Quartzite 2024 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2023, 05:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quartzite 2024

I did a search and have not found anything regarding the annual egg rally in Quartzite for 2024? Does anyone have any information regarding dates, planned events etc. for Quartzite 2024 rally?? Thanks
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #2

Just found this on the Casita Forum "The annual Quartzsite Gathering will be February 5th thru 11th, 2024 at Dome Rock!" so it sounds like the annual rally dates is set.
Old 12-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
Not sure where I got them, but the dates I have are Feb 5-11. See you there?

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
- Thomas Sowell
Lorraine Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 E21C
From the webmaster at the Casita Forum:

March 16

The annual Quartzsite Gathering will be February 5th thru 11th, 2024 at Dome Rock! Once again this will be a "No Host" get together and everyone can do as they please, visit with friends, make new friends, ask questions, see mods, sit around a campfire, tell jokes, sing whatever you want to do! The town of Quartzsite is only 3 miles away and has pretty much all you need, gas, food, places to eat, dump facility, trash dump station, and lots of RV vendors. Come when you want and leave when you want, find a spot you like and set up camp. This is a total dry camping get together so come test out your boon docking skills! Best of all it is on BLM land and totally FREE and the most gorgeous sunrises and sunsets you will see anywhere! The 2023 Gathering was a great success after the pandemic with about 125 trailers attending so 2024 should be even better.
See you all there!

Location--
GPS: 33.643617,-114.304752
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 07:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 17B
Anyone planning on heading there in January and spending more time in the area?
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 07:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayner View Post
Guess it depends on how you define "in the area". I'm planning to stay at Joshua Tree National Park from Jan 28-Feb 4, then head over to Quartzite.

- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-02-2023, 08:06 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
I am planning on attending although it might be in my Casita if I have not sold it by then. Otherwise, I will bring my Escape 19. I live in Mesa Arizona so I will be in the area before and after Quartzite.
Ken AZ
Drives1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 08:16 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'll be in "the area" for 2-1/2 months. IF you consider all of Arizona as being in the area. I'll be at Dome Rock for the gathering 1/31 - 2/11. Yep 12 days.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 09:48 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayner View Post
I'm sorta in the area - I usually stay in the La Posa West Long Term Visitor Area in Quartzsite for the entire winter, shifting over to Dome Rock a week or so before the rally.

This year I am getting soft & staying in Parker (30 miles north) in the La Paz County Park December & January with water & electric hookups. I will head to Dome Rock on February 1st.

For those interested, the Swap/Sale part of the rally is the morning of Thursday the 8th.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:12 AM   #10

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Arizona my State

I am a native of Arizona and living in Mesa. I plan on going to Quartzite and meeting some of my fellow Escape owners. My wife and I will be doing some camping in the southern part of the state this winter. We plan on making the event in Canada this coming May. We hope to see some of you on the road here in Arizona.
Ken AZ
Drives1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 04:38 PM   #11

We'll be leaving from Toronto on Monday January 29th. Last year we basically drove a straight diagonal line between Buffalo and Phoenix, stopping a night in Indianapolis, 1 night in Springfield Missouri, and 1 night near Albuquerque, taking us four days to reach Phoenix. What we didn't like about this route is that it was so cold all the way down we weren't able to sleep in our trailer till we reached Phoenix - that was a lot of big hotel bills and a PITA.

This year we plan on joining the Harvest Hosts group, driving straight south to Montgomery, Alabama (1 night stop-over about Louisville, KY) and taking Hwy 10 to Quartzite. This will mean probably only 1 night in a hotel and then taking our time going across and staying with Harvest Host members.

Does anyone have experience using Harvest Hosts? Specifically how easy is it to email ahead as you're travelling? We would probably take our time going across and arrive Quartzite after 6-7 days on about Feb 5-6.
Old 12-03-2023, 06:13 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drives1937 View Post
I am a native of Arizona and living in Mesa. I plan on going to Quartzite and meeting some of my fellow Escape owners. My wife and I will be doing some camping in the southern part of the state this winter. We plan on making the event in Canada this coming May. We hope to see some of you on the road here in Arizona.
Ken AZ
I'm in AZ Jan thru mid April 2024 and I'll also be at the Escape rally hoping to meet you two.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:07 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I intend to be at the Quartzfest ham radio gathering in the Roadrunner area south of town the week of January 21-27. The following week I may go down to Yuma with some of the other hams for the week before the fiberglass rally. Otherwise I'll head over to Dome Rock then and stay for the fiberglass rally.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
This year we plan on joining the Harvest Hosts group, driving straight south to Montgomery, Alabama (1 night stop-over about Louisville, KY) and taking Hwy 10 to Quartzite. This will mean probably only 1 night in a hotel and then taking our time going across and staying with Harvest Host members.

Does anyone have experience using Harvest Hosts? Specifically how easy is it to email ahead as you're travelling? We would probably take our time going across and arrive Quartzite after 6-7 days on about Feb 5-6.

I'm also interested in user feedback about Harvest Hosts. I am considering joining and using their sites for overnight stops from the Pensacola, Florida area to Quartzsite, traveling straight through on I-10.
Old 12-08-2023, 01:16 PM   #15
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
We had to modify our travel plans from the Los Angeles area to Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix and will need to stay overnight along the way. The Dept. of Defense has rescinded retired civilian ID cards, and now we need to go to the base Visitor Center to gain base access. Before we could just drive up to the gate and go in.

We could easily make the trip in a day, but the Visitor Center is only open until 4pm and too many unexpected things could happen to cause us to arrive late. To ensure we arrive at the Visitor Center during operating hours, we now need a one-night stop along the way.

I noticed Quartzite is along the route. Does anyone know if anything is going on around there around 7 January? Granted there are a bunch of places along the route to stop I'm sure, but never been to Quartzite and thought this might be a chance to at least take a quick look.

Recommendations appreciated.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 09:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I'm also interested in user feedback about Harvest Hosts. I am considering joining and using their sites for overnight stops from the Pensacola, Florida area to Quartzsite, traveling straight through on I-10.
Harvest Hosts stays have been a wonderful experience, perfect when just passing through an area. Besides the experience of staying at some very interesting locations with some interesting hosts, I've picked up some unusual gifts; if you're on my list this Christmas, you might be getting an alpaca hat, which includes the names of the alpacas whose wool is in that hat. Though it's expected that you spend some money at each HH location, I've arranged to stay places where I can buy gifts I'd have bought anyway, or something for my own consumption, like wine. These stays have made what would have been utilitarian overnighters in a parking lot into unique & memorable experiences. On my way to Kansas next week, I'll be staying again at the alpaca farm that was my first Harvest Host stay. Those alpaca hats may be joined by matching scarves next year. My HH stays were the unexpected highlights of my 3 month trip last summer - I've got stories.

The only minor downside is that you really should arrive either early enough (usually late afternoon) or depart late enough (usually mid-morning) to patronize the business. If you are looking to arrive late & leave early, a Cracker Barrel or such is a better bet. This does constrain travel timing a bit.

Someone asked about emailing them on the road. Reservations are made on the HH website. Some of the hosts specify that they take same day reservations & usually provide a phone number for this.

- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-09-2023, 10:26 PM   #17

Good info. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Pittsburgh View Post
Harvest Hosts stays have been a wonderful experience, perfect when just passing through an area. Besides the experience of staying at some very interesting locations with some interesting hosts, I've picked up some unusual gifts; if you're on my list this Christmas, you might be getting an alpaca hat, which includes the names of the alpacas whose wool is in that hat. Though it's expected that you spend some money at each HH location, I've arranged to stay places where I can buy gifts I'd have bought anyway, or something for my own consumption, like wine. These stays have made what would have been utilitarian overnighters in a parking lot into unique & memorable experiences. On my way to Kansas next week, I'll be staying again at the alpaca farm that was my first Harvest Host stay. Those alpaca hats may be joined by matching scarves next year. My HH stays were the unexpected highlights of my 3 month trip last summer - I've got stories.

The only minor downside is that you really should arrive either early enough (usually late afternoon) or depart late enough (usually mid-morning) to patronize the business. If you are looking to arrive late & leave early, a Cracker Barrel or such is a better bet. This does constrain travel timing a bit.

Someone asked about emailing them on the road. Reservations are made on the HH website. Some of the hosts specify that they take same day reservations & usually provide a phone number for this.
Lorraine, that's excellent information, thanks. So we were thinking of getting the All Access membership to qualify for all the stay possibilities; is that what you have? I noticed that during Black Friday deals they had that membership for $60 off regular price and I forgot to sign up - I'm waiting till Boxing Day hoping similar deals will appear.

Mars
Old 12-11-2023, 03:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Lorraine, that's excellent information, thanks. So we were thinking of getting the All Access membership to qualify for all the stay possibilities; is that what you have? I noticed that during Black Friday deals they had that membership for $60 off regular price and I forgot to sign up - I'm waiting till Boxing Day hoping similar deals will appear.

Mars
Hi Mars,

I just have the basic Harvest Hosts membership. Every time I log in, a pop up tries to sell me on adding the Boondockers Welcome service. I've read that others have quite enjoyed their Boondockers Welcome stays, however, I haven't been moved to add this yet. My assumption is that the All Access membership is just a combo of these two services.

- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-11-2023, 02:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Pittsburgh View Post
Hi Mars,

I just have the basic Harvest Hosts membership. Every time I log in, a pop up tries to sell me on adding the Boondockers Welcome service. I've read that others have quite enjoyed their Boondockers Welcome stays, however, I haven't been moved to add this yet. My assumption is that the All Access membership is just a combo of these two services.
Thanks Lorraine