Dometic RM8551 insuffucent cooling - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #111

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
"Reace said to move that switch at back closer to chimney"
Can the thermal switch on the condenser be moved without removing the frig ?
Hi Bob . You can't reach it if you have Escape installed baffle . You can't even see it until you remove frig . Fellows said here the fan will never shut off . Better to have a switch you control . If you remove frig it isn't hard to do just maddening that you have too . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I'll try to be real clear, so bear with me since I too struggle with anything electrical: 1.) I cut the wires leading out from the fan leaving enough wire(s) from the fan to spice-in about 3 to 4 feet onto both the hot and cold fan wires (I then discarded all remaining stock fan wiring and the thermal switch); 2.) I then ran the new, longer hot and cold fan wires to another power nearby 12V power source with the switch in-line on the hot side; 3.) I located the switch where there is room on the control panel and taped the wires running up over the fan down to the top of the fridge. NOTE, I did NOT wire anything "into" the control panel, I just located the switch there where there was room "on" the panel.
Hi Rich back on line . Both you and Tom gave me 2 options for that switch . Still hot here only can work on this early morning and early evening . I think the first thing I am going to do is insulate the cavity . Got my supplies for that last night . I have to finish coating my studio roof tonight first so probably in the morning . Received my snip the tip yesterday . Guess put back the metal on rear and forget the extension on pipe ? I could take my top piece to my welder and have him match with a little more length if you guys think it is important ? I really don't want to remove and deal with this again . I want to do everything I can now . Pat

Old 06-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #113

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
"Reace said to move that switch at back closer to chimney"
Can the thermal switch on the condenser be moved without removing the frig ?
Nope, sorry. It's located ant the top right on the back of the fridge.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #114

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Rich back on line . Both you and Tom gave me 2 options for that switch . Still hot here only can work on this early morning and early evening . I think the first thing I am going to do is insulate the cavity . Got my supplies for that last night . I have to finish coating my studio roof tonight first so probably in the morning . Received my snip the tip yesterday . Guess put back the metal on rear and forget the extension on pipe ? I could take my top piece to my welder and have him match with a little more length if you guys think it is important ? I really don't want to remove and deal with this again . I want to do everything I can now . Pat
Pat, I don't know nuffin' 'bout no pipe! Honest. Never heard of that mod before Tom posted his pic.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #115

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
I would not extend the flue unless you are a good machinist or have a good fabrication shop that can do it for you. It needs to be exactly like the original so it allows the flue out at the same rate and does not cause problems.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Pat, I don't know nuffin' 'bout no pipe! Honest. Never heard of that mod before Tom posted his pic.
Ok maybe take that off the list -the pipe. It is on Dometic 2012 papers that were enclosed with my trailer .it just was a little extension . Later I can scan the paper and send it . Problem I need a part number to order . Will see what I can get done tomorrow . Pat
Old 06-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
I would not extend the flue unless you are a good machinist or have a good fabrication shop that can do it for you. It needs to be exactly like the original so it allows the flue out at the same rate and does not cause problems.
Tom maybe should not be a concern but the hot air coming out there and staying back there . But I think not having the fan moving the air is my biggest problem . Pat
Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #118

Yelp. Getting the fans moving will get the heat out of there. I do not suggest doing any mods to the propane or flue system. I probably should not have posted those pictures. Just adds more confusion.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Yelp. Getting the fans moving will get the heat out of there. I do not suggest doing any mods to the propane or flue system. I probably should not have posted those pictures. Just adds more confusion.
Ok Tom no flue extension . Makes that easier for me . One ? Is there a limit to what air movement back there . Pat
Old 06-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #120

If you get your one factory fan controlled by a switch that should be enough. When mine is running I can actually feel air coming out of the top vent if I stand on a ladder. I have a second fan mounted up near the roof vent but have found I only need to run one.