Propane tank security - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,729
Propane tank security

I was out looking over the propane tanks to determine how long a cable lock I required to lock them to the trailer, and realized I didn't need a cable.
Unless the trailer is hooked up, I can just used the safety chains and a padlock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Propane tank lock.jpg (234.3 KB, 22 views)
__________________

__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,421
Great idea!! Gonna do that.
__________________

Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
LarryandLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Posts: 569
how many instances of propane tank theft have Forum members experienced.

why do you think locking down the propane is worth the effort Glenn? (I've always been impressed by your 'keep things simple' approach to things and must say I'm curious )

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
I've always been impressed by your 'keep things simple' approach to things and must say I'm curious
It is simple. He doesn't want to get ripped off.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
why do you think locking down the propane is worth the effort Glenn?

Larry
Probably from reading paranoia on RV forums. There are at least a dozen RVs "camping" on the streets near the mall about 2 k from here.
At least this doesn't cost me anything ( have padlocks ) and I'll only do it for storage.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
how many instances of propane tank theft have Forum members experienced.

why do you think locking down the propane is worth the effort Glenn? (I've always been impressed by your 'keep things simple' approach to things and must say I'm curious )

Larry
People will steal anything, better to take a little precaution then find yourself without propane...and it would never come at a good time. Looks like a great idea to me.
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
People will steal anything, better to take a little precaution then find yourself without propane...and it would never come at a good time. Looks like a great idea to me.
I have a slightly different take on it from my years in law enforcement:

CRIMINALS will steal anything. If you want a job that can destroy your faith in human nature, try being a cop. Part of the reason why I no longer do it - and I'm FAR happier because of it.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I have a slightly different take on it from my years in law enforcement:

CRIMINALS will steal anything. If you want a job that can destroy your faith in human nature, try being a cop. Part of the reason why I no longer do it - and I'm FAR happier because of it.
Good point! I think locking everything, and taking every possible precaution to protect yourself is always a good idea . Criminals seem to be everywhere these days.
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
Good point! I think locking everything, and taking every possible precaution to protect yourself is always a good idea . Criminals seem to be everywhere these days.
Yup. Part of me wants to go out there and kick their butt, and the other part of me is forever grateful that I'm not doing that anymore. If you ever get the chance to say hello to a cop, make sure you tell them you appreciate what they do.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #10
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,825
This may fall into "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." If you already have everything you need for the "prevention," to me it would be worth the effort. YMMV
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.