Our Almost Signed Off 5.0TA Build Sheet - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #31

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have them and like them! I'm a reader. It's nice to burrow back in the corner of the dinette and have a "spot light" on a book. There's a difference to me for have a light for seeing and one for reading. YMMV
yeah, the brighter the light for reading, the better, in my opinion! Good to know they work great for reading as we ordered them in the dinette area as well.

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #32

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
(snip) We then ordered the flooring from Pioneer Building Supply in Chilliwack. Get a decent exchange rate and there was no shipping, and Escape will go get it when they need it. (snip)
We've already ordered our flooring and sink from Pioneer and they're already there. Even though we won't need them for months. I tripled checked that it's okay with Pioneer to hold them for that long and they said that was fine. They're well used to doing that.

Another comment on upholstery - again, a tip from Donna D.

She mentioned that upholstery can be discontinued every year or so, so I took that to heart when I finally found the color I wanted. I ordered it right away and it's been stashed in my attic for the past 5-6 months or so. It took me long enough to settle on what I liked, I figured I wasn't going to run the risk of it being discontinued by the time we ordered the trailer, much less needed it for the trailer. So, yeah, I had it was before we were able to order the trailer. I figured I could live with another countertop or flooring option if they were discontinued, but not that fabric!

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
On flooring- it seems it would be expensive to ship product from US to Canada. We spent a good amount of time at Pioneer but couldn't make a decision. When we got home we discovered that samples here are often quite different from what they can get up there from the same mfg. Learned this after spending more time here before we gave it up. Not sorry as with carpet runners down it is not that noticeable and if we do it later we can just go over the top of the existing and use much less material than originally when they go throughout.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #34

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Apparently, or maybe I should say hopefully, I sent a link of the exact flooring we wanted to Pioneer and they responded back that they could get the flooring. I sincerely hope its the same...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Pioneer was very helpful to us with the flooring. They had a large sample piece of the one we wanted and the salesperson took a bunch of pics of the sample on her phone and emailed them to us which sealed the deal. She also knew the trailers well and we asked her opinion of how she thought it would work with the interior. She absolutely said it would be a great choice, so we ordered it. When ETI got it, Crystal also thought it would be awesome which gave us one more check before installing it. The flooring did turn out to be what we were hoping.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #36

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
I have them and like them! I'm a reader. It's nice to burrow back in the corner of the dinette and have a "spot light" on a book. There's a difference to me for have a light for seeing and one for reading. YMMV
We opted for the captains reading lights because I tend to go to bed earlier than Teresa, and she likes to read at night. That way she can be at the small dinette reading with just one of the smaller lights on.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
I love the captain's lights, for exactly the same reason.

I ended up getting some "warmer" bulbs from Amazon. They have a yellower light that I find easier on my eyes.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #38

Trailer: 2001 Arctic Fox 5th Wheel 235N
Thanks for sharing your 5.0 TA Build Sheet! We are just now seriously considering ordering our own 5.0 TA and this will help. We had a tour of the 10th ever built 5.0 TA by the very nice owner and were impressed with the coach. Very good use of space, even better use that our 24' Arctic Fox 5th wheel (Except for the couch slide and dry bath of course) I am sure I will have some more questions for the forum before we actually take the plunge..... Thanks again!
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #39

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
You are welcome! We've had it almost 3 months now and I have to say, we don't regret getting anything we did, nor do we wish we had gotten anything we didn't...ok, so the only thing we didn't get, practically was the foam insulation, but still. We love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote