Finally able to figure out color options for our forthcoming 2017 escape 21' - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2016, 03:32 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Only you can really answer whether black will work or not. It's YOUR trailer, not someone else's. YOU'RE the one that's going to be using it, not someone else. Get what makes YOU happy, not someone else.

If you really want to test out black fabric, maybe you can hit your local fabric store and buy a yard or two of some really cheap all black fabric. Lay it over your couch or chair and see how it looks. Sit on it, look at it from close up and far away. Can you move the chair to a smaller room? That might give you an idea of how it would look in a trailer that's most likely lots smaller than your living room.

If you don't want the fabric later on, donate it to Goodwill or some other charity. Or let it sit around in your attic for 5+ years before you realize you're never really gonna need it and then you donate it. Not that I know anything about that.

Point being - don't go by anyone else's thoughts or decisions on their trailer. They don't have to stay in your trailer.
Thanks for the good thoughts.

We just happen to have black sofas at home. A coincidence.

And

I'm just not experienced at RV fabric selection.

Just asking to see if there are any universal NO NOs about fabric in an RV

we'll get the thermal Windows, so I think sun and heat is a non issue.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
The fabric was the most agonizing process we went through, and I'm sure having selected yours you've been through the process. Once we picked it and signed off our build sheet we ordered everything sent to ETI and then we put the whole thing away and forgot about it till we picked up the trailer. If we didn't do that we would have second guessed ourselves into oblivion. We're happy and we eliminated many months of continuing stress.

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
The fabric was the most agonizing process we went through, and I'm sure having selected yours you've been through the process. Once we picked it and signed off our build sheet we ordered everything sent to ETI and then we put the whole thing away and forgot about it till we picked up the trailer. If we didn't do that we would have second guessed ourselves into oblivion. We're happy and we eliminated many months of continuing stress.
Wise words, as always, Greg.

Update - my better half (AKA Darling Wife) just informed me that Deep Sea (blue) is also a good option....

it would be more 'fun' than black, and would go with our other colors.

I seem to recall that folks in the USA have been happy with Patio Lane, correct?

I'd be able to drop it off at ETI, so I'd just have Patio Lane ship to me in Los Angeles, and I'd take to ETI later in the summer when I go for a quick visit to Canada.

Heavenly 305 Deep Sea Contract Interior Upholstery Fabric - Patio Lane
Old 07-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
That is very similar to what we got. Think ours was Dupione Deep Sea, but in the Sunbrella.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #25

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
build sheet

We have to have our build sheet done by Aug.8th and just getting started again . I've looked at the Formica web site where are the number 58"s formica?
The standard flooring seems to be fine with us I wonder if the 2017 will be the same as the 2014's? Another Sara Question .
As far as the upholstery goes we would like a solid color sunbrella . we order that and send it to ETI?
CP harley I think set me up with a build sheet and I can't seem to find it ?? Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We have to have our build sheet done by Aug.8th and just getting started again . I've looked at the Formica web site where are the number 58"s formica?
The standard flooring seems to be fine with us I wonder if the 2017 will be the same as the 2014's? Another Sara Question .
As far as the upholstery goes we would like a solid color sunbrella . we order that and send it to ETI?
CP harley I think set me up with a build sheet and I can't seem to find it ?? Jim
Hey Jim.....

I myself dont have any answers for all your questions.... other than many Formica colors are available in a variety of finishes..... the #58 finish are not all grouped together. Just look at a color, and it'll tell you if it comes in #58 finish. Many do.

and.... yes you send the fabric you want to ETI. Consider buying in Canada (and shipped within Canada) if you are in USA, to avoid duty and customs hassle.

and....

I can't recall if the 2017 standard flooring will be same as 2014. ETI can tell you.
I think maybe yes. Maybe. Don't quote me.

and

Traditional online forum etiquette suggests that if you have any other unrelated questions and comments... that you maybe start your own thread.

Helps the forum work well.

And avoids "thread hijack"

just a thought. No crisis.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
where are the number 58"s formica?
"Number 58" means matte finish - not color. Here's the link:
FormicaŽ Laminate

Quote:
I wonder if the 2017 will be the same as the 2014's?
Same, at least according to photos of the 2017 style posted by others.

Quote:
would like a solid color sunbrella . we order that and send it to ETI?
Yes. Another supplier link:

http://www.sailrite.com/Fabrics/Mari...tem_popularity
Old 07-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #28

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Sorry

I'm sorry about that, didn't mean to hijack your thread I just couldn't find my build sheet and my wife and I are so excited that we saw a 21 this weekend and wanted to get going . I did find my build sheet and have asked more questions Thanks for all the Help .Love this Site Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:26 PM   #29

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I seem to recall that folks in the USA have been happy with Patio Lane, correct?

I'd be able to drop it off at ETI, so I'd just have Patio Lane ship to me in Los Angeles, and I'd take to ETI later in the summer when I go for a quick visit to Canada.
I ordered 20 yards from Patio Lane and it came in one big roll. If you're flying up there, you'll probably want to take it off the roll and fold it up and wad it into a suitcase or box, as it might be over a size limit (but check with the airlines, of course).

I was very happy with my experiences with them. Can't speak for others, though.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #30

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl

Very nice color! I love blue tones, although I didn't get that for our trailer as I found something I love even more.

Have you received free samples in that color? If you haven't ordered them yet, see if you can order more than one in that color. Then pin them together as the samples you get are usually pretty small and it can be hard to tell how much you like it. But a much larger sample - much easier to fall in love with it or go "ick".

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote