Quartzite 2024 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2023, 03:39 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C "S.S. Iceburg"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Pittsburgh View Post
I've read that others have quite enjoyed their Boondockers Welcome stays, however, I haven't been moved to add this yet. My assumption is that the All Access membership is just a combo of these two services.
Stays at Golf Courses is an upsell too, so I assume All Access includes that too.

I use the Android app. It doesn't (regularly) try to upsell like the website does.
kernwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 10:32 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayner View Post
Anyone planning on heading there in January and spending more time in the area?
My current plans have me around Q during Jan & thru the mfg Dome Rock gathering.I’ll be in 3-4 locations depending on the groups I join.
Old 12-26-2023, 05:04 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
This morning I managed to get onto Harvest Hosts website and they're having a Boxing Day Sale. I purchased a 1 year All Access membership for $125 as opposed to their regular price of $179 which I believe is a great price!

Just make sure that when you're signing up they display a code in the top banner of their website; simply copy it into your checkout menu and you get the discounted price.

We have calculated a rough route for our trip down to the southern states in January and figure we can easily cut out 1 or more likely 2 hotel stays; at approximately $120 per stay it'll pay itself off in our first night of free camping.

Safe Travels...
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 02:07 PM   #24
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
the All membership includes harvest host, plus boondockers, plus golf courses. We find it helpful to view the route first and see what is available. Many spots have a calendar where you can see availability, others ask you to call. We usually try boondockers first because many boondock sites don’t charge unless you ask for water or electricity. Then we try golf courses (check to ensure they don’t require you to purchase a round of golf, some do most don't so they are generally free most of the time and great as they are usually quiet!), then we check museums / attractions, then we check harvest host.

Not all harvest hosts ask for your patronage, but most kind of hint at it. Most of the time we buy a wine tasting for $15 or $20 and leave it at that. Sometimes it’s a farm and we really don’t want to buy goat milk, so we politely pass or sometimes offer a donation of $10 to $20.

ALL of the above are cheaper and better (in most cases) than staying at a Good Sam or other RV park.

It is a good program and worth the $$ if you use it a few times a year. Good luck!
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 02:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT6 View Post
the All membership includes harvest host, plus boondockers, plus golf courses. We find it helpful to view the route first and see what is available. Many spots have a calendar where you can see availability, others ask you to call. We usually try boondockers first because many boondock sites don’t charge unless you ask for water or electricity. Then we try golf courses (check to ensure they don’t require you to purchase a round of golf, some do most don't so they are generally free most of the time and great as they are usually quiet!), then we check museums / attractions, then we check harvest host.

Not all harvest hosts ask for your patronage, but most kind of hint at it. Most of the time we buy a wine tasting for $15 or $20 and leave it at that. Sometimes it’s a farm and we really don’t want to buy goat milk, so we politely pass or sometimes offer a donation of $10 to $20.

ALL of the above are cheaper and better (in most cases) than staying at a Good Sam or other RV park.

It is a good program and worth the $$ if you use it a few times a year. Good luck!
Thanks so much for all of this information, nice to know some of the "unwritten" rules. We're looking forward to using this service. we thought it may be especially useful when we're travelling which we do a lot of. Up until now we'll stay in a paid park (which is a waste as we get there in the evening, we generally do not setup and leave first thing in the morning); we've also stayed at WalMarts, truck stops, Cracker Barrrels etc but we've had a couple of anxious events at these places and some are really noisy!
Old 01-22-2024, 10:02 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Not sure if we can make it to the rally this year but working on it and hoping we can change our chances to good.
Attached Thumbnails
Qz177.jpg  
Old 01-22-2024, 10:33 AM   #27

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
What is the web address for the All access membership?
richnel13@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 10:37 AM   #28

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
What is the web address for the AllAccess Membership?
richnel13@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 11:10 AM   #29

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by richnel13@gmail.com View Post
What is the web address for the All access membership?
Hi, richnel13. The All Access Plan is one of the offerings provided by Harvest Hosts. If you go to Harvest Hosts website and click on the “Plans” link at the top of the homepage, you’ll see a comparison with their Classic and Harvest Hosts+Boondockers Welcome plans. They all have a “Join Now” link to click. Hope that helps.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 08:43 PM   #30

Update on Harvest Hosts app - Thusfar I have managed to book quite a few places to stay during our first two weeks in the USA. Actually quite an easy app to use and seems to work well in terms of messaging and booking with hosts. I like it!

Now we'll see how the whole system works when I start actually using it but i'M SURE IT'LL BE GREAT!
Old 02-04-2024, 11:33 AM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For anyone interested, I have started a page of photos of the 2024 Dome Rock Gathering​​​​​​​.* I'll add to it as the week continues.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:47 AM   #32

Trailer: 2021 17B
Thanks for the photos. I'm headed over in a couple of days.
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 09:41 AM   #33

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Oldie but goodie. Jon, I didn't see a single picture of you from today's Qtzsite group. C'mon, guy, get out that tripod and self timer and show us your rig.
Attached Thumbnails
QtzsiteR.jpg  
Old 02-06-2024, 08:52 AM   #34

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
We're here at quartzsite Dome Rock now.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:44 PM   #35

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Red face Too much Fan<?!?>

...got through the rain & lightning Tuesday evening, but now we're in the Wind, for most of the day (and week?).

Joanne & Randy
Escape 5.0TA + F-150
Old 02-08-2024, 10:44 AM   #36

We're here at Dome Rock as well parked close to Elowen. I see Jon is here and a couple of others. Looks like the sun is trying very hard to make an appearance but the clouds are putting up a real battle.