Insurance on a 15A? (Washington state) - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 6,884
Good Sam / Progressive offers 5 years full replacement value, and I agree I've not seen an American insurer who offers a longer term. After 5 years it's insured for the exact purchase price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:18 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Good Sam / Progressive offers 5 years full replacement value, and I agree I've not seen an American insurer who offers a longer term. After 5 years it's insured for the exact purchase price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Believe this is incorrect. It is not for the exact purchase price (if you mean what you paid) but the cost of a new (more expensive) trailer with exactly the same options. (I say this without regard to the exchange rate --- it would cost more now in Canadian dollars.) If you had to replace your 19' now, with present prices, it would be more than what you paid. Full replacement coverage would give you the same thing in the newer version without costing you what a new order now costs. Would not cost you anything to get the new replacement (oh, except all of those insurance premiums!)
__________________

__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:30 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
If so, Glenn needs to total it in the next couple of months.
Ho, ho, we're going to have to watch him!
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:39 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 6,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Believe this is incorrect. It is not for the exact purchase price (if you mean what you paid) but the cost of a new (more expensive) trailer with exactly the same options. (I say this without regard to the exchange rate --- it would cost more now in Canadian dollars.) If you had to replace your 19' now, with present prices, it would be more than what you paid. Full replacement coverage would give you the same thing in the newer version without costing you what a new order now costs. Would not cost you anything to get the new replacement (oh, except all of those insurance premiums!)
I'm not following. Replacement cost coverage means you're insured for what a new one, with the same options, would cost at the time of claim. That lasts for 5 years, at least on my policy. After that, you're insured for actual cost - what it cost you at the time of purchase. What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:49 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I'm not following. Replacement cost coverage means you're insured for what a new one, with the same options, would cost at the time of claim.
Not sure that the insurance company means "new" for replacement. They probably mean "comparable". And, if you don't like their interpretation of comparable, we'll "negotiate".
If the insured trailer is still in production, you would have a strong argument. If not, I'm not sure.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Posts: 1,195
News item: Two fiberglass travel trailers, a 2009 17 ft. and a 2015 19 ft., mysteriously collided, destroying both. Even more remarkable is that both trailers were produced by the same top-of-the-line Canadian manufacturer, Escape Trailer Industries.
Insurance company investigators are quite puzzled, but are continuing to attempt to determine the cause.
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
RLTW
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 1,926
Now how does Glenn convince them it was mislabeled and was really a 19?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I'm not following. Replacement cost coverage means you're insured for what a new one, with the same options, would cost at the time of claim. That lasts for 5 years, at least on my policy. After that, you're insured for actual cost - what it cost you at the time of purchase. What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You're right! I misunderstood you. Sorry about that. It was late and I had gone to see about new glasses, and .... Whatever other excuse I can come up with!
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Not sure that the insurance company means "new" for replacement. They probably mean "comparable". And, if you don't like their interpretation of comparable, we'll "negotiate".
If the insured trailer is still in production, you would have a strong argument. If not, I'm not sure.
Yes, they do mean "new" as far as I understand. You would be given the year's model when it is totaled, not "comparable." This is a particular product specifically for that, a new unit that is only comparable in that you get the same options. I believe that you are talking about "comparable" on your coverage. I am not. Can't check on this too many times though!
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Now how does Glenn convince them it was mislabeled and was really a 19?
Tammy has extra graphics.
__________________

__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.