Shower Hose Upgrade - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Are any of you with the metal shower hoses finding the shower gelcoat is getting rubbed or rashed as the hose moves around while under tow? Concerns?
The Command hook keeps the hose from moving around - I haven't seen any signs of damage to the gelcoat from the hose. The SS hose covering is very smooth to the touch - I wouldn't expect it to abrate anything.

The flexibility is a great boon for preventing the faucet / hose connection from breaking. With the stiffer hose, I could see the stub up from the faucet moving with the hose - it seemed to be only a matter of time before it would crack and leak. It made me so nervous, I bought a spare faucet to keep in the trailer just in case. With the new hose, now I have a spare that I will probably never need.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190711_094551.jpg (130.5 KB, 41 views)

Old 07-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #12
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I normally do not use my shower, in fact I take it off and put away. But for some reason this shower still leaks water even when the plunger is down. Someone found a plug for it but I'm not having success in who and where?
We normally take 'Navy showers' every night in our 21 and at first, we too, were puzzled at the leaking shower head after our showers. However, it only happened after we turned off the water and hung up the shower head back onto the wall but it always stopped after a few minutes. Thus, we then realized the slow (but loud!) drip was just the water slowly draining out of the head/hose.

So now when the last person is done, we turn off the water and hold the shower head up high. We push the shower toggle button open (on the shower head) and then open and close the shower valve/plunger up and down on the sink. This helps to drain out the water in the head/hose via the faucet into the sink..... No more slow drip after showers....well maybe just couple, but much better. Funny how we learn to adapt to all these little things.

The chrome hose is intriguing, though....hummmm. The current ETI hose is a little on the stiff side, but workable. Thanks for idea.

Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Perhaps I was not clear, I'm trying to use the sink, without the shower hose attached and I keep getting water coming out of the hose attachment plug. Somewhere someone showed a male piece that screwed onto that shower plug to stop the flow of water.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #14
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Perhaps I was not clear, I'm trying to use the sink, without the shower hose attached and I keep getting water coming out of the hose attachment plug. Somewhere someone showed a male piece that screwed onto that shower plug to stop the flow of water.
Got it. Maybe a cap like this would work??

https://www.amazon.com/Flair-Plastic.../dp/B01ITFSNMY
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I asked the same question about a plug for the sink tap a while back. I was told to use this one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/DURA-1-2...-005/100342899
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Thanks, both of you.....they look like they will work!!
Old 07-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #17

Trailer: Picked up on May 21st. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Are any of you with the metal shower hoses finding the shower gelcoat is getting rubbed or rashed as the hose moves around while under tow? Concerns?
That's a good question. I was just about ready to click "Place your Order" too.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 19 2018
Send a message via AIM to Farmerdoug
I like a long flexible hose. Although we don't take showers in our Escape (yet), I use the long hose to clean the floor and toilet.
Farmerdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #19

Thank you! Ordered one. Wonderful that something so inexpensive can make a big difference. Only 18 left according to Amazon.

EllieB is offline   Reply With Quote