Where to find Maple paneling - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2023, 10:09 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Where to find Maple paneling

We have a 5.0 with the maple interior. I’m installing a solar array and through-bolting the brackets to the roof.
In order to do this I have a couple of places I need to replace/add some paneling.
Does anyone know a US source for the “plastic covered” maple paneling and 1x2s that Escape uses. And what’s the proper term for this vinyl covered material?
Thanks,
Greg
GregWCIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
We used call it "photo embossed".

When I formerly mounted solar panels on the roof I through bolted them. But I made an aluminum rack that extended the mounting point so that the through bolts were hidden in the overhead lockers.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:43 PM   #3

Thanks Ron,
Like yours I fabricated an aluminum rack that is bolted inside of the cabinets. All except for two bolts right above the entry door. I do steel, aluminum and electric. Cabinetry work not so much so I’ll have a woodworker friend of mine help me improvise something there.
One Escapee at a rally made a really nice little shelf up there - perfect for hats and gloves.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
following I also am looking for some Maple paneling for A upcoming project.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 03:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Repair tape

I have an oak interior. I purchased from Escape a 1" wide roll of self adhesive oak film tape that covered some peeled paneling spot when removing some Velcro adhesive strips. If it's small, the tape did a reasonable job of blending in. They sell it by the foot (meter).

FYI. The shipping cost was more than the tape cost.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 04:32 PM   #6

Trailer: WTB: E19
You can purchase maple or red oak 48x96 verneer. If you take off the stapled 90 degree corners you can sheet the entire panel (next to the entry door, the bathroom room door, etc.) then staple the corners back up. This is great for repair, or you can google and find 1/8 inch panels.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/PureEdge...3759/312591234
Old 02-16-2023, 09:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
Maple

Try "Rockler". You can find them online if you don't have a store near you. They have all kinds of veneers and lumber. Perhaps you can order the pieces you need. Check them out...
Gary
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 06:05 AM   #8

Thanks. I checked my local Home Depot and they didn’t carry it. I never thought to look online. The maple veneer may be the way to go.
I see Rockler Has it too.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:58 AM   #9

I wonder if escape would sure who manufactures their panels.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:14 AM   #10

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Greg & Ron, Do you have any pictures of your brackets and how you bolted the solar panels? I'm one of many that is entertaining adding solar to my E21NE. Thank You
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:46 AM   #11

Trailer: 2012 Escape-19
Amazon sells Match and Patch vinyl wood grain tape in different wood types and colors.
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 10:34 AM   #12

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I wonder if escape would sure [share] who manufactures their panels.
FWIW when I asked in summer of 2021 during configuration of my trailer ETI was not forthcoming about their source, but they did agree to include 4x8 sheets of the maple paneling (crosscut to 4x4 pieces for delivery under the mattress in my trailer) at the IMO reasonable cost of $25 per full sheet.

In anticipation of future mods I jumped on 3 sheets at that price, using the small sample provided by ETI before order I'd looked for a locally available 'exact match' but came up empty.

BTW, none of those sheets have any marking, stamp, or label whatsoever indicating the manufacturer or anything else about the material.
Old 02-17-2023, 10:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
FWIW when I asked in summer of 2021 during configuration of my trailer ETI was not forthcoming about their source, but they did agree to include 4x8 sheets of the maple paneling (crosscut to 4x4 pieces for delivery under the mattress in my trailer) at the IMO reasonable cost of $25 per full sheet.

In anticipation of future mods I jumped on 3 sheets at that price, using the small sample provided by ETI before order I'd looked for a locally available 'exact match' but came up empty.

BTW, none of those sheets have any marking, stamp, or label whatsoever indicating the manufacturer or anything else about the material.
If I ever buy another new trailer, I think I add sheets to the build. I had a small piece oak shipped to me. same as yours no stamps on the back side. you were smart getting extra for down the road projects. I wish I got a couple extra doors also.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:42 PM   #14

mfschu,
I'm in the finishing stages of mounting mine. Its a bigger array than most - 3 -400 watt panels.
I have them sitting on top to mark the last holes to drill. Will then take them off for final bolting of the frame. I plan to start a thread with photos in a week or two.
But a quick tip: If you panels are long enough to straddle the center roof hump, you can through-bolt into the cabinets where the bolts may not even need to be covered. Also, look/feel up above the cabinet doors. There is framework there that is fastened to 3/4 in plywood strips that I assume are glued to the fiberglass roof. When possible, i drilled through that to make the fasteners even more secure.
Elsewhere, we are installing 3/4 x 4 x 8 in. in. plywood blocks glued to the fiberglass to accomplish the same goal of spreading the stresses.
I see you are in St. Louis. I'm only a couple hours north of you if you ever want to take a look.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
Greg & Ron, Do you have any pictures of your brackets and how you bolted the solar panels? I'm one of many that is entertaining adding solar to my E21NE. Thank You
If I wasn't in Antarctica with only a Surface Pro without any photos on it I would post detail photos for you.

I did post the photos of the solar panel mounting brackets etc. on my E19 but have too little bandwidth now to go searching for them.

Ron
Old 02-17-2023, 07:04 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
What??

Ron in BC, or was in BC, at one time.

Shouldn't you be in Abaco, Bahamas, and NOT in Antarctica, given the time of the year, and temperature there.

Seen much of interest?

stay frosty,
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 07:06 PM   #17

Thank You Greg! I look forward to seeing your post. Sounds like you are going to have a nice solar installation. Good luck!
Old 02-17-2023, 07:08 PM   #18

Thank you Ron! Enjoy your time in Antartica! Hopefully you'll post about that when you have time and bandwidth. I'll take a look on the forum and see if I can find your solar installation posts. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2023, 09:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
If I wasn't in Antarctica with only a Surface Pro without any photos on it I would post detail photos for you.

I did post the photos of the solar panel mounting brackets etc. on my E19 but have too little bandwidth now to go searching for them.

Ron
Holy Cow. That must be the first Escape in Antarctica. I have this mental picture of a little white bobber in the ocean.
Old 02-18-2023, 06:30 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Ron in BC, or was in BC, at one time.

Shouldn't you be in Abaco, Bahamas, and NOT in Antarctica, given the time of the year, and temperature there.

Seen much of interest?

stay frosty,

Yah, maybe I should temporarily change to "Ron in the land of ice and penguins."

Temperature today isn't too bad at all, 34*F but when the wind blows off the ice it is a little chilly. Of course it is summer here.

This was the final continent to reach, definitely feeling like I'm way out in the middle of nowhere.

No Escapes here although there were quite a few travel trailers in Puerto Arenas that looked like they did the Pan American highway to get there. As a reward they got free waterfront parking.

Ron