Any chance of this combination? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2024, 02:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Rockwood 2318G
Any chance of this combination?

My wife and I are seriously considering an Escape, but we differ a little on our preferred interior choices. She prefers the following:

cabinets = maple
floor = hive pollen
countertop = portico marble or silver quartzite
trim = cream
fabric = monroe steel or summit ash

I tend to prefer the following:

cabinets = maple
floor = havana tobacco (
countertop = silver quartzite
trim = cream
fabric = summit ash or maybe chinchilla (for that leather like finish,,,probably easier to keep free of dog hair)

Might perchance anyone have photos of this combination or of something similar? I know it's long shot but doesn't hurt to ask!
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
If you go to my albums or Padawan’s life thread for brroberts, we have maple panelling, cream trim, portico marble laminate, summit ash fabric, Havana tobacco floor.
Old 01-31-2024, 03:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
In addition to pics I hope you're looking at the actual material 'swatches' (all of them) available from ETI.

Though the swatches are small IMO it really helps to see combinations of the actual items side-by side in various real-world lighting and feel the finishes.

IMO both pics by others and the actual samples help avoid regrets (and may help achieve domestic consensus).

I found lots of useful pics and inspiration in this thread:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...yond-8031.html
Old 01-31-2024, 04:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by caheaton View Post
My wife and I are seriously considering an Escape, but we differ a little on our preferred interior choices. She prefers the following:

cabinets = maple
floor = hive pollen
countertop = portico marble or silver quartzite
trim = cream
fabric = monroe steel or summit ash

I tend to prefer the following:

cabinets = maple
floor = havana tobacco (
countertop = silver quartzite
trim = cream
fabric = summit ash or maybe chinchilla (for that leather like finish,,,probably easier to keep free of dog hair)

Might perchance anyone have photos of this combination or of something similar? I know it's long shot but doesn't hurt to ask!
Craig,
Sounds like you and your wife are pretty close to each other on your preferences. However before finalizing your decision, I agree with Alan, that you should request the free samples from ETI. In the mean time, I've attached a photo of each of the options your considering, side by side - hopefully this helps. (The white material in the photo is a sample of the interior walls/ceiling). Best of luck in finalizing your choices!
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9611.jpg   IMG_9612.jpg  
jjdeluca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Definitely look at samples. I thought summit ash would be a dog hair magnet and went with chinchilla.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
We did too, for the same reason.
jjdeluca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 07:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
We have a similar combination to the ones you listed, other than the floor. Ours is:
Maple
Shadow Grey floor
Chinchilla fabric
Portico Marble counters
Cream trim
The photos are from when we'd just got it home so it's pretty bare but that probably helps you to see the surfaces. In person the wardrobe door doesn’t look so pale, it's a nice wood-look finish more like the second photo.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8031.jpg   IMG_8030.jpg  
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Escape replaced my floor as warranty work, had a bit of a defect.
So I picked up the new sheet of linoleum at Home Depot and had it installed. I must say the extra thickness of the flooring has been helpful, it wasn’t anything special just off the shelf.
I’m not how much a headache it is to get the upgraded material to them, but I would consider it.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:37 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Come to think of it, I think our floor is actually shadow grey also.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:40 PM   #10

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
My wife and I are seriously considering an Escape, but we differ a little on our preferred interior choices.
To add to Ooshkaboo’s input, Escape gives you the added option of going “off script” from their standard choices for fabric, flooring, and countertops. For instance, with the countertops, we were able to go to the Formica website and pick from MANY more selections there. It really opens things up for customizing your trailer. There was a reasonable upcharge for going custom, but we thought it was worth it.

In the case of flooring, there are specific vendors that Escape works with (Mannington, Armstrong, and Shaw). If you coordinate with Escape for those vendors you don’t have to worry about how to get the material to them. They will work that out for you.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 09:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Come to think of it, I think our floor is actually shadow grey also.
Yes! I looked at your Padawan and that's Shadow Grey. I like the Shadow Grey because I think it breaks up all those warm neutrals and sets them off nicely. Likewise I chose Chinchilla fabric because everything else was so light, I wanted some dark to contrast.

Our first trailer was inventory and it was this combination except Silver Shalestone counters. I liked the way their designer put it together so well, I copied it for our second trailer but just slightly lighter counters. If I would change anything it might be back to Silver Shalestone because it was a little more interesting and still quite light.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:56 PM   #12
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
Speaking of off-script, I've seen one Escape with a nice maple (linoleum) flooring. As I recall the owner said they ordered it from one of the flooring suppliers Escape uses. It really brightens up the interior, but I think was a bit of a price upgrade.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 04:53 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
just a side note: Flooring can be cold to bare feet. We like to put a bit of carpet down. Just bought some fairly neutral commercial carpet, and cut it to fit. Looks fine. If you do that, it doesn't matter what the flooring looks like.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:10 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
just a side note: Flooring can be cold to bare feet. We like to put a bit of carpet down. Just bought some fairly neutral commercial carpet, and cut it to fit. Looks fine. If you do that, it doesn't matter what the flooring looks like.
That's what we decided when we ordered our 5.0TA. We went with the one standard flooring colour at the time but ordered custom countertops and fabric.
Now we have throw rugs on the floor all the time and never see the flooring.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:15 AM   #15

Trailer: 2023 E19
I opted for Chinchilla cushions....it's a durable fabric that's very easy to keep clean. However, I did specify the window valences in Symmetry Tidal. I like the contrast of the second fabric and lighter overall look it gives to the interior.
Attached Thumbnails
chincilla.jpg  
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:13 PM   #16

Trailer: 2021 Rockwood 2318G
Thank you to everyone. We had some samples arrive (thanks to Kyle, our sales rep). It looks like my wife prefers this combination:
cabinets: maple

floor: new castle knights armor (convinced her that a somewhat darker floor would go well with the fabric)

fabric: valour (chinchilla was too dark, and the valour has a nice sheen that will make it a bit easier to keep clean of pet hair)

counter: silver quartzite
trim: cream

As others have mentioned, the choice of floor covering is likely to be less important, since we'll be covering ours with throw rugs as well...but the pattern will still show here and there :-) . I saw the teak floor in the shower of Padawan....I like that idea!
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 02:13 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape21C 2023
We love our New Castle floor. I saw a photo of the hive installed and didn't like it even though the sample looked interesting. BTW, it's super easy to get custom upholsterys and no extra cost. Just mail Escape your fabric. Adds a lot more personality��. I found a great print at Joanne fabric upholstery for $10 per yard. It's fabulous and fun!
Katemcginn12@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Thank you to everyone. We had some samples arrive (thanks to Kyle, our sales rep). It looks like my wife prefers this combination:
cabinets: maple

floor: new castle knights armor (convinced her that a somewhat darker floor would go well with the fabric)

fabric: valour (chinchilla was too dark, and the valour has a nice sheen that will make it a bit easier to keep clean of pet hair)

counter: silver quartzite
trim: cream

As others have mentioned, the choice of floor covering is likely to be less important, since we'll be covering ours with throw rugs as well...but the pattern will still show here and there :-) . I saw the teak floor in the shower of Padawan....I like that idea!
Two thumbs up! You will love it, do share photos when you take possession!