2019 interior changes - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2018, 09:51 PM   #121

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
On our trailer ETI used glossy clear silicone seal/chaulk. It looks just like water, and while I've kind of gotten used to it, I still wipe down the edge, just in case there is water there. I still don't like the fact that it's glossy.

Folks can always add Peel & Stick to the back wall and that will fill some of the need for a backsplash.

If you order custom countertops, ETI gives you the excess from the full sheet they ordered. You can use it to replace the wood insert in the fridge/freezer doors and still have some left over to do your own backsplash, I believe. (I don't remember how much was left over for us after doing the doors.) PatandLinda did that to theirs (just behind the stove area, I think, but it could have been the entire area; can't remember now) and it looked really nice.
Thankyou Laura . Yes I put behind the stove , it bothered me just having vinyl behind stove . I was able to find a piece match at a Formica supplier . I still have good size pieces . I promised Ron in BC I would bring to Quartzsite to give him some . We have some pictures in our albums of the install . Pretty easy to hold ,loosen a few screws after popping off the buttons on backsplash . Tuck in backsplash about 1/4 in . Tuck in behind Vent about 1/4 in , first . Retigten your screws on backsplash, put your buttons on , that's it . No glue or attachment needed. Has been in trailer at least 4 years , has not moved .
Being able to clean and not hurt vinyl makes sense . Your install is another solution too and looks good . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #122

Trailer: 2014 FWC
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I see these changes as many things , improvement is not one of them !
Captm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #123

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Thankyou Laura . Yes I put behind the stove , it bothered me just having vinyl behind stove . I was able to find a piece match at a Formica supplier . I still have good size pieces . I promised Ron in BC I would bring to Quartzsite to give him some . We have some pictures in our albums of the install . Pretty easy to hold ,loosen a few screws after popping off the buttons on backsplash . Tuck in backsplash about 1/4 in . Tuck in behind Vent about 1/4 in , first . Retigten your screws on backsplash, put your buttons on , that's it . No glue or attachment needed. Has been in trailer at least 4 years , has not moved .
Being able to clean and not hurt vinyl makes sense . Your install is another solution too and looks good . Pat
Pic attached so users don’t need to dig through the albums
Attached Thumbnails
6E44E45B-ACCA-49A3-97BB-6F4CC8CF9122.jpeg  
Old 12-17-2018, 12:24 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Pic attached so users don’t need to dig through the albums
Thankyou Dave for posting picture ! Pat
Old 12-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #125

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I promised Ron in BC I would bring to Quartzsite to give him some . Pat
Thanks Pat. I do like the formica all the way up the wall behind the stove more than having vinyl there.
Looking forward to Q'site. Still a month to go before I'll be heading South. Can't be too soon for me, I'm tired of Winter already.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #126

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Emailed Melisa this morning, we are gonna try the new interior. Lowes has the Formica sample, we really like it. I could not find the vinyl local, but we really weren't in love with the lighter color either, so what the heck.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Thanks Pat. I do like the formica all the way up the wall behind the stove more than having vinyl there.
Looking forward to Q'site. Still a month to go before I'll be heading South. Can't be too soon for me, I'm tired of Winter already.

Ron
Hi Ron didn't forget . Also have a few things for Myron I think he can use . Pat
Old 12-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #128

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Well, I do need some cherry -- about four feet x four inches will do.

Currently working on my tongue box, badly needs repairs to corners shmooshed by the tow when backing up tightly.
Attached Thumbnails
TongBX04.jpg  
Old 12-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #129

Trailer: Escape 21
Maple Interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
Emailed Melisa this morning, we are gonna try the new interior. Lowes has the Formica sample, we really like it. I could not find the vinyl local, but we really weren't in love with the lighter color either, so what the heck.
Congratulations! That makes two of us. My buildsheet now has the words; “Maple Interior,” all the way across the top row. I really like the way the lighter maple seems to make the whole camper less dark.

Have you confirmed that “all” the vinyl really is white, or are the photos bathed in a cool temperature light? If not, then we need to check. Because, as you probably know, cool lighting, like 5200k will make the vinyl more white or even blue depending on the degrees Kelvin mixture. I may be wrong, but if not, then a 3200k light will warm up the color cast, and make it off-white or more yellow.

It looks like the kitchen window has blue sky-side light, and the back window has less sky lighting, with more from the sun.

OTOH, white Naugahyde looks pretty neat on hot rods.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #130

See Melisa’s answer in regards to the vinyl color puzzle.

“The vinyl color is the same through out the trailer. We have recently changed to a lighter cream color but it is not bright white. It is still a nice off white color. It may by 1 shade lighter. It is not really that noticeable of a change.”

Hope that helps.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #131

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm sticking with the oak old style interior since I already ordered a oak look floor. Joldie confirmed my decision with the oak today for my April completion date and also said the oak will come with the standard backsplash with the standard formica.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #132

Trailer: ?
Additional photos of the new interior finish.

Taken with the flash on the camera.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
7F406162-BD2E-471C-9A67-8C4AB4C4BE84.jpg   69D50803-263E-45C6-8FBC-0B809A6E98C1.jpeg   2694C88E-CA7C-4621-9657-224F5DEF4C77.jpeg  
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #133

In reference to how the kitchen countertop is sealed at the wall.

“I've also attached a couple of pictures of the kitchen area showing you no backsplash, the dividing wall and the new faucet. The join where the counter and headliner meet is sealed so this will prevent any water from running into the cabinets below.“

Ed
Old 12-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #134

Going with the new look but I do wonder what measuring time frame is appropriate for how long it will take before the real wood trim on the doors will blend with the fake maple?

Months? Years? Decades?

Should a leak ever occur between the countertop and the wall, it could be easily remedied by installing some decorative trim to serve as a backsplash.

Ed
Old 12-17-2018, 05:18 PM   #135

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
In reference to how the kitchen countertop is sealed at the wall.

“I've also attached a couple of pictures of the kitchen area showing you no backsplash, the dividing wall and the new faucet. The join where the counter and headliner meet is sealed so this will prevent any water from running into the cabinets below.“

Ed
Thanks for your photos Ed. We just switched our order so that out build sheet now also reads "Maple Interior" across the top, now that I see it with proper lighting I do like the color.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #136

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
We are going with the 2019 Maple look along with the new standard formica and the new standard flooring. We are doing custom fabric though. We originally had upgraded the Formica, the flooring and the fabric so this will actually save some money.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:08 PM   #137

Yay, that makes a half dozen or more of us!

Past 2018 wood grain is also a combination of faux-oak wood with (maybe) real oak wood trim. It matched, and and has stood the test of time. Now we are confronted with change, and change is often inspected, examined, and resisted with skepticism.

Hopefully, what we are seeing as a disconcerting, can be taken care of quickly; and it may not even be an issue. Some of us are stepping out in good faith, because we see and accept the changes as a step in a good and positive direction. Although I like oak, I like maple also. It’s a nice hardwood too, and I’m going to adapt this change. It works better with the dark Formica and flooring. Now those, are not bad at all.

And the faucet is really neat, and will keep me from scratching my head if I rinse my face under it. It’s better than washing my face under the bathroom faucet. Oh, and filling tall vessels is going to be easier. So will cleaning up, washing pots, pans, and other tall things. Woohoo!
Old 12-17-2018, 06:12 PM   #138

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, the sink should be an improvement. One of my peeves with the Escape was there always water on the countertop when using the sink. splashing seemed common with the shallow sink and faucet. Hoping the new set up is better, we will see......
Old 12-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #139

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
Going with the new look but I do wonder what measuring time frame is appropriate for how long it will take before the real wood trim on the doors will blend with the fake maple?

Months? Years? Decades?
Maybe I haven’t done enough staining in my life or staining of maple. Can’t Escape or their supplier of the cabinet doors take the time to figure out a light stain that would match the doors to the paneling on day 1?
Old 12-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Maybe I haven’t done enough staining in my life or staining of maple. Can’t Escape or their supplier of the cabinet doors take the time to figure out a light stain that would match the doors to the paneling on day 1?
I wonder the exact same thing.

Ed