2019 interior changes - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #141

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We also really like the new Maple, and picked that for our 21, that will be done in March.
PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #142

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, the sink should be an improvement. One of my peeves with the Escape was there always water on the countertop when using the sink. splashing seemed common with the shallow sink and faucet. Hoping the new set up is better, we will see......
Hi Jim, I haven't seen anything regarding a different sink (maybe I missed it). Do you know the specs? This is not going to be applicable to us as we ordered a 14X14X8 stainless which has already been delivered to ETI. So I guess I am just curious what the standard is going ahead. Thanks
Old 12-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #143

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Same sink, just a different faucet, it looks like it will spray water directly down vs at an angle via the older model.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #144

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
The wood cabinets will never match the vinyl panels and over time the wood will change to make the difference greater. Our oak cabinets are getting darker and the maple will too. The bottom picture is new maple and the top one is much older- almost looks like cherry now.

https://www.roomandboard.com/blog/20...es-color-time/
Attached Thumbnails
Maple.jpg  
Old 12-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #145

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
When I was looking into finishing my cherry kitchen cabinets I was researching how to rush the darkening of the unstained wood. One of the ways was to stick the cabinets out in the sun for some period of time, didn't try to figure out how long.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Same sink, just a different faucet, it looks like it will spray water directly down vs at an angle via the older model.
Thanks Jim
Old 12-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #147

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Anybody know the make and model of the new faucet. I am planning on replacing the existing one in our 21 and I like the looks of the new one.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:32 PM   #148

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Well, I do need some cherry -- about four feet x four inches will do.

Currently working on my tongue box, badly needs repairs to corners shmooshed by the tow when backing up tightly.
Sorry Myron can't help with the cherry but you might like what I bring . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:43 PM   #149

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post

Currently working on my tongue box, badly needs repairs to corners shmooshed by the tow when backing up tightly.
Really, people really do things like that? I was thinking that I might just hide my little smoosh with a vinyl cover.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:41 AM   #150

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I just pull down my sweater to hide my shmoosh......
Old 12-18-2018, 07:22 AM   #151

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
The wood cabinets will never match the vinyl panels and over time the wood will change to make the difference greater. Our oak cabinets are getting darker and the maple will too. The bottom picture is new maple and the top one is much older- almost looks like cherry now.

https://www.roomandboard.com/blog/20...es-color-time/
My understanding is that unfinished maple will darken if exposed to UV light and air. I worked with a woodworking company that used a lot of maple and finding a non-yellowing clear finish was a goal for them.

So, the color of the maple over the long run probably has more to do with the finish that is applied.

Here is a link that discusses:

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2006...nish-for-maple
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #152

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Yeah, the problem here is somebody's gone overboard on finding a 'non-yellowing' finish. If he's looking for a good match to the cabinetry, he needs to work on it a little more. But it's not hard to do. There are a lot of finishing products out there. You just have to accept some variation from door to door, since as I understand it the cabinet cladding is manufactured and therefore relatively consistent from lot to lot, while maple will vary a bit more (not even getting into birdseye, wormy, etc. variations on maple).

OTOH, if he's looking for a contrast, you can certainly bleach the maple (or ebonize it) to push the contrast a little more. That's a valid choice, too. But right now we've got a mismatch, not a contrast or a match. I'm sure it will get worked out. No hill for a climber.

Spoken as a guy with a certificate in fine woodworking from the local vocational college, qualifying me for entry level employment in the cabinet making, fine furniture and finish carpentry sectors.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:51 AM   #153

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
The wood cabinets will never match the vinyl panels and over time the wood will change to make the difference greater. ]
Exactly, almost all wood changes. The oak, used in past year’s Escapes, probably did also. It should (gradually) change to be more orange?

My 2000 Casita has vinyl clad oak wood trim, it is matched, and doesn’t change. Vinyl on the Casita trim parts is also, fairly tough and has survived the last 18 years with very little damage.

I still like real wood better, and like its contrast. But I would prefer that “all” the wood, would be real. $$$ Although, MDW wants to paint our real oak cabinets white. She hates cherry with a passion, probably because it gets reddish with age.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #154

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbny View Post
My understanding is that unfinished maple will darken if exposed to UV light and air. I worked with a woodworking company that used a lot of maple and finding a non-yellowing clear finish was a goal for them.

So, the color of the maple over the long run probably has more to do with the finish that is applied.

Here is a link that discusses:

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2006...nish-for-maple
I like the Maple wood and as far as the color of the doors I really don't have a problem with it. Since all doors are the same color for me it does look quite well overall and gives the interior a nice look. In fact I would order that color if we decide on a new Escape. The gray barn wood look is also a great color, that would be a good replacement for the standard color which has passed its time for interior colors. As far as the Maple doors changing color I wouldn't count on it to ever match the other wood in the trailer, there are too many variables for this to happen. I still don't see a problem here that would turn me away for the Maple interior.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #155

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I like the Maple wood and as far as the color of the doors I really don't have a problem with it. Since all doors are the same color for me it does look quite well overall and gives the interior a nice look. In fact I would order that color if we decide on a new Escape. The gray barn wood look is also a great color, that would be a good replacement for the standard color which has passed its time for interior colors. As far as the Maple doors changing color I wouldn't count on it to ever match the other wood in the trailer, there are too many variables for this to happen. I still don't see a problem here that would turn me away for the Maple interior.

trainman
our thoughts too! A great improvement ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #156

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes but wait a few years and the grey barn wood look will be out dated too. i don't love the oak would get the maple if buying again. but i don't mind the oak- things go in and out of fashion oak cabinets are out now and everyone wants all white kitchens - granite is out marble looking quartz is in....but things will always change i still like oak its warm and natural looking and i love how cozy my little trailer is.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #157

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
things go in and out of fashion oak cabinets are out now and everyone wants all white kitchens - .
Well that's a relief, I thought that our all white kitchen was really out of date and that it was time to go back to oak.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:10 AM   #158

Trailer: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
We are going with the 2019 Maple look along with the new standard formica and the new standard flooring. We are doing custom fabric though. We originally had upgraded the Formica, the flooring and the fabric so this will actually save some money.
So excited - we have a completed April date and really like the new 2019 interior maple and changes too but wish they would have changed/updated the fabric also!

Can you please tell us which company and fabric choice you've decided on?
I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by working on our build sheet by myself. Thank you
Purplecatstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #159

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecatstar View Post
So excited - we have a completed April date and really like the new 2019 interior maple and changes too but wish they would have changed/updated the fabric also!

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by working on our build sheet by myself. Thank you
Purple,
When we completed our build last month, the only interior finish we decided to upgrade was the upholstery. My wife and I both decided that the wild stock seat covers had to go! I purchased Sunbrella Canvas Ginkgo from JT fabrics in BC. I dealt with Cheryl on the fabric, she was very helpful and shipping to Escape was quick. After the announcement of the new Maple interior, we decided to change it up and go that route. I think the Maple,darker vinyl and counters will still look good with the Ginkgo fabric.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecatstar View Post
Colleen originally planned 2 fabrics, a solid for the bottom cushion and valances and a patterned for the seat backs. She is now planning on going with just one fabric for all, it is sunbrella #40432 (Cast Shale). The swatch appeared greyish with a tad of tan in it, but It looks more brownish on my computer.
Your avatar says "looking for a 19" did you order a 19 instead?