Outland Firebowl deluxe - quick connect - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2015, 11:05 PM   #51

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
Works fine off the exterior propane connection. No messing with fittings everything is the right size.
I assume that you bought a hose with a 3/8" female flare fitting on the end of it, so it screwed on in place of the original hose and regulator. That's certainly a valid option and good if you want the hose to stay attached to the firebowl. Adding another quick-connect on the firebowl instead allows use of a removable quick-connect extension hose.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #52

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I assume that you bought a hose with a 3/8" female flare fitting on the end of it, so it screwed on in place of the original hose and regulator. That's certainly a valid option and good if you want the hose to stay attached to the firebowl. Adding another quick-connect on the firebowl instead allows use of a removable quick-connect extension hose.
I didn't buy anything. I removed the hose and regulator that was supplied with the firepit. Then I screwed the flare fitting end of the ETI supplied hose from the exterior propane outlet onto the outland firebowl. No fittings were added. And no Teflon tape required for flare fittings.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:35 PM   #53

Quote:
I didn't buy anything. I removed the hose and regulator that was supplied with the firepit. Then I screwed the flare fitting end of the ETI supplied hose from the exterior propane outlet onto the outland firebowl. No fittings were added. And no Teflon tape required for flare fittings.
I couldn't resist trying it directly off the propane tank with the supplied hose and regulator. The flame is much bigger. But it would be an extreme gas hog on full flame. And quite noisy.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #54

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I didn't buy anything. I removed the hose and regulator that was supplied with the firepit. Then I screwed the flare fitting end of the ETI supplied hose from the exterior propane outlet onto the outland firebowl. No fittings were added.
Sorry for the confusion... I forgot that the hose came with the trailer. This is exactly what I was describing, other than paying for the hose.

Quote:
And no Teflon tape required for flare fittings.
Right!
In fact, thread tape is not just not required, it is not allowed.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #55

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Adding another quick-connect on the firebowl instead allows use of a removable quick-connect extension hose.
I personally am a big fan of using a male QD fitting on the appliance. I have two 10-foot hoses and have had times that I wanted/needed to use them in tandem. By using the QD fittings, it doesn't restrict hose use to one appliance. Allows more flexibility in choosing location of grill and fire pit if you can use either one or two hoses. That's what works for me, but maybe not for others.
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #56

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Liz and I followed the method that Hugh uses! And it works - nothing extra to buy. No fussing. We did an at home test on our driveway and nothing blew up!

This is the same method that I use to attach our little barbecue to the quick connect hose supplied to us by ETI.

Thanks Hugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (405.0 KB, 18 views)
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:47 PM   #57

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
A close up picture

Sorry I was holding the IPad the wrong way and ended up with sideways pictures (holding things the wrong way is the way I do mechanical work). I've put the Firebowl away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (412.2 KB, 13 views)
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #58

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Need to keep in mind fuel usage when burning these. If you had it on high, 60k btu, you'd drain a 20 lb propane tank in about 7 hours.

Granted we only burn it ours an hour or so, and then at something more like 50%.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #59

Yes they are fuel hogs. But they will use less fuel through the ETI supplied hose because the supply pressure is less once it gets to the end of that hose and through all the fittings. I tried it both ways off a 20lb tank with the hose that came with the unit and off the ETI external propane hose. The flame on maximum setting through the ETI hose was probably half of the bottle supplied flame at full. Not a bad thing since it is very noisy off the tank on full flame.