Dump Valve mod - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2019, 07:07 PM   #121

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Looks good! The 19' is a tough one to do. Still wish we had a 2" spin weld fitting on the grey but the way you did yours is about as close to perfect as it gets.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:24 PM   #122

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Very nice Dave ! Can't wait to do ours too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:52 PM   #123

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Very nice Dave ! Can't wait to do ours too ! Pat
Thanks Pat. Make sure you are quick with the ABS cement. Man that stuff sets up fast!
Old 03-26-2019, 10:20 PM   #124

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
You're right about that. My biggest fear is that when I'm putting together a multi-joint assembly is that I'll end up caught short. I find that being very generous, to the point of looking sloppy, gives a bit more breathing room for a quick final tweak.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:03 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Thanks Pat. Make sure you are quick with the ABS cement. Man that stuff sets up fast!
You are very Welcome Dave. First got to clean the tanks since Quartzsite. Then remove the spray foam .Get fittings and plan . I may use rubber plumbing fitting I used to already replace broken grey valve . Hopefully can start tomorrow , if it doesn't rain . Pictures soon . Pat
Old 03-26-2019, 11:03 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
You're right about that. My biggest fear is that when I'm putting together a multi-joint assembly is that I'll end up caught short. I find that being very generous, to the point of looking sloppy, gives a bit more breathing room for a quick final tweak.

Ron
Keep me in your thoughts Ron ! Pat
Old 03-27-2019, 04:02 PM   #127

Quote:
Just a little start today , cleaned the black and grey tanks . Next in line ,clean the foam around the black tank valve . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0508.jpg  
Old 03-27-2019, 04:21 PM   #128

Yeck, seeing that grey water valve way back there requiring a back twisting sideways pull makes me remember how much I hated it.

Good luck.

Ron
Old 03-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Yeck, seeing that grey water valve way back there requiring a back twisting sideways pull makes me remember how much I hated it.

Good luck.

Ron
Thanks Ron . I know with the shoulder I can't even do it anymore unless I lay under the trailer . Pat
Old 03-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #130

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I'm watching this, my knees say yes but, I don't know man, I don't know.
Attached Thumbnails
tankvalve4.jpg  
Old 03-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #131

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Looking at those valves setups, I'm sure glad they changed that on our 2015 build.
This is definitely a good mod for the trailers with that valve setup.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:28 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I'm watching this, my knees say yes but, I don't know man, I don't know.
There's always Q'site next year.

Ron
Old 03-30-2019, 04:38 PM   #133

Quote:
Just a little start today , cleaned the black and grey tanks . Next in line ,clean the foam around the black tank valve . Pat
Dave, Ron , Tom and anyone else interested .Ok back to the ground under trailer . Just finished removing the foam on black tubing . Had already cleaned up for previous grey tank valve fix. So why can't I measure and glue pretty much everything together , glue onto 3 in after I cut and attach back to rubber grey tank adapter I had installed previously ? Gives me a little more wiggle room because can undo clamps on rubber , slide back on grey pipe , slide back down , screw clamps , done . Escape already attached plumbing strap right there where I cut foam to left . I can attach another one down by the grey piping . Cutting out the foam was not bad at all . Going to look for something to cover the now exposed piping , to help from road damage . Ok suggestions ? Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0510.jpg   IMG_0511.jpg   IMG_0512.jpg   IMG_0513.jpg  
Old 03-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #134

Quote:
Dave, Ron , Tom and anyone else interested .Ok back to the ground under trailer . Just finished removing the foam on black tubing . Had already cleaned up for previous grey tank valve fix. So why can't I measure and glue pretty much everything together , glue onto 3 in after I cut and attach back to rubber grey tank adapter I had installed previously ? Gives me a little more wiggle room because can undo clamps on rubber , slide back on grey pipe , slide back down , screw clamps , done . Escape already attached plumbing strap right there where I cut foam to left . I can attach another one down by the grey piping . Cutting out the foam was not bad at all . Going to look for something to cover the now exposed piping , to help from road damage . Ok suggestions ? Pat
Forgot also will clean up the piping before any attachments too. Pat
Old 03-30-2019, 07:24 PM   #135

Quote:
Ok Pat here’s the deal. You are going to want to get as far forward as possible with the 3” black connection. Leave just enough 3” pipe to fit into the collar of the T80. I would glue this in place. This will make it easier to connect the gray. If you look close at Ron’s pictures and mine you will see we had to sweep back smoothly to the gray tank fitting. This is because the T80 and T84 valve assemblies are inherently much wider than the original T68. You will likely find that the current position of your flex coupling is to far outward which won’t leave you enough lateral distance to connect your piping. If you can connect it would be with double 90’s that I don’t recommend. Do yourself a favor and cut the foam all the way forward to just before the black 3” 90 elbow and all the way back close to the gray tank. Since you are using 1-1/2” pipe on the gray just connect with a regular 45 (#1 below) right near the tank fitting, small piece of pipe (#2), flex coupling (#3) (can reuse the one you have), small piece of pipe (#2), street 45 (#4), 90 elbow (#5) and then a small piece of 1-1/2” pipe (#2) into the T80 collar. For the 90 use a long radius if you can like Ron did (#5a below). You are working in three dimensions so it is very tough to measure and glue the whole assembly without goofing it up. I would put the assembly on the 3” line and the 45 near the gray tank and you can dry fit and see what needs to be done to finish it up in between. Good luck.

#1 https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-...D112/100342515

#2 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Charlotte-P...V-Pipe/3133445

#3 https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in...-150/100058870

#4 https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in...D112/100343616

#5 https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-...D112/100346663

#5a https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in...D112/100346195
Old 03-30-2019, 09:22 PM   #136

Quote:
Ok Pat here’s the deal. You are going to want to get as far forward as possible with the 3” black connection. Leave just enough 3” pipe to fit into the collar of the T80. I would glue this in place. This will make it easier to connect the gray. If you look close at Ron’s pictures and mine you will see we had to sweep back smoothly to the gray tank fitting. This is because the T80 and T84 valve assemblies are inherently much wider than the original T68. You will likely find that the current position of your flex coupling is to far outward which won’t leave you enough lateral distance to connect your piping. If you can connect it would be with double 90’s that I don’t recommend. Do yourself a favor and cut the foam all the way forward to just before the black 3” 90 elbow and all the way back close to the gray tank. Since you are using 1-1/2” pipe on the gray just connect with a regular 45 (#1 below) right near the tank fitting, small piece of pipe (#2), flex coupling (#3) (can reuse the one you have), small piece of pipe (#2), street 45 (#4), 90 elbow (#5) and then a small piece of 1-1/2” pipe (#2) into the T80 collar. For the 90 use a long radius if you can like Ron did (#5a below). You are working in three dimensions so it is very tough to measure and glue the whole assembly without goofing it up. I would put the assembly on the 3” line and the 45 near the gray tank and you can dry fit and see what needs to be done to finish it up in between. Good luck.

#1 https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-...D112/100342515

#2 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Charlotte-P...V-Pipe/3133445

#3 https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in...-150/100058870

#4 https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in...D112/100343616

#5 https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-...D112/100346663

#5a https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in...D112/100346195
Thankyou Dave for giving me a plan . Ok I can get another picture tomorrow. I did cut the foam back more . The foam is now cut to the elbow and Escapes plumbing strap I see I can't use my rubber connector , darn just won't work . I have a bunch of fittings , will check with your list . Looks like where I want to cut the 3 in with leaving about 1 in to connect there ,just like Ron's picture . So after I cut the 3 in that is where I want to start to glue ? Can I add to the whole valve body some more glued or do one at a time to get to grey . Got to wrap my head around this . Will post some pictures in morning . Pat
Old 03-30-2019, 09:31 PM   #137

Quote:
Thankyou Dave for giving me a plan . Ok I can get another picture tomorrow. I did cut the foam back more . The foam is now cut to the elbow and Escapes plumbing strap I see I can't use my rubber connector , darn just won't work . I have a bunch of fittings , will check with your list . Looks like where I want to cut the 3 in with leaving about 1 in to connect there ,just like Ron's picture . So after I cut the 3 in that is where I want to start to glue ? Can I add to the whole valve body some more glued or do one at a time to get to grey . Got to wrap my head around this . Will post some pictures in morning . Pat
Dave just reread your post And looks like I can do the rubber fitting yay . I have everything else looking at your list too . So I need to get closer to the grey tank drain? Cut more foam ? Alright in the morning . Pat
Old 03-30-2019, 10:50 PM   #138

Quote:
Dave just reread your post And looks like I can do the rubber fitting yay . I have everything else looking at your list too . So I need to get closer to the grey tank drain? Cut more foam ? Alright in the morning . Pat
Pat: I would lay it out exactly as Ron did using the long radius 90 if you can. The only difference is I would put the flex connector in the long section of pipe to allow you some forgiveness in assembly and future removal. The flex connector and the black valve can be unbolted and the whole assembly would come out. With the flex your last move can be gluing the 90 onto the short pipe stub you glue inside the collar of the T80 and while simultaneously inserting the pipe stub on the other end into the flex connector that is already tightened on the tank side end. So you can dry fit and build the 90 with 45 street elbow with small 1-1/2” pipe stub and insert that as your last piece.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2019, 07:40 AM   #139

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Pat: I would lay it out exactly as Ron did using the long radius 90 if you can. The only difference is I would put the flex connector in the long section of pipe to allow you some forgiveness in assembly and future removal. The flex connector and the black valve can be unbolted and the whole assembly would come out. With the flex your last move can be gluing the 90 onto the short pipe stub you glue inside the collar of the T80 and while simultaneously inserting the pipe stub on the other end into the flex connector that is already tightened on the tank side end. So you can dry fit and build the 90 with 45 street elbow with small 1-1/2” pipe stub and insert that as your last piece.
I think he's using a T84. Same procedure except with the 3" to 1 1/2" offset adapter glued to the T84, "your last move can be gluing the 90 onto the short pipe stub you glue inside the collar of the offset adapter"
Old 03-31-2019, 08:05 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I think he's using a T84. Same procedure except with the 3" to 1 1/2" offset adapter glued to the T84, "your last move can be gluing the 90 onto the short pipe stub you glue inside the collar of the offset adapter"
Tom: Pat is using a T80. I know because I shipped it to them when I switched to the T84 instead of back to Amazon.