leaky head vent! RRRR! - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #51

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - 2016 Ram 1500 Up for Sale Soon 19k mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
8. Laying on the bed you can look up through a gap in the headboard and see daylight. In reviewing build pics you can see the headliner material has a good sized gap right in the driver's side front corner. Sloppy- and what about that extra insulation we paid for.
Hi Ross, can you expand on Number 8. Are you saying there is an opening to the outside above the front bed ? This does not make sense to me, if you could clarify it would set my mind at ease. Also how can you tell you did not get the extra insulation. I ordered it too and I understand it's a continuation of the standard insulation but reaching to the floor - yes / no ?

Thanks

Old 10-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #52

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
It is the translucent light seen through a corner of bare fiberglass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flaw.jpg (31.6 KB, 97 views)

Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:02 PM   #53
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
There are known places where the shell is left uncovered during construction, that said these last 2 posts have been deleted and a reminder (1) to keep comments on the subject of the thread and (2) the community rules. If you have an issue with your trailer, you need to contact the ETI.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #54

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Edit: again, why does anyone think there is a gap in the corner of my 21 in the build photo? Do you think it lets cold air penetrate more?
Do you think it remained that way or was covered later in the build? Did you notice that in some pictures, there are no wheels on the trailers? Did yours come with wheels?

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #55

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Well, I actually didn't pay that much attention to this photo sent over a year ago. What brought this up was Susan's comment that she was awakened in the morning by a light. So evidently they didnt fix this. You wanna see other defects like a dull saw blade cutting laminate inside the upper kitchen cabinet? I did see that one right after delivery but decided to let it go.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:13 PM   #56

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
I'm going to smoke some more ribs.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #57

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm going to smoke some more ribs.
Is that what you kids are calling them these days?!?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #58

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
wow. so up to 57 posts on a missing dab of caulk. wow.

so instead of buying a whole tube of Proflex I used Lexel. While I was at it I did all the screws and the lip of the refer vent. I will get some Proflex and go over the whole trailer when we return to PNW.

Just to add to the thread here are the issues that have come up with our trailer in living aboard for 6 months straight:

1. broke off key in the deadbolt. will replace entire system on return to PNW. PITA but thankfully we were in town and called a locksmith who tried to get it out then eventually drilled it out.
2. tank monitors are a POS. good accuracy is around 10% of the time.
3. rear window street side should have a gutter over it. Leaked all over the bed when we have it open in rain.
4. Huge holes where the plumbing runs through the wall to exterior shower. Patched with gutter repair tape.
5. Typical light around the door. hard to fit, I'm sure.
6. Mold/ discoloration on sealant around sink. nothing cleans it off!
7. missing caulk dab on roof vent (original post)

We have put around 15,000 miles on her and have loved every minute. I am on my first RV so don't have any comparison with other brands BUT we did spend some serious time shopping before and we are VERY happy with our Escape! To think that we actually were looking at R-pods! WOW!

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #59

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Ross, you seem to have more issues than people usually have which is unfortunate.

The most light we get by far in the morning is through the door area. The curtain across takes care of that. Have you shown them the photo and asked about the gap?

You should be able to have an RV shop do the bolting just as a welder is doing the welding and ETI should cover it. Have they not said that you can do that? The only thing we do on our roof is wash it and put 303. No way we would be drilling holes!

I see that three of the items involved other companies and are being addressed. We have not seen the hole on the roof. Have a photo? Did you have anyone in fiberglass work look at it? It is again unfortunate to have such problems and have to try to figure out how to address them.

We have yet to give them our short list since picking up. We have a few things, nothing major. All in all, we certainly like our trailer very much! We have had our problems with them but in general they have been very good.

Quote:
Well, I actually didn't pay that much attention to this photo sent over a year ago. What brought this up was Susan's comment that she was awakened in the morning by a light. So evidently they didnt fix this. You wanna see other defects like a dull saw blade cutting laminate inside the upper kitchen cabinet? I did see that one right after delivery but decided to let it go.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #60

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Steve, your full-timing would affect the monitors as you may have sat sometimes. Also, not enough water and TP will affect the monitors. The monitors work should work most of the time depending on what you are doing.

Just for your info, Escape says their trailers are not for fulltiming and that may be a warranty issue. Hope you or anyone else in your situation has full-timers insurance, otherwise you may have no insurance when you think you do. Some companies use five months.

We have not had your other problems so others will want to answer. You cannot have slider windows open in the rain. Some people have had to clean out window holes and some have added gutters but still doubt you could have windows open in the rain without it getting in.

Glad you like your Escape! Envy you being out there so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpick View Post
wow. so up to 57 posts on a missing dab of caulk. wow.

so instead of buying a whole tube of Proflex I used Lexel. While I was at it I did all the screws and the lip of the refer vent. I will get some Proflex and go over the whole trailer when we return to PNW.

Just to add to the thread here are the issues that have come up with our trailer in living aboard for 6 months straight:

1. broke off key in the deadbolt. will replace entire system on return to PNW. PITA but thankfully we were in town and called a locksmith who tried to get it out then eventually drilled it out.
2. tank monitors are a POS. good accuracy is around 10% of the time.
3. rear window street side should have a gutter over it. Leaked all over the bed when we have it open in rain.
4. Huge holes where the plumbing runs through the wall to exterior shower. Patched with gutter repair tape.
5. Typical light around the door. hard to fit, I'm sure.
6. Mold/ discoloration on sealant around sink. nothing cleans it off!
7. missing caulk dab on roof vent (original post)

We have put around 15,000 miles on her and have loved every minute. I am on my first RV so don't have any comparison with other brands BUT we did spend some serious time shopping before and we are VERY happy with our Escape! To think that we actually were looking at R-pods! WOW!

steve

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote