Down side to lower exchange rate - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2016, 09:26 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Down side to lower exchange rate

Although the US $dollar has continued to grow in relation to the Canadian dollar and the exchange rate makes Escape trailers a great buy, there is a down side to this disparity. For those who show their trailer to a potential purchaser and Escape sends a check when the trailer is eventually purchased, the $200 Canadian bird dog fee is now reduced to $140 US.....the good news is gas is now below $2/gallon.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Jim another downside will be the price, mentioned before, that Escape is going to have to charge when so many of the parts they use are in USD. Bound to go up. For us Canucks wanting a new Escape that won't be pleasant. Guess we'll be waiting many years before (if) we get a new one.

On our current trip we really have to budget carefully as everything we buy is nearly and soon will be 1.5 times the price in our dollarettes

Adrian

emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #3
Site Team

Yes, I feel sorry for you guys north of the border.....
Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
It's all so Loonie.
I'm just trying to figure out how you run a business giving up 43% of your retail price. There aren't those kind of margins in products these days. If CA allows it, I guess I'd keep everything sent in at Wells F in US $.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Although the US $dollar has continued to grow in relation to the Canadian dollar and the exchange rate makes Escape trailers a great buy, there is a down side to this disparity. For those who show their trailer to a potential purchaser and Escape sends a check when the trailer is eventually purchased, the $200 Canadian bird dog fee is now reduced to $140 US.....the good news is gas is now below $2/gallon.
I am always pleasantly surprised when we get one of these checks in the mail. I figure it is like a bonus, because the fact of the matter is that I enjoy showing off our trailer and bragging up Escape. I am sure part of this is that "Every sow thinks her pig is the whitest" (as my mother used to say), so I just know that my Escape is the best trailer ever. But another part is thinking back to when we showed up at Eric and Mary's house to look at Blue, and how gracious they were, especially given that we knew absolutely nothing about trailers. It seems only fair to pay it forward and to be as helpful as we can be to folks who are interested in our trailers.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:33 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
It's all so Loonie.
I'm just trying to figure out how you run a business giving up 43% of your retail price. There aren't those kind of margins in products these days. If CA allows it, I guess I'd keep everything sent in at Wells F in US $.
Hi: Greg A... Brass buck$ are still better than no buck$ at all. The love for an Escape is priceless!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie SW. Fla. for now
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
Site Team

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy showing BlackJack, when I ordered my 21' a couple of years ago I was only one of less than 1/2 dozen Escape owners this side of the Mississippi. Thus I did a booming business demonstrating my 19' Escape, one day I even had 2 visits. I think I sold 6 or 7 Escapes.
Long story short, I had Escape apply 5 of my total referral fees for a discount on BlackJack's build sheet.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:38 AM   #8

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Is this really the down side as you see it?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
A $200 referral fee still gets me $200.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #10

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy showing BlackJack, when I ordered my 21' a couple of years ago I was only one of less than 1/2 dozen Escape owners this side of the Mississippi. Thus I did a booming business demonstrating my 19' Escape, one day I even had 2 visits. I think I sold 6 or 7 Escapes.
Long story short, I had Escape apply 5 of my total referral fees for a discount on BlackJack's build sheet.
Huh, I hadn't really thought of it that way in terms of being one of few that own an Escape trailer. Yeah, that'd be a nice little side business and income.

How many referral fees will you be using on your 5.0TA?