Why are you a regular on the forum? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #51
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,429
I think it's a lot about the tone of voice when a person responds. For instance, I really like a bunch of the painted all-molded-towables. In some cases, that was about all that could be done to salvage a very old trailer. However, there is ONE color I absolutely despise when it comes to the color on these trailers. I won't tell you what that color is, but it's often commented by "oh look a Baby Airstream." Gag, gag, gag. So, rather that tell people how I feel, it's better to either say nothing... or be kind like... nice paint job, I'm sure you'll like it. (notice I didn't say I like it!) And if you do, that's okay too. Just not me, shudder.


I too have owned a Scamp and now an Escape. I'm never going to make people feel bad because they purchased a lesser quality trailer in the Scamp. Not everyone wants, or can afford an Escape.


Love the one you're with!
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
thoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Galesville, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" (previously 17B "Blue") 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 2008 Tacoma)
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I too have owned a Scamp and now an Escape. I'm never going to make people feel bad because they purchased a lesser quality trailer in the Scamp. Not everyone wants, or can afford, an Escape.


Love the one you're with!
Donna, for the record, I was never trying to make anybody feel bad who already owned a Scamp. But in my opinion, people thinking about buying one or the other deserve to hear about experiences of those who have owned both.
__________________

__________________
Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)
thoer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #53
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Donna, for the record, I was never trying to make anybody feel bad who already owned a Scamp. But in my opinion, people thinking about buying one or the other deserve to hear about experiences of those who have owned both.
Oh I agree, and I wasn't pointing out you or really anyone else in particular. Besides, no one wants to cross Floyd! Poor Scamp owners. Have you been following Gordon's threads on all the problems he's had with his brand new one? Talk about a lemon.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:59 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
thoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Galesville, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" (previously 17B "Blue") 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 2008 Tacoma)
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Oh I agree, and I wasn't pointing out you or really anyone else in particular. Besides, no one wants to cross Floyd! Poor Scamp owners. Have you been following Gordon's threads on all the problems he's had with his brand new one? Talk about a lemon.
No, it would seem to close to home for me I'm sure. Some friends recently told me that they bought a Scamp - I was very glad to hear it was a used older one!
__________________
Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)
thoer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think it's a lot about the tone of voice when a person responds. For instance, I really like a bunch of the painted all-molded-towables. In some cases, that was about all that could be done to salvage a very old trailer. However, there is ONE color I absolutely despise when it comes to the color on these trailers. I won't tell you what that color is, but it's often commented by "oh look a Baby Airstream." Gag, gag, gag. So, rather that tell people how I feel, it's better to either say nothing... or be kind like... nice paint job, I'm sure you'll like it. (notice I didn't say I like it!) And if you do, that's okay too. Just not me, shudder.


I too have owned a Scamp and now an Escape. I'm never going to make people feel bad because they purchased a lesser quality trailer in the Scamp. Not everyone wants, or can afford an Escape.


Love the one you're with!
Hi: Donna D... Here's a pic of how I got over the "Gag reflex" about the colour of our first FG. trailer. LTOYW!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg former Boler.jpg (45.3 KB, 18 views)
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #56
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,429
I know Alf and that's why I hesitated to mention it. Yours was an aluminum beer can, not a Baby Airstream. Maybe it's that reference that wigs me out. Shoot I drove a gray truck for 12 years and my house is gray, so it's NOT that
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Whidbey Island, Washington
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Posts: 473
I kind of like the silver baby Airstream look though it isn't my first choice of color. Worst thing for me is camo.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 1,922
Nothing prettier than an AS that's been in a hailstorm...
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I know Alf and that's why I hesitated to mention it. Yours was an aluminum beer can, not a Baby Airstream. Maybe it's that reference that wigs me out. Shoot I drove a gray truck for 12 years and my house is gray, so it's NOT that
Hi: Donna D... Wait till you have "Grey hair" too!!!
Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Nothing prettier than an AS that's been in a hailstorm...
Hi: Greg A... AS. Short for Aluminium Skinned.
A thousand rivets towed in close formation. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.