What I learned at the factory on 1/19/16 - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2016, 01:45 PM   #71

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Haven't a clue how the stock blinds would look without a valence. Take one of the photos off this site, photoshop it without one and see how it looks!
Or one could just get one of the folks with a trailer built before they started adding them a few years ago. I am not sure when they started adding them though. I never had them in my 19, though do think they make a nice finishing touch.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #72

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Oh, didn't realize that was a recent addition to the trailers. Yeah, that would be much easier, huh?

Old 05-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #73

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Here is how the 2005 17b came with the aluminum blinds
The second picture is the Closed cell cordless blinds we added which Sarandipity is now enjoying... You'll notice the loops screwed under the frame at the bottom are how the blinds were held close to the window when closed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-01-11 11.01.23 (Medium).jpg (180.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0926.jpg (123.8 KB, 33 views)
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #74

Trailer: 21 on Feb 28, 2017 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
gbaglo just posted photos of his lack of valances here: Photo no valance? Photo black fabric valance?
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:33 PM   #75

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
My white belly band is just a white vinyl tape like insert in the track that goes around the trailer and covers the seam. (I've seen black, white and tan.) It is easily changed. However, not having seen the latest..the arrangement may be very different from 2009.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #76

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
It is certainly good to know with certainty which of the heat sources is active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, the propane is 12v operated.
It might be more clear to say that the propane-fired operation of the heater is controlled by 12V DC power. The (optional) 120V AC heating element might also be controlled by 12V DC, but I didn't check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Then once it gets hot you can turn on the electric to keep it warm. A lot quicker than using the electric to heat the water.
With a genuine OEM electric heating element (not one of those add-on "Hot Rod" things) you should be able to leave both propane and electric heat on at the same time, for even faster heating; that means leaving the electric element on all the time, except when the water is drained, is quite practical... maybe that's why Suburban thinks the poorly accessible and not visible switch is okay.

Electric-only works fine, but when hot water is used electric-only doesn't recover to the set temperature as quickly, because the electric heating element is not as powerful as the propane burner (that would take too much power for RVs that typically use these water heaters).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #77

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Rookie question, but just to be sure - if you choose to delete a standard feature, do you get a credit or rebate of some kind? Makes sense you would. And if so, is there somewhere on the Escape website where those credit/rebate values are listed? For example, what if you choose not to get the range hood in the 21? We've not seen an actual build sheet yet, so we're just going off the list of add options and their prices listed on the website, and we don't see a "delete" option list with values. Just curious....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:29 AM   #78
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
No credit, just a "delete" and instead there is a light installed. My current 2017 build sheet reflects this policy.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #79

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Rookie question, but just to be sure - if you choose to delete a standard feature, do you get a credit or rebate of some kind? Makes sense you would. And if so, is there somewhere on the Escape website where those credit/rebate values are listed? For example, what if you choose not to get the range hood in the 21? We've not seen an actual build sheet yet, so we're just going off the list of add options and their prices listed on the website, and we don't see a "delete" option list with values. Just curious....
It depends on what you get removed from the build sheet and not everything can be removed. The credits aren't listed on their site. You pretty much have to comb through this forum for some of that information. And, of course, ETI will tell you if there's a credit (or not) for something that's been deleted, as some of that might have changed from when a customer did that.

There isn't a credit if you don't get the range hood installed; least there wasn't when I looked into that option.

For example, on the build sheet for our trailer, this is what we deleted and if there's a credit, I listed it after the item:

stove cover, n/c (no credit)
shelf over bed, n/c
bathroom sink, n/c
mattress, $150 credit
day shades (we're going with cellular shades we install ourselves), $125
valences, $50 ($10 per window valence)
graphics, $100
Old 05-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #80

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Very helpful. Thanks, all.....

War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote