Lagun table bracket mod - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2017, 01:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Lagun table bracket mod

There have been lots of threads about the Lagun table mount. I didn't like any of the table options for our new 5.0 TA and decided to use the Lagun. I installed the Lagun bracket today and have not yet decided on the size of table top. I reinforced the back wall of the u shaped dinette with 3/4 in. plywood, used a 4' length of angle iron across the top of the same wall, and made a brace to reinforce the back wall to the floor behind it. With the Lagun bracket installed on the wall, it seems very solid! I will either make a table top or look at the Lagun table tops. The Lagun folding table might be an option but quite expensive! Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0374a.jpg   IMG_0371a.jpg   IMG_0366a.jpg   IMG_0363a.jpg  
Mark&Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark&Elaine View Post
There have been lots of threads about the Lagun table mount. I didn't like any of the table options for our new 5.0 TA and decided to use the Lagun. I installed the Lagun bracket today and have not yet decided on the size of table top. I reinforced the back wall of the u shaped dinette with 3/4 in. plywood, used a 4' length of angle iron across the top of the same wall, and made a brace to reinforce the back wall to the floor behind it. With the Lagun bracket installed on the wall, it seems very solid! I will either make a table top or look at the Lagun table tops. The Lagun folding table might be an option but quite expensive! Here are a few pics.
Hi Mark - Looks great and very professional! We'll pick up our new 5.0 on July 19th. I also bought a Lagun table mount system and plan on doing a modification to support it. I won't be able to do something as elaborate as yours, but hopefully adequately enough to enforce the back of the dinette bench (we also went with the U-shaped option).
Hope you're enjoying your new trailer. Let me know what you do for the table top. I like the tops for sale on the website where I purchased the Lagun system, but they're pretty pricy. I may attempt to make my own. I like the foldable ones with hinges to save even more space.
Regards,
John
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:

Hopefully our new 5.0 will arrive within a week and it use so happens there is Lagun support in my garage waiting for it. Thanks to your pics I'll get a head start on it.
I'm also not sure about what table I'll use, probably make a proto type out off plywood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #4

Trailer: pondering.....
nice job Mark...this camper likes the lagun as well...seems nice not having something where your feet are...came up with a mounting method for the 19 that should be very strong and hopefully not too difficult to mod.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:

Is there anything under the floor that might punctured by the hold down screws ?

Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
Is there anything under the floor that might punctured by the hold down screws ?

Hi: Chotch... I believe the fresh water tank is under there some where!!! May not be back that far but close. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:55 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
thanks Mark for the pics. I bought one also and am picking the trailer up on June 2nd. May e making bracket in advance to install on the trip but probably will wait. This really helps.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #8

Did you bolt the lagun only through your plywood reinforcement with the metal bracket off to the side or did you bolt through plywood and metal bracket? I don't see the holes through your bracket
Old 05-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nice work, Mark. Does that allow the pedestal/table to be totally removed when you don't want it? Looks like it does, but can't tell for sure.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
Did you bolt the lagun only through your plywood reinforcement with the metal bracket off to the side or did you bolt through plywood and metal bracket? I don't see the holes through your bracket
Yes, the Lagun mount is bolted through my bracket. I did need to get longer through bolts to go through the plywood and metal bracket. There are only 2 bolts in the picture.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #11

There is a dovetail bracket that you slip the table on and off. Can't wait for the install
Old 05-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post

Where my bracket is bolted to the floor, there is only the fiberglass shell. The floor is 1/2" plywood. There is at least 3/4" gap between the plywood and the shell. I used 1" screws and was all good!
Old 05-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2018 F150 3.5 EB
I am considering using the Lagun mount with the u-dinette on my new 21' as well. Thanks for the photos; they are very helpful. Have you considered using the stock table for the u-dinette with the Lagun bracket? If not, why not? Is it too big or too heavy?
mscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscharpf View Post
I am considering using the Lagun mount with the u-dinette on my new 21' as well. Thanks for the photos; they are very helpful. Have you considered using the stock table for the u-dinette with the Lagun bracket? If not, why not? Is it too big or too heavy?
I have the stock table that escape provided, but it seems way too big in my opinion. It was too big to get in and out of the dinette easily. I'm sure I'll end up with a much smaller table. The Lagun mount allows you to pivot the table out of the way, so I want the size of the table to allow for maximum maneuverability and still be large enough for daily use. I'm not worried about weight as my bracket and angle iron reinforcement exceeded my expectations! It's very stout! Lagun makes a very trick folding table which would be perfect except for the $500+ price tag!
Old 05-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I am really interested in seeing a table on this mount. I played with the idea of using this mount, did up a bunch of drawings, but just could not get it to work right. Could be just me. I do want the capacity of the table to be full sized, though if adjustable with folding or removable leafs, that would be good too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Lagun and modified U Dinette

I have always planed to eliminate the standard table as I hate the pedestals and brackets in the floor. I plan to install the lagun mount, but with one modification in the dimensions of u-dinette.

I have asked if ETI could move the back u-dinette base wall forward 4 to 5 inches and they stated they could. To me the back bench on u- dinette is to narrow and do not like the insert solution.

Thank you for sharing your mount pictures!
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I have asked if ETI could move the back u-dinette base wall forward 4 to 5 inches and they stated they could. To me the back bench on u- dinette is to narrow and do not like the insert solution.
Because of limited foot room in the U-shaped dinette, I actually wanted to move the back wall back, but they could not do it, wanting what room they had for working in there as well as fitting all the components.

I would think it would be a very rare day you would actually seat someone along the back anyway. Four can sit on the sides, and if you really wanted you could slide a couple in the back, as while the seat is narrow, you still can fit people. If you moved the bench wall forward, you would have a very cramped foot space if you wanted to seat 6.

While the back seat seems narrow, the side seats are actually excessively wide, and not good for sitting back while using the table. Just fine for relaxing though.

Just another fella's viewpoint.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I have always planed to eliminate the standard table as I hate the pedestals and brackets in the floor. I plan to install the lagun mount, but with one modification in the dimensions of u-dinette.

Thank you for sharing your mount pictures!
Kent, that's a great idea! I wish I had thought of that before my build. By doing that you'll have more room to swing the table fully toward back wall. I also think you'll be able to stretch out and be comfortable without a filler board and additional cushion which I am planning to make.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:20 AM   #19

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I eliminated the table for a small credit and added the 12 inch filler board with a cushion for 100.CAD. I assume I will sit in the corner with my legs up. I am also interested in the West Marine Highback Chair, which John V has previously recommended. It occasionally goes on sale. https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...=c&matchtype=e

I am also interested in the Lagun Pedestal but would look into installing it in one of the front sides of the U shaped dinette bench, preferably the driver front side right next to the refrigerator but I don't know how much space is in that bench area as the water heater is located there somewhere. I'll look into that after I get the 5.0TA in mid July. I have several sizes of those Lifetime folding tables from COSTCO including a 24" X 24" childs table. Removing the metal legs, it is a very light weight white plastic table top. I love the folding teak tables on the Marine Teak site but haven't decided if I want one. I will have a stooge table on the passenger side dinette so a bigger table won't be a priority for a while.
I also have a long wheelbase recumbent bike, Rans Stratus, which I will probably haul around inside the trailer on many trips so I am trying to decide how to secure it in the hallway and dinette so it doesn't bounce around against the cabinets.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #20

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Quote:

Awesome job Mark!

I have a Lagun awaiting a 5.0 TA to put it in.

Did you make that brace out of aluminum with braised joints? It looks like it. That would be a lot lighter that steel and should be plenty strong. I like the angle iron too. Is it steel or aluminum?

My only reservation on your brace is how much space it takes up. Having said that, you'll never need to reinforce it. You definitely did this "h--l for stout!"

Like you, I'll start with the 3/4 inch plywood backing and maybe angle aluminum along the top. But I'll probably go with a couple of shelf brackets like these. I think they"ll be strong enough. If not, I can replace them with something like you made.

As much as I like the Lagun's folding tables, I'll stick with the ETI's standard table for now.

I can see that were going to have a LOT of Laguns in use by this time next year!

Rich

PS I bought an extra table mount plate when I purchased my Lagun. Now I'm trying to figure out a good use for it.

Anyone have ideas on this?
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote