Lagun table bracket mod - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #121

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
Hi Terry, I would like to see pictures of your new table when you are done. We were thinking about doing the same thing. We have a 2017 5.0 also.

Thanks, Rick in Woodland, CA
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #122
kym

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Do you have a photo of your modification with the drawer slides? We a picking up our 5TA in October and I would like to see front to back motion in addition to side sliding motion without too much modification.
Thanks, Ken.
kym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:13 AM   #123

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
I am still working on the table, sorry no pictures yet. I hope to attach the current slides that come with the Escape to under my new table top.
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #124

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Lagun mount and custom table

To any who might be interested, I also installed my Lagun table mount using the Simpson Strong-Tie Heavy Duty Shelf Brackets behind the bench seat. It's very solid and and I'm glad that the idea was suggested in a previous post. I decided to make may own table top based on the ones I saw on the Lagun website. I bought an old oak dining table on Craig's List and cut it down to the appropriate size. I purchased two pairs of Soss Invisible hinges to complete this folding table.
Attached Thumbnails
Table-1.jpg   Table-2.jpg   Table-3.jpg  
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #125

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Looks good, does it go low enough to make the dinette bed?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #126

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
That looks great, John. I had hoped to build a table like that, but it would not fit on the Dicor slide. How solid is it when loaded up and set up as a full sized table? I read a couple things, but would love to hear from someone here about it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #127

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Very very ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #128

Smile table top

Wow, the table is very nicely done. Where did you pick up the hardware for the folding table and if you could include the dimensions I would appreciate it. How very talented you are!
Old 11-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #129

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2018 F150 3.5 EB
This looks great, John. Do you have pictures of the back of the installation showing the mounted brackets that you could post? I just ordered the Lagun and will be installing it shortly so the additional pictures would be very helpful. Thanks.
mscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #130

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatLongJohn View Post
To any who might be interested, I also installed my Lagun table mount using the Simpson Strong-Tie Heavy Duty Shelf Brackets behind the bench seat. It's very solid and and I'm glad that the idea was suggested in a previous post. I decided to make may own table top based on the ones I saw on the Lagun website. I bought an old oak dining table on Craig's List and cut it down to the appropriate size. I purchased two pairs of Soss Invisible hinges to complete this folding table.
Looks nice, if I get tired of the original table this looks like a doable alternative. Is the table wide enough to use for bed set up?
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #131

Hi Bob, the table I made (using the dimensions of a similar teak table for sale on a Lugun website), is only 32" long by 26" wide when unfolded. This is smaller than the Escape table, so doesn't work for a bed support. Also, the beauty of the Lagun Table Mount is that the table and mount come off easily to be stowed. I'll carry a couple peaces of plywood to form a bottom support for the bed whenever the grandkids come along with us on a trip. If you read all the posts concerning the Lagun Table Mount and check it out online, I think you'll be impressed. It really works great for us!
John
Old 11-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
That looks great, John. I had hoped to build a table like that, but it would not fit on the Dicor slide. How solid is it when loaded up and set up as a full sized table? I read a couple things, but would love to hear from someone here about it.
Hi - my table is heavier than the Escape table, but is still plenty stable using the Lagun Table Mount. Their website indicates any table larger than the 32"X26" style would require a single or double pedestal, depending on how large the table is. There's a lot great information on this website: http://www.marineteak.co.uk/lagun-ad...ing-system-331
Hope this helps.
John
Old 12-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #133

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Here are some pictures of how our Lagun table is mounted. The second picture shows it mounted to the slide on the under side of the table. I drilled extra holes to make the mounting of the leg to the table more secure. I used the same bolts used to mount the original round table leg brackets to the table.

The last picture is looking down at the supporting brackets inside the rear bench. As others did, I put a piece of 3/4 inch plywood behind the bench front. The Lagun table leg is bolted through the bench front and plywood.

The shelf brackets were bought from Home Depot. At first I mounted the shelf brackets to the floor with the screws that had been used to mount the original round table leg brackets to the floor. But the front of the table could be depressed over an inch when putting weight on it.

So I replaced 2 of the 3 screws in the floor with brass threaded inserts designed for wood. If you haven't used threaded inserts, watch a video. I mounted the first 2 before watching a video and put them in manually and upside down. It was very laborious and they ended up being crooked so were very difficult to line up with the holes in the bracket. The others I mounted with a power drill and sawed-off bolt jig as shown in the video. This worked a lot better. Using the threaded inserts made the table a lot stiffer.

One last thought: When installing the shelf brackets I found the bench front was not exactly perpendicular to the floor. Instead of trying straighten it, I added some thin wood wedges between the shelf brackets and the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN7280.jpg   DSCN7281.jpg   DSCN7282.jpg  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #134

Trailer: 2011 Casita SD 17 Sold July 2016: 2015 Escape 21 Aug 2016
Thanks

That's helpful information, Rick. Thanks for posting. I've been following this thread, and plan to do the Lagun installation in the relatively near future.

Has anyone done it with the ETI installed power inverter mounted on the floor behind the end panel? If so, I missed it. The inverter takes up most of the floorspace you and others have used to mount the supporting angle brackets. Installation will require either moving the inverter or using a different approach to bracing the back wall.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Paul
a602pmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #135

Just saw your install nice job. You can very easily move the knob for the support arm to the other side. The brown panel on the right hand side of the bench seems to be in the way of the knob (it was on mine). Take a dremel tool and make the (left sided) round hole sqauare on the support. Your bolt will now fit on the left side of the arm not hitting the brown panel for easy use.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #136

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I just finished switching from a Springfield Table Mount to a Lagun, along with their Sliding Teak Table. There are a couple of photos here, many more at my Trailer Modifications - Escape 21 page.

While I noted it on the Trailer Modifications page, it is worth repeating here - if you combine the Lagun arm with the Nautic Star Slide, the wooden slide supports hit the Lagun arm in some positions. Adding around an 1/8" worth of large washers on the 2 posts would solve the problem. If I can't get something from Marine Teak, I'll make a couple out of Teflon. Other than that, I love the combination. I can finally get into the under seat storage without cursing the table!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0815.jpg   IMG_0824.jpg   IMG_0832.jpg   IMG_0836.jpg  
Old 05-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #137

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I just finished switching from a Springfield Table Mount to a Lagun, along with their Sliding Teak Table. There are a couple of photos here, many more at my Trailer Modifications - Escape 21 page.

While I noted it on the Trailer Modifications page, it is worth repeating here - if you combine the Lagun arm with the Nautic Star Slide, the wooden slide supports hit the Lagun arm in some positions. Adding around an 1/8" worth of large washers on the 2 posts would solve the problem. If I can't get something from Marine Teak, I'll make a couple out of Teflon. Other than that, I love the combination. I can finally get into the under seat storage without cursing the table!
Nice work Jon ! Love the teak top too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #138

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
beautiful i was thinking of something like that !!!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #139

Trailer: 2021- 5.0
Jon,
Very nice install. What model table did you get, the TS3580? The next time you camp in the NC mountains, I want to see your camper.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #140

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Jon,
Very nice install. What model table did you get, the TS3580? The next time you camp in the NC mountains, I want to see your camper.

It is the TS3510, the 39.4" X 22.8" version.