21NE kitchen counter length - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2020, 11:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
21NE kitchen counter length

I have read several conflicting answers to the question: how long is the countertop in the 21NE? I got a chance to measure that for myself - I measured it at 54" long. Longer than in a 19 (48"), and a bit shorter than in a 5.0TA (56"). Also, the trailer I measured had the 3 burner range w/oven, and the clear counter space between the edge of the range and the edge of the (standard) sink was 12".
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:53 AM   #2

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Good info folks. We're looking at both the 19 and 21NE as the wife moves towards retirement. Finally!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
I think what it more important is the distance between the sink and the stove/oven. I do not care how long the counter is but how much counter space for food prep. And 12" sure does not sound like enough.IMHO
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #4

At home, I do as much prep as I can before I start cooking, and I do it primarily on a cutting board. That can be done on the closed range cover, the sink cover, the counter extension, or the dinette table, as well as that 12" of counter. The key to dealing with any limitation is to look for good alternatives, plan for how to handle them, and sometimes, limit the scope of your ambition. IMO

I am practicing in my home kitchen by limiting the amount of space I use.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
I have read several conflicting answers to the question: how long is the countertop in the 21NE? I got a chance to measure that for myself - I measured it at 54" long. Longer than in a 19 (48"), and a bit shorter than in a 5.0TA (56"). Also, the trailer I measured had the 3 burner range w/oven, and the clear counter space between the edge of the range and the edge of the (standard) sink was 12".
this should help
Attached Thumbnails
21NE 001.jpg  
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
this should help
Thank you - it does help, although I am going to have Samuel verify this for me. Some of the measurements I made came up a bit different.

I wonder why Escape didn't send me this when I asked for it. They sent me several other sheets showing locations of things, but i specifically asked for interior dimensions. Oh well, the fun of figuring out things by email...
Old 05-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Why bother if it is "approximate and not drawn to scale"?
Old 05-24-2020, 05:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
Thank you - it does help, although I am going to have Samuel verify this for me. Some of the measurements I made came up a bit different.

I wonder why Escape didn't send me this when I asked for it. They sent me several other sheets showing locations of things, but i specifically asked for interior dimensions. Oh well, the fun of figuring out things by email...

let me know if samual measurement are different. Linda drew this for me and one for the 19'. At the time I was considering up sizing to the 21NE . In the end for us the 5" of counter was not enough for us. we did not need the bigger dinette area . some things i learned in my research. the counter is 5" longer but on opposite wall the 5" is used in dead space . so no more storage on that wall. same mattress is used on both 19 and 21NE . so on NE it will be 4" smaller than trailer. bath is same size.the table in the 19' is bigger. Pros for 21NE are big u shape dinette no up charge ,large fridge and kitchen window included in price.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:16 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
So, in retrospect. the 21NE bed area will have more air space around the bed, which allows making the bed easier as well as good for keep condensation away. I asked for a smaller mattress in my 2nd E19 after learning on the first E19 the queen bed was wedged in tight which made making the bed and condensation problems.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So, in retrospect. the 21NE bed area will have more air space around the bed, which allows making the bed easier as well as good for keep condensation away. I asked for a smaller mattress in my 2nd E19 after learning on the first E19 the queen bed was wedged in tight which made making the bed and condensation problems.

I guess I didn't realize that the 19 was wedged so tight it cased condensation problems.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:32 PM   #11

Quote:
I guess I didn't realize that the 19 was wedged so tight it cased condensation problems.
Not if you ask for a smaller mattress, like 3" all around on each of the 4 sides....
Old 05-24-2020, 07:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Not if you ask for a smaller mattress, like 3" all around on each of the 4 sides....

I didn't no that was a option and it was necessary to stop condensation.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
When we got our 19 the mattress had about 2 in cut off so it didn’t touch the walls . That was in 2013 Nov .Never asked for it to be done or a option it just was . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've never found it to be an issue. Have had to wipe down the windows in the morning, but they are single glazed.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:31 PM   #15

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, good to have some air space all around. We have a standard queen that fits tightly in the rear of the 19 and on an extended trip in cold weather there can be some condensation between the mattress and wall. Have had it happen in the upper cabinets too where items were touching the wall. Not sure if the newer insulation is helping to alleviate this at all. Probably not.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:30 AM   #16

I spoke at length with Reace in 2012 winter after experiencing our first freezing and snowy thanksgiving in New York. We had a heated water supply but the ice around the bed caused me to seek and find pool noodles at a local hardware store. I also noticed the door had ice on the inside. I mentioned to Reace these issues and he conceded that the door was a weak spot and was not insulated and the mattress needed air. When I ordered my new trailer in 2013 he said the doors were now insulated and had thermal windows and he was cutting the mattress smaller for air circulation.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #17

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
I spoke at length with Reace in 2012 winter after experiencing our first freezing and snowy thanksgiving in New York. We had a heated water supply but the ice around the bed caused me to seek and find pool noodles at a local hardware store. I also noticed the door had ice on the inside. I mentioned to Reace these issues and he conceded that the door was a weak spot and was not insulated and the mattress needed air. When I ordered my new trailer in 2013 he said the doors were now insulated and had thermal windows and he was cutting the mattress smaller for air circulation.
A great mod to insulate the early hollow doors using polystyrene bean bag balls...
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post199433
Old 05-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Yes, good to have some air space all around. We have a standard queen that fits tightly in the rear of the 19 and on an extended trip in cold weather there can be some condensation between the mattress and wall. Have had it happen in the upper cabinets too where items were touching the wall. Not sure if the newer insulation is helping to alleviate this at all. Probably not.
Quote:

I sent ETI a email to see if a smaller mattress is still a option
Old 05-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #19

Quote:
I sent ETI a email to see if a smaller mattress is still a option
Just realize what was done 8 years ago may not be available today. suppliers change as do manufacturers.........
Old 05-26-2020, 03:12 PM   #20

Quote:

I did get a response from ETI. They will no longer do this. so I guess I have to deal with the condensation problems.my casita mattress was wedged in there tight and never had any condensation.must be condensation forms more on the vinyl than is does on carpet. well I wait and see how bad it is. I know the 19' we looked at the owners only complaint was condensation.