Awning & window changes - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #61
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Hmmm. I didn't know that. How far do they open? Anyone care to post a photo of an awning window opened to the max? I'd like to see.

I'd just assumed they would open to perhaps a 40 or 45 degree angle, like some of the jalousies I'm familiar with.
The frameless windows (except for the kitchen window) are hinged from the top. If they were allowed to open out that far it would mean water getting in with only a little rain. Since the kitchen window is hinged only on the bottom third, it can open out at a greater angle and still not pose a problem.

As for the cross ventilation, I agree with Pat that the sliders offer more, but several friends with the frameless awning style windows report that the cross ventilation is fine.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #62

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I think the area around the window when open would be close to the square inches of the slider when open. However the awning style does block the wind/breeze.
They open aprox 3 inches with a twist of a knob.
I have to come up with something as I fear that someone is going to lean on my door when it is almost fully open and crush the window beside it.
Here are your photos.
Attached Thumbnails
A5357196-AD76-407B-9519-164411AC1DC6.jpg   A363C39D-3770-4248-872A-13E6C334AA43.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #63

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Awning & window changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post

I have to come up with something as I fear that someone is going to lean on my door when it is almost fully open and crush the window beside it.
Solution:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5047.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	32692Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5049.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	32693

RV Designer E239 White 10" T-Style... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UC8OWM?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
Old 07-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #64

Trailer: none
Quote:
I think that is the reason HiLo put the one and only slider on the trailer where the entry door opens, to avoid that issue. It's the window just forward of the door in this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Boulder Creek-Lone Pine.jpg  
Old 07-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #65

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
...I have to come up with something as I fear that someone is going to lean on my door when it is almost fully open and crush the window beside it.
Here are your photos.
Maybe the answer is a rollup door for your Escape?

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #66

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
Does that door include an upgraded step?
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #67

Trailer: None now
Quote:

I have one of those doors.

You have to be very careful if you do not raise it all the way up.
Just like the escape door mine has knocked the bark off the top of my head a couple times.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Good for keeping Bears out too😂
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #69

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I would presume that ETI will make it easy on everybody and only offer the black frames on the sliders as in the past and as on the Bigfoot and not the choice of white frames as with the Oliver.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #70

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Hmmm. I didn't know that. How far do they open? Anyone care to post a photo of an awning window opened to the max? I'd like to see.

I'd just assumed they would open to perhaps a 40 or 45 degree angle, like some of the jalousies I'm familiar with.
Mike about 3 in . To really experience the amount of air flow you will get , go to a RV dealer on a hot day , sit in RV's with both awning windows and sliders that will give you your answer . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #71

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Mike about 3 in . To really experience the amount of air flow you will get , go to a RV dealer on a hot day , sit in RV's with both awning windows and sliders that will give you your answer . Pat
Then do the same, on a hot day, while it is raining and see how much air only you get....from both types of windows. Besides, most trailers these days are frameless, maybe hard to find the older slider style....
Old 07-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Then do the same, on a hot day, while it is raining and see how much air only you get....from both types of windows. Besides, most trailers these days are frameless, maybe hard to find the older slider style....
Have . Really just looked at a 2018 24 ft loaded Forester Class C 2 days ago , just one at our RV dealer . One of the items that attracted us . Many manufacturers still use . Pat
Old 07-15-2018, 04:42 AM   #73

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 - "Here We Go Again"
We are in the process of finalizing our build sheet for a 21" due in November.

We were quite surprised to see that ETI will no longer be offering the power awning and the frameless insulated windows in 2019. We were considering changing these features on our new trailer and have thought long and hard about our decision.

We had a power awning on another trailer and really loved it. It was convenient (no getting up in the middle of the night because of a storm and struggling to get the awning rolled in before it was damaged) and ease of use (DW could easily extend or retract awning with the touch of a button). We have also learned that use of any awning may or may not be weather dependent - when in doubt, bring it it.

As for the windows. We currently own a 17' Casita with the slider windows. If there was one thing we would change, the windows would be it. Sliders are great for cross ventilation, but useless in even a light rain (some ventilation is still good in those situations).

After discussing our concerns with our rep at ETI and reading comments from other owners, we have decided to stick with the current offerings (power awning and frameless awning type windows).

We believe that the Escape trailers are a quality built product and have faith in the customer service and integrity of ETI to assist with any problems that may occur.

We will be taking delivery of our new trailer in November. Maybe we will see some of you on the road in our future travels. You will know us by our tagline on the back of the trailer: "Here We Go Again!".
gwvwadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:56 AM   #74

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I agree with you you Gary and I too have decided to stick with the power awning and frameless windows, they make the trailer look so sleek and I had no issues with them on my 2016 E19.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #75

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
Does anyone know why ETI is going to discontinue the power awning and frameless windows? So far, Ilove them both.
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #76

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I like my old style slider windows and my old, manual awning. Just don't see what's the fuss about them. Seems like a tempest in a teapot.

When it's hot and rains and I need circulation I open the (it's a big awning) escape window. On the other side if rain enters through the sliders I can pull out my manual awning to create a shield. (Have never needed to.) Do like my sliders. If dry camping I got a nice quiet little $6dollar Wally-fan, battery power.

Forrest gump once told me, "...beauty is as beauty does, Bubba."
Old 07-15-2018, 08:43 PM   #77

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I like my old style slider windows and my old, manual awning. Just don't see what's the fuss about them. Seems like a tempest in a teapot.

When it's hot and rains and I need circulation I open the (it's a big awning) escape window. On the other side if rain enters through the sliders I can pull out my manual awning to create a shield. (Have never needed to.) Do like my sliders. If dry camping I got a nice quiet little $6dollar Wally-fan, battery power.

Myron, that maybe, but the frameless windows are really nice, I mean really, really nice to look at and we love the awning style.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #78

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Myron, that maybe, but the frameless windows are really nice, I mean really, really nice to look at and we love the awning style.
Agreed. After having both I very much prefer the frameless awning for looks and for function.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #79

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Agreed. After having both I very much prefer the frameless awning for looks and for function.

Also agreed after also having had both.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post

We are with you Myroneven though the Escape and kitchen are awning windows we can live with those . Pat