Can you 4 season-fulltime in an Escape? - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 04-28-2016, 05:44 AM   #71
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
anyone have any condensation reduction tips - add ons - for things to add to our build sheet for our 2017 21'?

The only things I can add are limit indoor cooking or ventilate if you have to do so. We have the opening kitchen window which helps, as might the range vent if you have one although I read the fan on it is weak.

Also we try and use campground showers when possible for the same reason. The opening bathroom window in conjunction with the bath vent help minimize the issue, although you might ind the cold breeze a bit unwelcome while your wet in the shower.

Happy Motoring
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #72
Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
Thinking about moisture after having a Casita is something new for us. I noticed a series of photos of a 21 that has 3" round vents in every overhead and lower cabinets. Is that something ETI offers, or do have to supply the vents for installation?

jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #73
Trailer: 2017 21 due 4/15/17 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 17B "Blue")
Jerry, given the enclosed space and humans breathing in there, there was undoubtedly as much moisture in your Casita as there will be in the Escape. The difference might just be that with the carpet on the walls of the Casita, any moisture would be less visible than on the smooth walls of the Escape. It's just one of those inevitable problems of a small enclosed space with us producing moisture. I remember it from tent camping when we tried to close up all the vents to keep warm, on the fabric inside our popup and in the Scamp we used to have.

Keeping it warm inside and providing as much ventilation as possible has worked well for us. The metal around the windows is always our wettest spot. We keep some cheap automotive microfiber cloths just for wiping those off in the mornings when the weather is cold. Keeping the cabinets open helps immensely as does our Dry Mesh under the mattress. When we know we will be in cold weather, we use stuff sacks for our clothes in the upper cabinets. It both keeps the clothes dry and has the added benefit of easier organization.

Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote