Split water hose in bathroom - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #181

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Well, if he gets burned to a crisp in Phoenix, he can take a small detour up to our cabin in the White Mountains to cool off. We could have our long driveway filled with Escapes.
We'd even treat him to a nice dinner and some Indian Fry Bread.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:50 AM   #182

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Reace unfortunately has the worst timing and route for this. It will be 112-118F in Phoenix on Sunday and Monday and is about the worst place he can be in the U.S. now. We are straight east of there in Texas on the Oklahoma border and will have only 90F those days, by comparison. At least I hope he has mostly A/C to be in, although likely having to go in and out of the heat while working. Go, Reace! But go slowly.
My brother lives in Mesa (next door to Phoenix) and it was 118° today, and will be for a few days. His summer work hours are from 3:00 am to noon. Maybe Reace can adapt to that kind of schedule until he hits cool Texas!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:15 AM   #183

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
My brother lives in Mesa (next door to Phoenix) and it was 118° today, and will be for a few days. His summer work hours are from 3:00 am to noon. Maybe Reace can adapt to that kind of schedule until he hits cool Texas!
Yes, he may want a night schedule! He would "only" be in the 80s or 90s. He probably can't believe it after Chilliwack. Never thought about people doing that in the Phoenix area. Wonder if it is common.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #184

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 - 2016 GMC Canyon 4x4 Diesel
Well, Reace apparently survived Phoenix since he called me yesterday evening with the news that he was en route to Albuquerque and with a planned arrival of mid-day today. I do note that he chose not to spend the night in Phoenix. He did say he had never in his life experienced anything like the heat in Phoenix. Only supposed to get up to 95 or so here today. He'll probably think it's only the third circle of Hell instead of the seventh circle in southern Arizona. But hey, it's a dry heat. I can tell you from experience, though, that above 110 degrees F the only difference is are you baking in an oven or steaming in a sauna.

"It ain't what you don't know that hurts you - it's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” - S. Clemens
StanLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #185

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Thanks for the update, Stan. I'm guessing he'll make it to Alabama sometime late this week.
My wife and I have been in Phoenix in 118 degree weather where you leave footprints in the asphalt when you walk across the street. But then when you exit an outdoor swimming pool, you get chilled because the water evaporates off your skin so fast. Strange stuff....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #186

Albuquerque is a great place to be. Hope he can do something besides fix a trailer. The temp there though is even higher than here. Surprising since you are at 5300'. He would need to go to Santa Fe to "cool off."
Old 06-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #187

Quote:
Albuquerque is a great place to be. Hope he can do something besides fix a trailer. The temp there though is even higher than here. Surprising since you are at 5300'.
There used to be some great Mexican restaurants in "Old Town". I hope there still are....
Old 06-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #188

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Who all in Texas is Reece coming to fix their trailers?

I know about Art and Ginger who are in East Texas close to 1-20 and Walter and I in Abilene- close to I-20,

Several other Texans- Fred and Dora, Linda and Dave will be meeting him another time up north so I have heard.

Anyone meeting Reece in Waco?
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #189

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post

I know about Art and Ginger who are in East Texas close to 1-20 and Walter and I in Abilene- close to I-20,

Several other Texans- Fred and Dora, Linda and Dave will be meeting him another time up north so I have heard.

hopefully he will not have to drive that never ending highway construction on I35, especially that part with concrete barriers butt up against the lane stripes..not much margin for error if you get stacked next to a semi truck for a mile or two...
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
There used to be some great Mexican restaurants in "Old Town". I hope there still are....
Yes, there are. Very old family restaurant with a tree inside. Maybe you know that one.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #191
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
hopefully he will not have to drive that never ending highway construction on I35, especially that part with concrete barriers butt up against the lane stripes..not much margin for error if you get stacked next to a semi truck for a mile or two...
I truly hate I-35 between San Antonio and Dallas, and avoid it like the plague it is. Plenty of alternate routes that don't involve constant construction, bumper to bumper, and being surrounded by big rigs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post

I would think that he might have someone down south who he would hopefully have come up but don't know. Steve?
Old 06-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I truly hate I-35 between San Antonio and Dallas, and avoid it like the plague it is. Plenty of alternate routes that don't involve constant construction, bumper to bumper, and being surrounded by big rigs.

I avoid 75 going to Dallas and Ft.Worth. In fact, it is so far going another way that we never go even though we have lived in both places. Don't miss their traffic a bit which is also in McKinney and Plano. Used to be nothing in Plano.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #194

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
I would think that he might have someone down south who he would hopefully have come up but don't know. Steve?
Not sure if this is for me but nonetheless we will be in Chilliwack tomorrow getting ready for our Wednesday delivery. So we will miss Reace down south 😀

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #195
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnuss View Post
Not sure if this is for me but nonetheless we will be in Chilliwack tomorrow getting ready for our Wednesday delivery. So we will miss Reace down south 😀

Steve
Post a few photos Steve. I know it's been a long wait and you're probably chomping at the bit.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:52 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnuss View Post

Steve
Was thinking that you had picked up by now. You won't have to worry about it as I assume that they are doing your plumbing right the first time. We will look for yours shortly then. Have a good orientation which should be a breeze for you.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #197

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
plumbing fix

Did Reese come to everyone's house or did you meet up with him ? Tammy was wondering if we could drive to Alabama which for us is 10-12 hour drive .I'm hoping ETI has some more Florida owners of 21's so we can meet within a few hour drive not an all day affair Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Did Reese come to everyone's house or did you meet up with him ? ... Jim
ETI originally asked if I could drive about 4 hours to a location in southern Georgia, but later they indicated that Rease might be passing through Alabama on an interstate within 10 miles of our home, so we might be able to meet him at a nearby interstate rest stop for the repair. I'm still waiting for the final word, but I'll make it work either way, just to be sure we get it fixed. If we have to go to south Georgia, we might just make a camping trip out of it and visit the Okefenokee Swamp/Wildlife Refuge while there. Where's our bug spray....
Old 06-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #199

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 - 2016 GMC Canyon 4x4 Diesel
Reace made it to our place this afternoon, did the repairs - in addition to the plumbing, he's replacing the guide tabs on the awning and doing some additional work on the refrigerator drainage/caulking issue that came up a few months back. We had offered to meet him basically anywhere within a day's drive, but it turns out his route was taking him into the vicinity of Albuquerque anyway, and we're close to the freeway, so he did the work in our driveway. Offered him a New Mexican dinner, but he wanted to get back on the road and is currently headed for Gunnison, CO with another stop in Colorado after that. At least he'll get to cool off for a couple of days before heading, I would assume, down into Texas.

Lots of restaurants in Old Town, but the best ones, IMO, are elsewhere.

He probably sold a trailer while he was here, too. A local Casita owner saw him turn onto my street with his 5.0 and followed him to our house 'cause he's thinking of trading up and wanted to see an Escape up close. As you might imagine, he was quite impressed when I introduced Reace as the owner of the company, come in person to take care of a warranty issue. Liked the trailer, too.

"It ain't what you don't know that hurts you - it's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” - S. Clemens
StanLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanLewis View Post
... He [Rease] probably sold a trailer while he was here, too. A local Casita owner saw him turn onto my street with his 5.0 and followed him to our house 'cause he's thinking of trading up and wanted to see an Escape up close. As you might imagine, he was quite impressed when I introduced Reace as the owner of the company, come in person to take care of a warranty issue. Liked the trailer, too.
So if the Casita guy trades up to an Escape, is Rease credited with the referral?