What's the "starter kit"? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2015, 11:25 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,568
What's the "starter kit"?

We added the tanks purged and filled option. Much less expensive than the starter kit, and a better option for us since we already had TP, gloves, chocks, etc.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Everett, Washington
Trailer: 17' Escape Floor B
Posts: 55
OK, I am kind of new, what is a rhino hose and what makes it better?
By the way, headed to Hell's Canyon in a week. Any thing I should put on my list to do or see? Thanks
__________________

__________________
"The CRO"
craigolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:13 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Daubsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Posts: 241
TP huh? I've heard of specialty TP for RVs. How many people actually use this? Is it worth it? Thinking I may just use the normal cheap stuff.

Hope I didn't just open a can of ...worms.
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,568
What's the "starter kit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigolsen View Post
OK, I am kind of new, what is a rhino hose and what makes it better?
By the way, headed to Hell's Canyon in a week. Any thing I should put on my list to do or see? Thanks

The RhinoFlex can be shortened or lengthened by pulling it out or compressing it. The hose material is thicker and more durable. It has a removable fitting on the end which you can screw in to the sewer pipe at a campsite so that no sewer gas escapes the pipe (which some campgrounds require). Because it holds the shape you bend it to, it's easier to route to the drain. Overall, just a better product than the stock hose.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,568
What's the "starter kit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
TP huh? I've heard of specialty TP for RVs. How many people actually use this? Is it worth it? Thinking I may just use the normal cheap stuff.

Hope I didn't just open a can of ...worms.

RV tp is just a one ply toilet paper. One ply is better because it breaks down somewhat in the holding tank and is easier to dump. My mom is a full timer and has been for years. She doesn't buy the one labeled "RV Toilet Paper", which is more expensive. She just buys one ply at the store and it works fine.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:48 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
BCnomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: O town, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Posts: 1,326
I use normal tp and just try to have abundance of water in black tank before each dump.
__________________
When you look for advice, make sure it's from someone towing your trailer, in your backyard, with the same expectations
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:39 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: Escape 17B, April 2014
Posts: 78
I found a "test method" online for TP. Put a square in a bit of water in a jar with a lid. Shake, wait a bit, and shake again. See if it breaks up well. Our THREE ply Purex that we use at home turned to snowflakes on the first shake, and you don't need many sheets of that stuff to clean up your business!

I recently had to empty some black tank contents with a bucket and paper was not a recognizable product.
KLRchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #18
P&L
Senior Member
 
P&L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tracy, California
Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The RhinoFlex can be shortened or lengthened by pulling it out or compressing it. The hose material is thicker and more durable. It has a removable fitting on the end which you can screw in to the sewer pipe at a campsite so that no sewer gas escapes the pipe (which some campgrounds require). Because it holds the shape you bend it to, it's easier to route to the drain. Overall, just a better product than the stock hose.
Can we obtain the RinoFlex at ETI when we picked up our trailer? If not, where did you get yours? We want to make sure the pieces fit properly.
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
OneOleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
RV tp is just a one ply toilet paper. One ply is better because it breaks down somewhat in the holding tank and is easier to dump. My mom is a full timer and has been for years. She doesn't buy the one labeled "RV Toilet Paper", which is more expensive. She just buys one ply at the store and it works fine.
Last time I was an RV store they had both 1 and 2 ply TP, both pretty expensive considering what it's used for
__________________
Pat
Life is Good
When "Escaping Reality" Sold 5/2016
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOleMan View Post
Last time I was an RV store they had both 1 and 2 ply TP, both pretty expensive considering what it's used for
Maybe is cheaper to use paper money?
__________________

__________________
2013-19' & 2013-15B {avg is two 17's}, towed by 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.