Escape 19 build list - production starts next week - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #31

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Thanks.

padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
We're reinforcing the wall between the fridge and the bed, between the stove and the bed, between the dinette and the bathroom and the front facing bathroom wall.
I never did that, it was not even a talked about option, and do have magazine racks on the two ends. I just made sure at least one fastener was into the framing. Holding good so far.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #33

Trailer: 19'
Is the Polar Cub A/C incompatible with a digital thermostat? Or is it just something that Reace won't install, but can be added later by owner?

If A/C and heater are both Dometic, I think 1 digital wall thermostat controls both. With a Polar Cub A/C, does that mean 2 wall thermostats? j
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
The thermostat is built in on the polar cub and the stock heater thermostat is the conventional type rv unit. Both of these will have temperature swings where the unit over shoots the set point and you go from hot to cold with both heat or the a/c. With Dometic, one unit controls both heat and a/c and is digital.That is an Escape option. With Polar Cub there is no digital. But you may get the optional heat strip with the polar cub. You may switch out the furnace to a digital if you want later very easily.
Very complicated.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #35

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

I think in past discussions (apologies if I'm mistaken) you have noted that you really liked the Polar Cub, it's sized well (for a 19') and relatively quiet. For you, would the convenience and utility of the single digital thermostat for both heat and A/C compensate for additional noise from the Dometic A/C? j
Old 12-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #36
Site Team

I decided to get the Dometic for several reasons, my last 3 trailers had the Polar Cub and one of the reasons was it would operate off a 2000w generator, never needed that. another reason was it was quieter, but I only ran the Escape a/c once last year, either because it is a cooler trailer with the insulation or my body is changing, either way, I did not feel the up charge was worth it. In addition, with the digital thermostat now on the heat and a/c with the Dometic, to me that was the kicker. I love the heater while operating off digital, it is real even heat. So those are my reasons, louder maybe, but the positives outweigh the negatives particularly when a/c is not used that often.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #37

Thanks a lot for taking time to give me your points. j
Old 12-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The thermostat is built in on the polar cub and the stock heater thermostat is the conventional type rv unit. Both of these will have temperature swings where the unit over shoots the set point and you go from hot to cold with both heat or the a/c. With Dometic, one unit controls both heat and a/c and is digital.That is an Escape option. With Polar Cub there is no digital. But you may get the optional heat strip with the polar cub. You may switch out the furnace to a digital if you want later very easily.
Very complicated.
Jim, is it possible to install the single digital control for furnace and AC yourself. I have the Dometic AC.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #39

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I was also initially sold on the polar cub due to the level of quiet. When I found out it was being discontinued, I went with the Dometic & digital thermostat. I have done all I could to make my unit well suited for camping off grid. When I'm in areas where I'm willing to pay for hookups due to high temps, I'll be thankful to be cool! Still comfortable that I've made the right decision for me.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #40
Site Team

Jim, is it possible to install the single digital control for furnace and AC yourself. I have the Dometic AC.
Others have done it and I did it for the furnace in another non escape unit, but have not tackled the a/c and heat together, that is why I ordered it, similar to stock11 from the factory.
Kstock11 by the way should update their avatar, I believe they have their unit.