Planning a ETI visit in late September, need hike/fish recommendations. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Planning a ETI visit in late September, need hike/fish recommendations.

Looking for local information. Any place to spend a free afternoon or morning hiking or fishing? I understand the Riverview B&B is close to the Frasier River. Are the salmon running in late September (my first choice). Any local mountains to hike up and back in under 6 hours (wife's first choice)? After spending Friday afternoon and Saturday morning in the ETI facility, we will need to clear the fiberglass fumes out of the lungs, and I'm betting there are some really nice opportunities to do just that near by, before we drive back to Seattle for our flight home. I guess I should really broaden the search scope to include arts & culture, but that rubs against my fishing genes. But I'll keep an open mind - promise.
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Riverview has to be booked yesterday - practically impossible to get into during fishing seasons. ETI isn't very big - factory tour is maybe 17 minutes between 12-12:30 when the workers are at lunch. Show trailers are outside.
It's also a bit tricky to find as it's behind another business and you can't see it from the frontage road along Hwy 1. We stayed at the Coast Hotel Downtown Chilliwack Hotel | Chilliwack Hotel | The Coast Chilliwack Hotel
which was pretty comfy; pretty much a biz hotel with buffet breakfast if you want.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
After our visit a little over a week ago to go over our build sheet and now having ordered two escape trailers and having ordered one over the phone and the second one in person I would suggest doing it in person if at all
Posible and alow lots of time to just sit in the demo model of your prospective trailer and realy try and take it all in .
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
Alan, I only fish once in a while so I really don't know, but some local sites indicate that salmon are in the river in September. Depending on your prowess with bait and lures, I'd recommend a guide to hook you up with a sure fire rig and deal with the location, regulations, licensing, etc.

My favourite and most recommended hike in the Chilliwack area is Mt. Cheam – spectacular views---but its a 9 kilometer (6 mile) round trip after a long rough drive partway up the mountain. My son would do it in 6 hours without breaking a sweat, not so much for me Here's a list of a few of the other hikes in the area and reviews. hiking in North America, hiking routes in North America, day hikes in North America, hiking trails in canada with GPS download.
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #5

Trailer: none
An alternate to Riverview is Fraser Valley Fishing Lodge Fishing BC - Sturgeon and Salmon Fishing on the Fraser River - Fraser River Lodge Resort British Columbia Canada, Vancouver. About a 15 to 20 min drive from ETI

I second the Mt. Cheam recommendation but there are so many beautiful hiking trails in this area that you would be spoiled for choices
Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote