Adding steps - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I like the stock step ETI mounted on Ten Forward. I actually use it quite a bit NOT extended. I was watching a fellow camper go in and out of his trailer (he was preparing to leave) and he just step on it folded up. It's easier to do that, than step ALL the way to the floor level. So, if I'm traveling and need to quickly get into the trailer, I just step on it and in I go. Getting out is a bit trickier. But so far no major issue. Maybe tomorrow when I'm a little bit older....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #22

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
gbaglo: We have the screen room on our 2016 21'. On ours there is a slot for the steps.

Mixed feelings about the screen room. Its time consuming and kind of wonky to put up. I wouldn't bother with it unless we are staying somewhere at least two nites.

That said, we loved it earlier this summer while camping along the Platte River. Flies and 'squitos were thick but we were "safe" inside at night enjoying adult beverages and watching the fireflies go crazy.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
gbaglo: We have the screen room on our 2016 21'. On ours there is a slot for the steps.

Any chance you can shoot a pic next time you deploy it. I'd like to see where to cut.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:48 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I actually use it quite a bit NOT extended. I was watching a fellow camper go in and out of his trailer (he was preparing to leave) and he just step on it folded up. It's easier to do that, than step ALL the way to the floor level. So, if I'm traveling and need to quickly get into the trailer, I just step on it and in I go. Getting out is a bit trickier.
I thought that I was the only one doing that. So, yes, it's a really convenient way of using it in cases like a gas stop where you maybe only want to pop in and out of the trailer.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I like the stock step ETI mounted on Ten Forward. I actually use it quite a bit NOT extended. I was watching a fellow camper go in and out of his trailer (he was preparing to leave) and he just step on it folded up. It's easier to do that, than step ALL the way to the floor level. So, if I'm traveling and need to quickly get into the trailer, I just step on it and in I go. Getting out is a bit trickier. But so far no major issue. Maybe tomorrow when I'm a little bit older....
We have been known to do that too , but find it is harder to open , it kind of jams the sliding pins .
The problem with the Escape steps are too far to inside of trailer or stepping down to ground . I don’t remember but it was supposed to be something like 7 or 8 in . The one on the trailer was 10 in . The biggest problem for me was stepping down to ground and my knee was being jammed .
As for the spa steps originally bought for replacement steps but too big to haul around , they stay at home now . The replacement step measurements are in one of our albums on forum . Got the idea from a forum member when I realized why my knee was being injured every time I was using Escape steps . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
D377D51B-D7B9-4CD5-8D40-9E0D92CE81C4.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #26

Trailer: Scamp 16, TV Rav4 V6
Well i hate to say it, but i am on my third aluminium folding step. About 50 - 75 bucks apiece, some how i always want to re- position trailer when i park at home and forget that the step is still in place. Move forward a few feet and the trailer wheel catches and bends one leg and makes the step unsafe to use. I did not want to spend the extra $$$ on a factory installed step. Dummy Me..
civi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:59 PM   #27

Trailer: 2007 17b escape little gem
Thanks everybody the information is very helpful. We'll check with eti and see what they recommend for our trailer. Again thanks.
ndmslm is offline   Reply With Quote