Awning & window changes - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #1

Trailer: Planning for a 2019 5.0TA
Awning & window changes

ETI posted on Facebook today:

There will be some minor changes to the Escape Travel Trailer for 2019.

These changes will include the return of the Carefree Fiesta Manual Awning with Arms as a standard feature.
Effective January 1, 2019 we will no longer be offering the Dometic Power Awning. This change will see the base price of the trailer reduced by $700.00cdn to reflect the difference in cost between the two awnings.

Escape Trailer Industries will also be removing the Frame-less Thermal Windows from their Options List. Framed Thermal Windows will be available to replace this option.

Available 2019 Completion Dates and pricing will be updated shortly to reflect these changes.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
When Reace brought his new generation (19?) to Osoyoos a couple of years ago I bet wifey that the auto-awning would turn out do be a major flaw. That didn't take long!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #3

Trailer: Coming in November - 21' Escape
We are finalizing our 21' build in August.
Saw the news on Facebook that a Carefree awning will be standard on the new 2019 builds as well as framed windows.
Have seen some problems associated with the power awning currently used and wonder if that is why the Carefree will be used.
Wonder why the windows are being replaced?
gwvwadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
They have been having a lot issues with the gaskets on the frameless Windows
Oldtimer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
ETI posted on Facebook today:

These changes will include the return of the Carefree Fiesta Manual Awning with Arms as a standard feature.
Effective January 1, 2019 we will no longer be offering the Dometic Power Awning. This change will see the base price of the trailer reduced by $700.00cdn to reflect the difference in cost between the two awnings.

Escape Trailer Industries will also be removing the Frame-less Thermal Windows from their Options List. Framed Thermal Windows will be available to replace this option.

Available 2019 Completion Dates and pricing will be updated shortly to reflect these changes.
Thank you Rease!

The power awning I could take or leave - it didn't really matter as I don't use the awning. I think the only times it's been deployed is to demonstrate it.

The frameless windows are a fiasco. I have had to replace two of the them already and worry about the rest of them. Now that I seem to have weeded out the bad actors, they are working OK but I still don't trust them.

I might have to pull a cpaharley2008 and upgrade in a few years. Jim, is the resale still good if you have refilled the propane tanks?
Old 07-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Heck if I know, I'm sort of in limbo, my 19 is gone this week, I have a 2019 on order with the frameless windows and power awning, supposed to be completed in December and sit until the rally in May, now I'm not sure what to do. HELP.....
Old 07-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Heck if I know, I'm sort of in limbo, my 19 is gone this week, I have a 2019 on order with the frameless windows and power awning, supposed to be completed in December and sit until the rally in May, now I'm not sure what to do. HELP.....
I would call Rease and let him know which way you wanted to go. The last time I talked to him, he didn't seem to happy with the failure rate on the frameless and the failure rate (broken or out of adjustment) for the power awning is not much better.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Lance 1995, Ordering a 21' for a January delivery
We're about to purchase a 21' for a Jan 15 pickup date. One thing we liked were the tip-out frameless windows. Really don't like sliders, but sounds like we won't have a choice. We had already decided on the Carefree awning anyway.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
I thought the awning was recessed in the mold cavity at the roof on all but the 5.0TA. I highly doubt ETI would be doing new body molds.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Who knows ETI comes up with the same solution they used during the transition from the classic to the new generation, giving customers a choice.
Only way to find out is to pick up the phone. The answer to this you won't find on fb...