Originally Posted by Donna D.
I didn't want to start a new thread. Thought this might be of value to those going up or down I-5 to pickup a trailer... or taking vacation! Picture taken this morning of the Siskiyou Summit (heading South)
Yet when I drove it in Jan. and Feb. there were just the faintest signs of snow well off the road. Mother Nature, she's an unpredictable one.
Shows the difficulty of making long range plans. You pretty much have to make decisions much closer to the time of travel and then work around any bad stuff.
Personally, if I want to go South, I'll go South no matter what the time of year. But I'm also prepared to sit out a few days to wait out severe conditions. Possible road salt, I'm not going let that change my plans.