Recently Ordered a 19' - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #11
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
As for the time, you will have your trailer before you know it. Loren
Yep. Very true.

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #12
Commercial Member
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Originally Posted by erikcampbell View Post

Anyone have a suggestion on the most impressive national park in Utah? I'm sure they're all awesome but I probably only have time for one.

That time of year I'd suggest Zion as the elevation is lower than Bryce Canyon (which is more impressive in my opinion) and it's also closer to a major highway. Be prepared for snow and cold nights, though!

Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #13
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Welcome, Erik! It is difficult to say how it will be in November for you. Can be snow for sure so you will have to see during the trip whether it looks doable. You can always go down the coast and go to Utah another time. Bryce hoodoos are not to be missed when in Utah.

We ordered for August and even then and September, it is possible for us to have to contend with snow as we will be in Canada for some time.

Think Crystal might have figured we have asked enough questions by now. She wanted to tidy up the build sheet today. Looking good. Dropped a couple thousand worth of stuff that was still on it that we are not getting. That was nice!
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:46 AM   #14
Trailer: 2015 19" -Are we there yet?-
Thank you for everyone's comments. I've been pretty busy so I'm just now checking responses to my post. I have a 6 month and a two year old that I'm home with during the day and I go to work at night so it gets a little crazy.

I think I pretty much have everything figured out as far as options, although I do have a few lingering questions. I'll post those as separate threads, I guess. One thing I do need to figure out soon is custom flooring, counter tops and fabric. I'm not really into the stock options and since this is my "second home" I'd like to make it my style.

Canada in November! I know, I may hit snow...I've been up before in November and I don't remember things being too bad, I also drove to Idaho on that trip. I think I did hit a little snow but my memory is a little sketchy, as that was in 2006.

Anyways, I wanted to add that one of the things I'm looking forward to is meeting some of you folks out on the road. I didn't realize that owning a trailer meant becoming part of a community and I think that is one of the coolest things. Ultimately I'm looking forward to exploring with my kids while teaching them about nature and being kindhearted people. My Dad took my brothers and I camping quite often and that experience has turned me into a backpacker and now I want to pass that love of being outdoors (albeit sleeping in a nice cozy trailer) to my children.

erikcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote