Mattress options for 17B? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by medora View Post
Thanks for all these options.

We just did a little Amazon shopping and are wondering what the peanut gallery thinks of these two options:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W67PCTE Milliard 4 inch memory foam tri fold

Amazon.com - Milliard 6-Inch Memory Foam Tri-fold Mattress with Ultra Soft Removable Cover with Non-Slip Bottom - Queen -

We like these because they fold up and would presumably give us the option of taking the mattress out if we wanted to set up our Escape for Happy Hour when it's sitting around in our gardens. Either way we'd have to cut them (doesn't seem like a big deal) -- and if there were no other considerations we both would go 6" BUT we are a little concerned about weight and bulk getting the larger one out the door. What think y'all? 4" enough to improve signifcantly over the escape cushions if we leave them at home? Or should we get the 4 and use it OVER the escape cushions (which may make our sinkside table a little unhappy)?
Old post, I know, but wondering if you got one of these? I was looking at the 6" one. It has great reviews but is slightly short for the 15 (current mattress is 77", that one is a bit shorter.) But would allow access to the seat storage.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #42

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
We didn't! We ended up getting a foam mattress topper which we cut down a bit to size. It's fabulous and has made a huge difference in our sleep. We also use a bed extension (put together for us by Reace) which gives us extra legroom.
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #43

I found someone else who did and likes it- I ordered one and am hoping it will work so I can access storage. If not, or I don't like it, it can be used by my grandkids, so no loss. I have a larger bed space so no need to trim- we'll see how it fits!
Old 06-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #44

It came, it fits, it expanded right away but is out there degassing. Feels very comfortable. It should allow easier access to the under-bench storage even with the permanent bed setup. Now to decide what should be stored there. Maybe the mesh walls for my canopy (haven't used them yet).

Tags
17b, bed, bed extension, mattress