Can you 4 season-fulltime in an Escape? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hey no problem sorry if I took it the wrong way . I notice you have a Casita . Nice trailer too I had considered one myself . The Casita does not have the vinyl we have . The condensation is something you are going to have to deal with . That Max fan will be your friend and opening windows . Pat
Just curious Pat - do you have the extra insulation in the walls, the thermal Windows, and the underbelly foam?

We are going to get all of these.

I am reading tons of threads here and learning as much as I can.

Yes I can imagine how an ETI with smooth walls would be way more prone to condensate than the rat fur in a casita.

Thanks for your help.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #42

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Yes I can imagine how an ETI with smooth walls would be way more prone to condensate than the rat fur in a casita.
And, perhaps the rat fur would be better at accumulating mold spores.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:45 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 21 Dec 2016
Does anyone know what the actual r-value for the walls, ceiling, and floor are with the extra/foam insulation?
Tisiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisiphone View Post
Does anyone know what the actual r-value for the walls, ceiling, and floor are with the extra/foam insulation?
The last time I talked with Reace about it he said that they were still testing a new insulation material. He said that based on their testing that it may provide nearly twice the real world insulation value of the Reflectix they currently use.

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:56 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Just curious Pat - do you have the extra insulation in the walls, the thermal Windows, and the underbelly foam?

We are going to get all of these.

I am reading tons of threads here and learning as much as I can.

Thanks for your help.
Yes We have the extra insulation , dual Windows which are nice because they are tinted and the underbelly foam . I am sure that they all will help . We don't have the heaters underneath trailer . They won't work without 120 . I also bought some more reflex insulation and added where ever I could under dinette , bed , outside compartment which is really under bed . The first night coming from pickup was quite a eye opener . We since have learned the little tricks and we have been able to keep ahead of it . It seems when it is cold and your heater is on, boiling water , showers etc. got to be proactive . We always keep fan running low ,it won't hurt your battery and kitchen window opened . We have a couple of humidifier s that are used in gun safes too. I need to look into some venting though hate cabinets opened . You will be fine as long as you stay on top of it the best you can .oh another idea and it makes your sitting more comfortable , couple pool noodles behind seat cushions helps air circulating behind them . Yeh no rat fur but we have more room . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Casitas do NOT have Rat Fur. They have carpet. Scamps have Rat Fur, which is really marine grade headliner material.

Carry on...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #47

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Without the web, where would I get my misinformation?

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:20 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Casitas do NOT have Rat Fur. They have carpet. Scamps have Rat Fur, which is really marine grade headliner material.

Carry on...
Donna rat fur , carpet just not vinyl . Vinyl is colder . Pat
Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Yes We have the extra insulation , dual Windows which are nice because they are tinted and the underbelly foam . I am sure that they all will help . We don't have the heaters underneath trailer . They won't work without 120 . I also bought some more reflex insulation and added where ever I could under dinette , bed , outside compartment which is really under bed . The first night coming from pickup was quite a eye opener . We since have learned the little tricks and we have been able to keep ahead of it . It seems when it is cold and your heater is on, boiling water , showers etc. got to be proactive . We always keep fan running low ,it won't hurt your battery and kitchen window opened . We have a couple of humidifier s that are used in gun safes too. I need to look into some venting though hate cabinets opened . You will be fine as long as you stay on top of it the best you can .oh another idea and it makes your sitting more comfortable , couple pool noodles behind seat cushions helps air circulating behind them . Yeh no rat fur but we have more room . Pat
Correction carpet not rat fur . Pat
Old 04-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
It's okay group, just the three manufacturers use different interior solutions. Frankly I like the Rat Fur in my Scamp. It's not cold to the touch when it's cold outside, doesn't hold odors, mildew resistant... but much harder to clean a squished mosquito off the wall than the vinyl in Ten Forward

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote