What's the deal with the INVERTER? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Old 07-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #51
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
KarenB, do you mean that you have the standard cord that you did not pay extra for?

Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #52
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The inverter has an on/off switch. In our 19', there is a push button on the outside of the drivers side dinette bench seat. It takes a few seconds to cycle on. Once on, all the 110 outlets will be live. If you have a microwave, you will see that light up. Otherwise, try plugging a small appliance or night light in. If they don't work, try pushing one of the circuit breakers - either by the sink or the outside outlet. I found you need to use something other than your finger to reset it, such as the back of a pencil.

Kevin & Barbara
Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything - Charles Kuralt
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #53
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
...The reason I ask is that we have had some problems with the removable power cord, tricky to get it in just right. Sooo, while fiddling with it, to make sure it was in correctly and power functioning, I would run in & check refrig light to see if it switched from propane to ac....someone in the campground suggested just getting a night light plugged into receptacle by door so don't have to run in to open frig. ...
One thing to keep in mind is if you have the EMS there is a delay from the time you plug the exterior cord into AC power until the EMS switches AC power to the interior devices. In my 19', I always have to wait a few minutes after plugging in before the air conditioner will work or the fridge will work on AC power.
Dave W - 2013 Escape 19' and 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #54
Trailer: 2015 Escape, 19'
Thanks all who replied.
Just spoke with Reace.
You can only absorb so much during orientation, right??
Totally spaced out the inverter/transfer switch. And forgot about the 3 min delay after plugging in
So all is well....K
KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #55
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I'm not sure what type of problem you're having with the removable power cord but it only goes in one way and then twists to lock into position; the outer ring is then engaged (threaded on) to further secure the cord in place.

Don't know about the other questions.

Edited: And it takes a few seconds for the refer to "search" for the best or default power source so don't rush there (oops...that's the 3CF refer, don't know about the larger ones).
Find the 4.3 frig works the same . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #56
Site Team
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
When I went through orientation, I was told to plug into the power, hookup the water and sit in a lawn chair for a while! Karen is right it can take some time for the surge protector to figure out if the power is clean.... once you see the correct code on the display for the surge protector (E 0), turn on the frig. "A" for automatic (switches to propane if needed).

Does this help at all?
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #57
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Find the 4.3 frig works the same . Pat
And we have the surge protection also . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #58
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
The time delay on the EMS varies depending on how long it takes to send the data from the computer to the display. In some places we have power almost instantaneously. In others, it takes up to two or three minutes before the display reads normal and power is supplied. I remember at one campground on our first trip, with a lot of transient voltage/dirty power, we thought the 30amp hookup stand was defective. Went and actually got the campground manager to check it out! By the time we got back to the trailer the power was working. Couldn't figure it out until I read the manual. A DUH moment.
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #59
Trailer: 17' Escape Floor B
Did the same thing!
"The CRO"
craigolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #60
Trailer: Casita 17' (sold) .... 2017-21' Escape forthcoming !!!
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
One of our favorite options. In the Escape 21 there are 5 AC outlets standard, however you must be hooked up to shore power to use them. With an inverter(we opted for the largest one ETI offers: 1500W) we can run a Vitamix blender. Some run other small appliances like TV's & DVD players that aren't 12V. It will power the microwave ETI sells- it is a small one, 700W I believe. If you get the inverter you really should get the transfer switch(making ALL, not just one outlet live). Looking recently at ETI's options list that may be the only way they sell it now.
Good to know that you can run a Vitamix... this is important to us.

ETI seems to currently offer a $550 one plug or $850 ALL plugs install on the inverter...

why bother spending the extra $300 to have all plugs change-over?

We would want the 120 v in the kitchen only (I THINK) ... for Vitamix, and maybe for espresso machine, and maybe rarely a very small portable microwave. (not built in)

thanks for any thoughts

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote