"The Trailer" is home! - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #321

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Could be worse. Could put the toilet paper roll on the ceiling with screws going through the roof.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:10 PM   #322

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Could be worse. Could put the toilet paper roll on the ceiling with screws going through the roof.
Glad to see your always looking up.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #323

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
or on the shower wall and hit a water line, that would be a mess also. If I'm not mistaken my tp holder was under the end of the sink edge on the outside wall, probably some sort of wood behind it and the exterior wall. Either way the holes on exterior maybe around where the door holder is? Perhaps you can add a second one and make use of the holes....when you screw up the lemons you can always make lemonade.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #324

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
I bought the same type of TP holder for our Casita that Escape installs and since I refused to drill anything into the trailer anywhere (still have the same policy on our Escape) I used Command Strips. When we sold the Casita 8 years later, it was still solidly attached to the wall.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #325

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
I bought the same type of TP holder for our Casita that Escape installs and since I refused to drill anything into the trailer anywhere (still have the same policy on our Escape) I used Command Strips. When we sold the Casita 8 years later, it was still solidly attached to the wall.
Yeah, well, we didn't think of that since they gave us screws and there's holes in there for screws! Dirk said he'll sand down the excess sealer and screw tips later on.

However, we've since gone to the hardware store and I got some heavy duty sticky adhesive stuff which I just used for the shampoo dispenser.

Here's photos of the TP holder. Is this where those with a 21 had it installed by the factory? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04970.jpg   DSC04967.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #326

That is about right....
Old 12-18-2016, 05:39 PM   #327

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Either way the holes on exterior maybe around where the door holder is? Perhaps you can add a second one and make use of the holes....when you screw up the lemons you can always make lemonade.
It's gonna get covered up by one the bazillion vinyl graphics I got to put on the outside of the trailer when it warms up a bit. And it's not rainy. Nobody will know it's there, unless they remember this from the forum.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:48 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
We mounted ours on the bottom of the overhead cabinet next to the sink & stripper pole. I put some plywood in the cabinet to anchor with long screws.
Charlie, that's a heck of a long way to reach for when you need toilet paper! I've got long arms, but they're not *that* long. I can only assume you think we're talking about something else.

BTW, thanks for all the ideas on the microwave cabinet with different doors and all that. Amazon delivered the toaster oven today and it just barely fits into either that cabinet or the one under the stove top. I can pull it out when I need to use it. I would not be able to put it in either cabinet with a slide out drawer as there isn't enough height space for that to be added in. I'll probably stash it under the stove top as that cabinet is more awkward to use than the microwave cabinet. Better to have one big thing in there than a bunch of smaller stuff that's a pain to sort through.

I couldn't get a smaller toaster oven as I wanted one with two racks and I'd get far more use out of this than a microwave. A combo of a microwave and a convection oven were too big, plus they didn't have two racks.

Now to bring it back inside the house and test it out! Dinner tomorrow!
Old 12-18-2016, 05:48 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Here's photos of the TP holder. Is this where those with a 21 had it installed by the factory? Thanks.
And, are they screwed in or is adhesive used? Thanks
Old 12-18-2016, 07:38 PM   #330

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape
Entertaining thread, BUT, after 33 pages, the question lingers...are you liking your trailer?

Curious Ann
castlecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Yeah, well, we didn't think of that since they gave us screws and there's holes in there for screws! Dirk said he'll sand down the excess sealer and screw tips later on.

However, we've since gone to the hardware store and I got some heavy duty sticky adhesive stuff which I just used for the shampoo dispenser.

I would say that the standard placement is probably a little to the left of that. Don't think it is really under the sink or not much but don't have our trailer handy.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #332

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by castlecrazy View Post
Entertaining thread, BUT, after 33 pages, the question lingers...are you liking your trailer?

Curious Ann
I am still on page 9, you must be on a phone as they smaller pages there make for faster loading. And I think you may have to wait for your answer, I don't think the trailer has been used yet.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #333

I'm on page 34 with an iPad.
Until she gets the attic-full and whatever else into the trailer still coming and gets to a campground with it all, we won't know.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #334

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by castlecrazy View Post
Entertaining thread, BUT, after 33 pages...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I am still on page 9, you must be on a phone as they smaller pages there make for faster loading.
In your User Control Panel, under Setting & Options, in the Edit Options page, there is a category of Thread Display Options, offering a default or selection from 5 to 40 posts per page.

Using the default, Page 34 of this thread starts with Post #331, so the default seems to be "10". Jim is presumably using "40".

Okay, back to The Trailer...
Attached Thumbnails
PostPerPage.JPG  
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:43 AM   #335

I was thinking the same last night and made a list of various "snafu" situations noted, the awning, hitch pin,leveling, B@l levelers, the wrong shower control, the cushion debacle, hyper mesh injury,no rod in t/p holder, t/p holder debacle, cabinet door, caulking issues....I hope there is some enjoyment there.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:16 AM   #336

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:

I was thinking the same last night and made a list of various "snafu" situations noted, the awning, hitch pin,leveling, B@l levelers, the wrong shower control, the cushion debacle, hyper mesh injury,no rod in t/p holder, t/p holder debacle, cabinet door, caulking issues....I hope there is some enjoyment there.
On the other hand, I have never heard about anyone working so hard on the trailer making it her own in such a short time as Laura! And finding the time to keep all of us updated.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #337

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Quote:
Great idea Nathan. I use them all the time around the house. The command strips can be used for almost anything that you need to stick on a wall. Don't have to worry about putting a screw through the outside of the egg or puncturing a water line. Will keep that in mind when I get my Escape.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #338

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Donna View Post
Great idea Nathan. I use them all the time around the house. The command strips can be used for almost anything that you need to stick on a wall. Don't have to worry about putting a screw through the outside of the egg or puncturing a water line. Will keep that in mind when I get my Escape.

I think Escape will install yours by default. I think Laura had a mix up on her sink/no sink that caused the issue. Otherwise, they put it on as part of the build (or at least they did with ours).
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #339

Quote:
I think Escape will install yours by default. I think Laura had a mix up on her sink/no sink that caused the issue. Otherwise, they put it on as part of the build (or at least they did with ours).
Yes, a case of miscommunication sometimes happens. They do install it normally.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:13 PM   #340

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Yes, a case of miscommunication sometimes happens. They do install it normally.
No miscommunication. ETI was asked not to install it according to NWCAT.