No More Rotated Stoves except for 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2018, 06:31 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In my Escape...full time, Washington
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 164
No More Rotated Stoves except for 17

Just FYI... received a call from ETI yesterday letting me know they have discovered that the new Suburban stove they are now using cannot be rotated 90 degrees. Apparently, the counter top is not deep enough to accommodate the new stove. OK on the 17 which has a deeper counter top.

Just a bit bummed but guess it's really not that big a deal.
__________________

CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 17,903
Progress, you trade off something to get ahead......
__________________

__________________
Jim
Never in doubt, often wrong.....
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In my Escape...full time, Washington
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Progress, you trade off something to get ahead......
Right! It is a nice looking stove
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Durham, Ontario
Trailer: 10' Taylor Coach (sold)
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNH View Post
Just FYI... received a call from ETI yesterday letting me know they have discovered that the new Suburban stove they are now using cannot be rotated 90 degrees. Apparently, the counter top is not deep enough to accommodate the new stove. OK on the 17 which has a deeper counter top.

Just a bit bummed but guess it's really not that big a deal.
Just for clarification.
What’s the reason for rotating the stove please?
Duer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 13,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duer View Post
Just for clarification.
What’s the reason for rotating the stove please?
They are narrower that way, giving a wee bit more precious counter space.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 2,901
Carl: I don't think you will be disappointed. With the hinged cover and controls at the middle front on the new Suburban SDS2 it seems it should work much better facing the user. When the old Atwood DV20 was rotated the controls were in the front left corner so it probably wasn't as awkward. When the cover is closed it is flush so counter space is a non-issue. The standard counter extension provided off to the left of the sink helps too.

Other minor benefits of the standard orientation is that it appears to align a bit better with the range hood above as both burners are set back a bit versus one further out front when rotated. Plus if you ever wanted to "upgrade" to a Dickinson it looks feasible with the standard orientation, but impossible if it is rotated without a new counter top.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In my Escape...full time, Washington
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 164
Yes, I'm fine with the standard orientation. Most likely won't be doing a lot of cooking inside anyway :-) Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Carl: I don't think you will be disappointed. With the hinged cover and controls at the middle front on the new Suburban SDS2 it seems it should work much better facing the user. When the old Atwood DV20 was rotated the controls were in the front left corner so it probably wasn't as awkward. When the cover is closed it is flush so counter space is a non-issue. The standard counter extension provided off to the left of the sink helps too.

Other minor benefits of the standard orientation is that it appears to align a bit better with the range hood above as both burners are set back a bit versus one further out front when rotated. Plus if you ever wanted to "upgrade" to a Dickinson it looks feasible with the standard orientation, but impossible if it is rotated without a new counter top.
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Durham, Ontario
Trailer: 10' Taylor Coach (sold)
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duer View Post
Just for clarification.
What’s the reason for rotating the stove please?
Jim,

Thanks for that info and clarity.

Duer
Duer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: looking at the Escape 19
Posts: 90
Does anyone have a picture of the new stove?
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In my Escape...full time, Washington
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Murry View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the new stove?
I think it is the 2 burner cooktop shown here... Suburban - 2 & 3 Burner Drop-In Cooktops | Airxcel
__________________

CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.