Bathroom window leak - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
sokol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sequim, WA, Washington
Trailer: 2013 19'
Posts: 129
Bathroom window leak

Has anyone experienced water leaking in the bathroom window. It appears the well that the window inserts into at the bottom of the window has water collect from rain outside and then overflow into the inside. If anyone has had this problem and fixed it, I am interested in how they did it.
__________________

sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
kstock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 673
I've had that problem with the bathroom window. I first thought that it was caused by the window drains being clogged up. After cleaning them out - the problem persisted. I have since learned to make sure that when closing the window, the window closes into the metal groove of that the two pieces of window glass. (That is how it closes when the windows are closest together. If the window misses that groove, it goes "all the way down" and I believe the water comes in between the two pieces of glass.
__________________

__________________
Kevin
Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything - Charles Kuralt
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: N/A, Indiana
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
I've had that problem with the bathroom window. I first thought that it was caused by the window drains being clogged up. After cleaning them out - the problem persisted. I have since learned to make sure that when closing the window, the window closes into the metal groove of that the two pieces of window glass. (That is how it closes when the windows are closest together. If the window misses that groove, it goes "all the way down" and I believe the water comes in between the two pieces of glass.
Assuming that you have the awning window. We had to push on the lower operating window to make it close completely after cranking it closed from the inside . Installing eze rv gutter also helps.
__________________
"Never argue with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlin
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
kstock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 673
Mine is the sliding window, as produced in late 2013. Probably the same as sokol whose Escape is a 2013.
__________________
Kevin
Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything - Charles Kuralt
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: N/A, Indiana
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Mine is the sliding window, as produced in late 2013. Probably the same as sokol whose Escape is a 2013.
Our Escape 19 was produced in mid 2013 and has a awning bathroom window.
__________________
"Never argue with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlin
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Kountrykamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middle, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Posts: 1,442
Ours was produced Aug 2013 and has a slider.
__________________
Tom
Kountrykamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,611
I wish ours had the awning window. That frosted glass slider is of much poorer quality.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
sokol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sequim, WA, Washington
Trailer: 2013 19'
Posts: 129
Thank you all. kstock11, you are correct, mine is the slider and I think getting it into the right groove matters. I haven't figured how to adjust it to make sure that happens but will be looking at it from the perspective you offered.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
sokol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sequim, WA, Washington
Trailer: 2013 19'
Posts: 129
Found the problem

Well once again Reace came through with the answer to my problem. When you open the window and the screen there is a small plastic part at the bottom where the screen and window fit into the channels. You pry that plastic piece out which is there to cover a small hole to allow for drainage. The hole will be on the outside channel, not on the inside where the screen seats into. If that small hole (approx. 1/2 inch long and very narrow) becomes clogged it will not allow the water to drain. I took a probe and cleared that out and my problem should be solved.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #10
Member
 
Lornanaugle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tracy, California
Trailer: 2015 19'
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokol View Post
Well once again Reace came through with the answer to my problem. When you open the window and the screen there is a small plastic part at the bottom where the screen and window fit into the channels. You pry that plastic piece out which is there to cover a small hole to allow for drainage. The hole will be on the outside channel, not on the inside where the screen seats into. If that small hole (approx. 1/2 inch long and very narrow) becomes clogged it will not allow the water to drain. I took a probe and cleared that out and my problem should be solved.
We love this blog. We had two inches of water (twice) in our bathroom and couldn't figure out why! Did the bottle of water spill over? Did we leave the fan open? Thank you so much for helping us out. We feel like we are in a cartoon, "Goofy Goes Camping" and this blog answers so many of our newbie concerns. So on our check list when we wash the trailer: Clean out the bathroom window canal!
__________________

Lornanaugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.