Kayaks and bikes with a 5.0? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I carry a canoe sometimes along with the bikes, the canoe is just under 15'.

Bikes on the rack on the back of the trailer, canoe on the roof of the truck on a Thule roof rack with canoe brackets. I've only done local travel with it but want to try it to PA later this year, chickened out taking it to GA for last years solar eclipse. With the canoe I have no issues with length as it sits mid point about a foot from the trailer, and that doesn't change on turns. For a pair of canoes you'd have to do a little measuring to see how much clearance you need for turns.

I looked into the T off the a front receiver, to the point of buying a Yakima T that was on close out at REI. After getting that it ended up being 12' between it and a headache rack so I gave up on the idea, not knowing that Thule made F150 roof rack feet for the racking I already own.

Ended up being too $ to outfit the front T to a rack on the roof as opposed to just getting the new feet for the rack I already had so I went that route. It's a very solid setup contrary to how it looks. It would be even better on a Crew cab then on my Super cab. I see no reason you can't do the same, I take it you already have the Thule cross bars and legs for the Hullavators.

Got the idea from a guy I met in FL that had 2 kayaks on his F150 roof.

On edit. I have an 8' bed, which makes a big difference.
Canoes and the 5.0TA

rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote