We just changed our build from 17B to 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
GregandTeresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lewisburg, Tennessee
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Posts: 362
We just changed our build from 17B to 19

At the time that we ordered our 17B, we had not yet had an opportunity to see an actual Escape except in pictures.

Shortly after placing our order, we had an opportunity to see a couple of 19's locally. While we liked the 19 and loved the roomy feel, we still felt good about ordering the 17B because we felt like the layout of the 17, with two separate seating areas, would give us the flexibility that we wanted.

As time went by, as I'm bad to do, I started second guessing myself a bit. So I really wanted to see a 17B up close before we were past the point of no return.

This past Sunday, it turns out that our very own Jon Vermilye was going to be camping about 20 minutes from my moms's house, so there was my chance.

So after seeing Jon's camper, while there was nothing at all that I dis-liked about it, and I still felt like it would be the perfect camper for us right now, while we are still working and only taking short trips, we decided that for the long run, the 19 would probably work better for us when we start taking longer trips and spending more time in it.

Our goal all along was for this to be the one and only camper that we bought. So I reached out to Escape yesterday and let them know that we had decided to move up to the 19. And of course, they were more than happy to take more money from us . So now, instead of the 2016 17B, we will be taking delivery of a 2016 19. Same build date of August 3rd.

While it will be a bit more money now, we know that it would be a lot more money later to get into a 19 if we waited until retirement.
__________________

GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
At the time that we ordered our 17B, we had not yet had an opportunity to see an actual Escape except in pictures.

Shortly after placing our order, we had an opportunity to see a couple of 19's locally. While we liked the 19 and loved the roomy feel, we still felt good about ordering the 17B because we felt like the layout of the 17, with two separate seating areas, would give us the flexibility that we wanted.

As time went by, as I'm bad to do, I started second guessing myself a bit. So I really wanted to see a 17B up close before we were past the point of no return.

This past Sunday, it turns out that our very own Jon Vermilye was going to be camping about 20 minutes from my moms's house, so there was my chance.

So after seeing Jon's camper, while there was nothing at all that I dis-liked about it, and I still felt like it would be the perfect camper for us right now, while we are still working and only taking short trips, we decided that for the long run, the 19 would probably work better for us when we start taking longer trips and spending more time in it.

Our goal all along was for this to be the one and only camper that we bought. So I reached out to Escape yesterday and let them know that we had decided to move up to the 19. And of course, they were more than happy to take more money from us . So now, instead of the 2016 17B, we will be taking delivery of a 2016 19. Same build date of August 3rd.

While it will be a bit more money now, we know that it would be a lot more money later to get into a 19 if we waited until retirement.
Good choice. You cannot go wrong with the 19' (no matter what those naysayers with other sizes of Escapes say). We have a 19' and are very happy with it.
__________________

__________________
2013-19' & 2013-15B {avg is two 17's}, towed by 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 3,285
Welcome to the "I was going to buy a 17 but switched to a 19 club"

Now that we've got lot's of miles on ours we don't regret the decision for a second. We especially are glad to have the extra dinette space.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,337
Planning for the long run! Smart! Would have done the same. Now on to the build sheet! Best wishes for everything!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
GregandTeresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lewisburg, Tennessee
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Planning for the long run! Smart! Would have done the same. Now on to the build sheet! Best wishes for everything!
Really no need to change the build sheet. We had already locked in all of our options for the 17B, so that translated over very well. We actually came out a little better with the 19. On the 17, we had paid for a larger fridge, and an exterior storage hatch. Both of those come standard with the 19.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,144
Welcome to the "19ers."
I'm assuming you stayed with the "Classic" which will soon formulate another club possibility. Maybe a "Classic" gathering down the road?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
GregandTeresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lewisburg, Tennessee
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Welcome to the "19ers."
I'm assuming you stayed with the "Classic" which will soon formulate another club possibility. Maybe a "Classic" gathering down the road?
We definitely stayed with the classic. I saw nothing on the new and improved that I felt like I had to have. And a classic gathering sounds good to me
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
nathanj04011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Midcoast, Maine
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 421
Glad to hear you had second thoughts too! We started out looking at a 19' locally, thought it was nice, then saw a 21' and thought it was nicer so ordered it, then sight unseen switched our order to a 5.0TA because we thought it was the nicest!

We didn't like that the 21' bed was the same size as our Casita's, and we didn't like the idea of crawling over each other in the 19' like we had to in our Casita, so when thinking about it, the 5.0TA was the glass slipper.

Oh, the 2 kids? They factored in to all of it as well!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
kstock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 670
Congratulations from another 19 owner. I went back & forth until I saw a 19, and there was no looking back. At 5'5" tall the standard dinette works as my special u dinette - I can stretch out on either bench. Also, I can stretch out vertically and the Queen size bed is great.
__________________
Kevin
Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything - Charles Kuralt
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,337
You didn't need best wishes; happened already. Time to relax, reflect, and be happy! Cheers on another classic!! (from another classic fan)
__________________

Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.