Escape 19 bedcovers - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2022, 04:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Escape 19 bedcovers

Hi all;

Has anyone come up with a method or a way (or a product) to "easily" make up the bed on an Escape 19?

Thanks!

Chuck
citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I'll be watching this conversation! We just use sleeping bags, but it would be nice to have sheets one in a while, especially in hot weather.
Karen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 E19
Funny, my wife and I were talking about this yesterday. Wondering if the standard mattress is flexible enough to bend up in the corners so that sheets can be tucked in and under?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 06:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
We use sheets with sleeping bags as blankets. You can pull up the mattress corners for a fitted sheet, but it’s certainly a hassle.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:12 PM   #5

We have a fitted flannel sheet on the mattress to protect it and to give us something washable if needed. Our sleeping arrangement is one of the queen sized double sleeping bags with a sheet liner. This can be easily laid out to "make" the bed and the sheet is easily washable. The bags can be washed also as needed.

The sheet shrank some in length so we added more foot room in the middle, and an extension on both ends to help protect the bags from body oils and such. These help to keep them clean.

We've used this arrangement for many years and have enjoyed its ease of use and cleaning. Mattress wrestling get old very quickly. We also moved to a foam mattress after our original mattress died.

Pleasent dreams,
Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
In our 21C, we use a Full XL mattress cover and fitted sheet, fits quite nicely in spite of the 1 beveled and one rounded corner. On top, we use a queen size quilt with a queen duvet cover acting as the top sheet. The FullXL mattress is the length of a queen, but 6 or 8" narrower, we don't mind the extra quilt, it helps prevent middle of the night blanket wars
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug & Betty View Post
We have a fitted flannel sheet on the mattress to protect it and to give us something washable if needed. Our sleeping arrangement is one of the queen sized double sleeping bags with a sheet liner. This can be easily laid out to "make" the bed and the sheet is easily washable. The bags can be washed also as needed.
Exactly what we do. My wife sewed some little ties in each of the foot corners to keep the sheet liner in place. We have 3 liners for the long trips when it might be hard to find laundry.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 10:50 PM   #8
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by citabria90 View Post
Hi all;

Has anyone come up with a method or a way (or a product) to "easily" make up the bed on an Escape 19?

Thanks!

Chuck
I've not tried Beddy's ( https://beddys.com ) but this product 'looks' like it would be easy to use in your E19 and they look really nice....but they are a bit on the spendy side.

We sleep in sleeping bag liners with a combination of sleeping bags/blankets/quilt depending on the weather. To make sure there's plenty of ventilation along the walls I don't tuck anything between the walls and bed when I make the bed, except for the bottom fitted sheet, of course. Everything else gets folded into the top quilt, like a burrito along the wall. The only tucked side is the side you can see in the trailer. Easy enough for us. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 10:55 PM   #9

Our queen bag with the sheet liner has velcro along the sides to hold the sheet in place. I'm not sure what companies are still in business but pre-Covid there were four companies that I was aware of making bags with sheet liners. Several used hook and loop to hold the sheet in place, either continuous strips or tabs, and one used snaps. I haven't looked to see what's available now as we're not ready to replace ours yet.

Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:02 AM   #10

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
I've not tried Beddy's ( https://beddys.com ) but this product 'looks' like it would be easy to use in your E19 and they look really nice....but they are a bit on the spendy side.

We sleep in sleeping bag liners with a combination of sleeping bags/blankets/quilt depending on the weather. To make sure there's plenty of ventilation along the walls I don't tuck anything between the walls and bed when I make the bed, except for the bottom fitted sheet, of course. Everything else gets folded into the top quilt, like a burrito along the wall. The only tucked side is the side you can see in the trailer. Easy enough for us. -Bea
We used Beddys in the 17A and also now in the 21C. It's still a hassle to change the bedding for wash day, but for daily making the bed it's great, a real problem solver. Looks tidy in the daytime too. If anyone is in the market for a Beddys, please know that there are always good coupon codes, if you just do a Google search, you can usually get 20-25% off.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:23 AM   #11
Site Team

i really like using a duvet cover over a large quilt... a duvet cover is basically two flat sheets sewn together around 3 edges, with buttons on the 4th bottom side. you stuff the quilt inside, then making the bed consists of shaking out the whole thing and letting it lie flat, tidy the corners. you don't tuck it in, so when I shimmy off the foot of the bed to make a midnight run, it doesn't disrupt the whole thing, just flip the divet+quilt back over and done.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:01 PM   #12

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Lots of good ones . . .

Chuck
Old 06-11-2022, 12:00 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
If you are trying to avoid making your bed between washing’s (specifically the fitted sheet) this company makes a fitted sheet that’s 2 pieces: one that goes around the mattress edges, and a top that zips onto the lower piece: https://quickzip.com/

Expensive, but you can avoid needing to tuck the fitted mattress down when you make the bed.
rainyescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:38 AM   #14
Site Team

I dunno, on my 21, tucking in a full XL fitted sheet is pretty easy. I tuck in the two farthest corners first, then stretch it down to the closer corners and it pops right on. lift each side of the mattress a little to make sure the sides are all the way down and under, and boom, and it stays in place for many nights. the hardest part is figuring out the short vs long side of the Full XL and thats not that hard because they are fairly different. I know this thread is about the 19, which has a transverse rear bed, and I have a 21 with a longitudinal bed in front.

and yes, that top cover is a cotton/poly quilt in a high denier cotton duvet cover, both queen sized, so they are like 6" wider than they need to be, which is just fine by us, stops the blanket wars where someone rolls over and steals all the covers from the other. while a walkaround full queen would be sweet, heck, our master bedroom at home has a California king, this is just fine for the two of us, I am the one who typically has to get up 2-3 times per night to hit the loo, and am on the 'street side' (left side of the photo), so I just flip the duvet+quilt off me, and scootch off the foot of the bed without waking my darling. she's much shorter than I am so the clipped corner on the 21 mattress foot doesn't bother her at all.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #15

We’ve used the RVSuperbag for going on 5 years and are very satisfied. Still in business. Some on Amazon.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:33 PM   #16
Site Team

cotton Duvet cover, $79
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...t-cover/231906

queen quilt as heavy as you like, whats in your closet? we have several spares.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:58 PM   #17

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
https://www.rvsuperbag.com/

They bought Tra-va-sac several years ago but still make custom sheets for our 10 year old Tra-va-sac. Very convenient. The one we have has a winter side and a summer side. The sheets are all one piece easily removed for washing.
HarleyD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 04:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
We’ve used the RVSuperbag for going on 5 years and are very satisfied. Still in business. Some on Amazon.
I've looked at RVSuperbag's website, and think we'll give it a try. Thanks all!
here is a link: https://www.rvsuperbag.com/Superbags...UaAr6mEALw_wcB
Chuck
Old 06-19-2022, 07:31 PM   #19
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
We use our sleeping bags inside a duvet cover and we sleep on fitted queen sheets. On hot days we just hang our feet out from under the cover so we don't tuck.
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:36 AM   #20

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Seriously, about 2 years ago someone made a Youtube on how to make the bed in a 19. I can't find it.

We use a fitted sheet, flat sheet and a comforter.