ISO 13ft - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2017, 10:58 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape B
ISO 13ft

Hello we are looking to purchase a 13 ft Escape. Located in the southern interior of BC.
Thanks
Old 08-22-2017, 08:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Bay View Post
Hello we are looking to purchase a 13 ft Escape. Located in the southern interior of BC.
Thanks
OR a 15ft Escape.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I'm not an expert but I would suggest the following
1. Have your finances in order so you're ready to make A quick offer
2. Keep A Close eye on this forum and on Fiberglass
RV
3. If you Are Still working and you have a decent boss explain to Them that you might need some
Short Notice time off.
4 beat on iron when it's red hot , don't mess around second guessing yourself.
Imho
Dave
Old 08-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #4

LOL good advice!
Old 08-23-2017, 08:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
OR a 15ft Escape.
I just bought a 15B last week from a seller. Like others mentioned, you need to be ready to jump on it if you see something you like. I contacted the sellers on Wednesday morning immediately after I saw their add on this forum. By the end of the day Wednesday, I had put a deposit on the trailer. By that time they had had several additional inquiries. It took a day or two to sort out details (import requirements and payment) and by Friday afternoon I was on the road going to pick up my purchase. Drove over 1600 km south to make the pickup on Saturday night. The seller's were very generous in that they also drove about 1000 km north to meet me at the hand-off location (otherwise my trip would have been 2000 km further). After picking up the trailer, I headed back north to the US-CAN border where I had to import the Escape back into Canada, and then onwards to home. By Sunday night, I was back home with my new (to me) 15B parked safely in my driveway.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 08-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #6

Thank you. I am curious about the deposit,was it a large sum? I am always unsure of sending someone money in case it is a scam.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Thank you. I am curious about the deposit,was it a large sum?...
Was $700USD sent via PayPal.

Quote:
...I am always unsure of sending someone money in case it is a scam.
There is always some risk involved to both the seller and the buyer, particularly for longer distance purchases. Talking these risks over with the seller prior to sending large sums of money can help you to come up with an arrangement that is comfortable for both the seller and the buyer. Google can be your friend in digging up all kinds of information about the seller. In my case the seller gave me sufficient details that I was able to independently confirm that they were real people with real jobs/businesses and ties to their community. I was also able to trace the movement of my trailer from Escape to its original owner, and then to the 2nd owners from whom I made the purchase. This together with the openness that the sellers had shown me regarding details I asked about made me much more comfortable about making large payments. At the end of the day, the decision is yours as to whether the seller is trustworthy or not. If you have any significant doubts, you may be best to look elsewhere for another opportunity that you can be comfortable with.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 08-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #8

Thank you for the info. Very helpful.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Some sellers are frequent posters on this or other forums and between your research and the comments of others who know them you can confirm they are real people and often get a good idea of the condition of the trailer if it has attended any rallies. I think amounts of deposits and conditions of acceptability vary. Short of the dishonesty possible as to description of condition. If a seller is obviously a real person, the $700- $1,000' deposit amounts if requested, have been posted at times in the past.
Just my, refundable if I've not been honest with you, $.02.
Dave
Old 08-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #10

Quote:
OR a 15ft Escape.
OR a 17ft A
Old 06-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #11

Trailer: 2011 17B; Prior-2009 Escape-13B
If still looking (it can take awhile some times), I am selling my 2009 13B, mint .... as you know, very rare, only 9 made! 25-13's but only 9 had the toilet. Let me know if still looking, haven't posted yet. $16,500.
I'm in Washington state.