Propane Regulator Failure - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2015, 11:07 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
And I'd say Google is your friend. You might be right about the training part, but a simple web search would find a regulator for under $40 - not $144. And, Escape has no way of knowing what a service center will charge for repair/replacement of a particular item. The $144 is not their fault. They didn't just tell him to take it to a service center (a better trained/more knowledgable person might have advised just to replace it instead), but they also said it wasn't covered. When I hear "not covered" I assume all costs are my responsibility, and I therefore shop around.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape
"Imply anything at all that questions ETI business practices and look out! "
Yes, unwarranted criticism, unrealistic suggestions, or the posts are deleted. Not all of the escape owners drink the cool-aid and or wave pompoms.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
What I would say is this: for $144 Escape could have avoided this negative publicity.
I guess it is a matter of perception then, as I did not for a moment consider this as negative publicity. $144 is not a big deal, but it would also set up a precedence that Escape could/should cover all warranty items.

If it was part of the build process that where an issue arose, and not one of a suppliers warranty, like in the case of your screws, the solar panel mounts, etc, I agree they should cover that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Imply anything at all that questions ETI business practices and look out!
It is more when the integrity of Escape, being Tammy and Reace, are questioned, that some of us that have got to know them fairly well come to their defence. I truly believe that they run their business with the best of intents, and customer service is a huge part of that.

It is also just a part of who I am, to put trust in people, and always be positive and hope for the best. If for some reason someone buggers this up and takes advantage of this disposition, karma will take care of them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Not all of the escape owners drink the cool-aid and or wave pompoms.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #45

Trailer: 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21
I hate to point it out, but the $144.00 charge to replace a regulator is not out of line. Most repair shops are charging between $90.00 & $120.00 per hour for labor. Subtract the cost of the regulator & that leaves about the right amount of time to do the change. Labor costs are one of the reasons I try to do everything myself.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #46

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
"Imply anything at all that questions ETI business practices and look out! "
Yes, unwarranted criticism, unrealistic suggestions, or the posts are deleted. Not all of the escape owners drink the cool-aid and or wave pompoms.
I have not deleted any post criticizing ETI. BTW, you might want to re-read your second sentence and re-write it so that it makes sense.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #47

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
I've been following this thread with interest, mostly because a post I made a while back regarding the ETI warranty was taken down by one of the administrators and I was waiting to see if similar comments/observations would suffer the same fate; we'll see.

IMHO, the issue at hand is to what extent is ETI expected to meet their stated warranty: "A full two-year warranty is provided on the completed Escape trailer" (from ETI website).

This statement is, on its face, all inclusive and does not imply that any warranty service responsibilies are to be fulfilled by third-parties for their component parts. This seemingly puts the onus on ETI to meet any and all warranty provisions.

With that said, it is unreasonable to expect ETI to handle every failure of its component parts. This could be easily addressed by amending their warranty to say that ETI warrants the manufacture of the trailer but that individual components are warranted by their manufacturer. This would still represent a very generous warranty and be fair to all parties concerned.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
With that said, it is unreasonable to expect ETI to handle every failure of its component parts. This could be easily addressed by amending their warranty to say that ETI warrants the manufacture of the trailer but that individual components are warranted by their manufacturer. This would still represent a very generous warranty and be fair to all parties concerned.
Is this not stated at all in the purchase contract? If not, I would agree it should be, and not just implied. I include a similar clause in my contracts, where suppliers and subcontractors supply warranty for their products and services.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #49

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
I've been following this thread with interest, mostly because a post I made a while back regarding the ETI warranty was taken down by one of the administrators .
I just used Google search site to look up "Zardoz and warranty". Google found 18 threads in which you posted. They are still there.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #50

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
I've been following this thread with interest, mostly because a post I made a while back regarding the ETI warranty was taken down by one of the administrators and I was waiting to see if similar comments/observations would suffer the same fate; we'll see.
I've seen numerous posts that disparage ETI so if a post truly was taken down, it probably was for a different reason--like violating community rules or being too inflammatory.

Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote