Boondocker Retrofit for WFCO converter - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #101

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Installing the 4600 Remote

For those who installed the Wildcat. How long is the cable from the converter to the 4600 Remote? And where did you install the 4600 Remote?

Old 02-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #102

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
just skimmed and skipped through this thread, and let me throw MY two bits in.

the Parallax crummy converter in my 2008 Casita died, so I replaced with a PD4645, a more or less bolt in job. The PD4645 can be set for different battery types, and only does the 4th stage 'equalization' thing on wet cells.

seems to work well enough, BUT... my Casita has all LED lamps inside (my own upgrade), and if I turn on 1 LED light when the Casita is plugged in and the battery is fully charged, the converter makes this kind of buzzy whistle, fairly high frequency. Turn on a 2nd light, the pitch changes. turn on a 3rd and it stops. it also buzzes when the battery is 80% or 90% charged.

I contacted PD about this, apparently its a known problem, and they are working on a fix. The said when they have an engineering fix in production they'll swap problematic converters.

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #103

Trailer: Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
For those who installed the Wildcat. How long is the cable from the converter to the 4600 Remote? And where did you install the 4600 Remote?
I can't remember exactly. At least 4'. I talked to Best converter and they gave me the length. I mounted it right on front of the panel and the door closed right over it. I have not had any issues. The propane alarm does tend to go off when it is in boost mode.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #104

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Installed Best Converter Upgrade for the WFCO 8955 today. For now I installed the remote pendant inside the power center door. One less visible blinking light at night.

Can always move/mount differently if needed. Since instructions state you can manually change the different charge modes, but not recommended. I mounted it here for now.

PD4655MBA WildKat 55 Amp Main Board Assembly for WFCO 8955 or Parallax 7155 (Includes 4600 Remote)

First picture is before with original WFCO converter, 2nd picture with the PD4655 WildKat converter installed and 3rd picture showing where I mounted the remote pendant.

Hardest part of this upgrade was deciding where to locate the remote pendant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_Before Upgrade_DSC_2060.jpg (102.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 2_After_DSC_2061.jpg (104.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 3_Pendant_DSC_2063.jpg (316.8 KB, 28 views)

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote