Looking for advice on three burner stove with oven - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #1

Trailer: looking to purchase 21 foot
Looking for advice on three burner stove with oven

We have just ordered a 21foot escape, we think we'd like an oven but this only comes with the three burner stove. Does anyone out there have pictures of their three burner stove and oven. Also would like input on whether an oven is used often, my wife thinks it's an option that she would use. How much cupboard space is lost with the oven? Thanks Steve.

Barylski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
We have the stove in our 19'. Don't use it a whole lot, but we are happy we have it (especially after eating fresh hot cinnamon buns in the morning). Before we purchased, we thought that loss in storage space was going to be an issue, but the 19' has so much storage space elsewhere, it has never been a problem for us. We did get two drawers installed below the wardrobe to compensate for some of the lost space due to the stove. The 21' has even more cupboard space than the 19', so you should not have to worry at all about having too little.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (May 2015)
Send a message via Skype™ to HappyCampers
We have had the stove with oven in past campers, while we didn't use it a lot, it is wonderful to have fresh scones for breakfast on a cool morning. The heat from having the oven on also takes the chill out of the camper, same with making a pizza on a cold rainy evening when we can't cook outside. I don't look at it as totally wasted space because when it is not in use, our pizza pan, fry pan and lid, a small cake pan, and an old toaster pan are stored in it. We ordered it again but I can't offer pictures, "Our Roam Home" (5TA) is still in production due to be finished next Tuesday!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
We have a 21 and I wanted the oven. Same as above, nice for fresh breads and pizza. I am a Southern girl and it makes great corn bread. I don't miss the storage space, there is so much storage in the 21ft. I guess you lose one deep cabinet. You won't miss what you don't have. As far as having 3 burners, don't think I would ever have all 3 going at one time. I also put a wooden cutting board on the 3 burners and it comes in handy. I got it at Camping World and it fits the stove perfectly. Took off the black cover.

Robbie
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barylski View Post
We have just ordered a 21foot escape, we think we'd like an oven but this only comes with the three burner stove. Does anyone out there have pictures of their three burner stove and oven. Also would like input on whether an oven is used often, my wife thinks it's an option that she would use. How much cupboard space is lost with the oven? Thanks Steve.
Hi Steve,
Norma loves to cook inside our 21, but instead of a full time oven we carry a Breville 1800 watt toaster over in the bottom/back of the pantry cabinet (next to the fridge). It comes out and sits on the counter or a table under the awning when she wants to use it...no lighting and the cabinet under the 3 burner is available for all the cooking implements we use every day.
paulw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
We love the oven. Donna D talked me into it knowing that I love to bake while camping and have tried baking in just about every type of camping oven you can think of! (Thanks Donna!). We had debated because of storage and also considered a toaster oven as some others have done. How are you going to camp? Do you want to be able to bake if you are off grid with no power? I did, so we ordered the oven. There is plenty of cupboard space for us and we LOVE the counter space! We eliminated the cover and use the wooden cutting board cover (it has grips on the bottom that keep it stable when traveling.)
It's all good! You'll love the 21.
Kathie
Here's a pic so you get an idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oven21.JPG (97.7 KB, 66 views)
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
On the no oven side

Didn't use it on the last trailer so we didn't get it on this one. DW said to get the 3 burner as opposed to the 2, so we did. You can see the cabinet arraignment ETI used on our 5.0 TA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0058 (960 x 576).jpg (110.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0059 (960 x 576).jpg (114.3 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I plan to get a good quality convection/toaster oven. My thinking is that it might possibly be a better quality over (not sure what make the built in one is and not sure if its convection which I definitely prefer), can be used outdoors on a hot day, and can be left at home if on a trip where we won't need it or need the storage space instead. I can even use it at home if I need an extra oven! One drawback with this plan might be that I think these portable ovens (looking at a Kitchen Aid) might be smaller than the built in oven. But there are always tradeoffs!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:55 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I didn't get the oven. Shoot I don't even cook very much. I just camp close to Dave&Kathie
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Jill, toaster ovens can be whatever size you want. Finding the perfect size might be a challenge, especially new. But they are out there.

I don't know, but I doubt the ETI ovens are convection. People put in oven stones/tiles to help with consistent heating.