My 5.0 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2023, 07:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0
My 5.0

Hi there I just received an email that my trailer has started production. I am curious if anyone can give me an idea of how long before the trailer is ready.
Thanks in advance
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:47 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshog View Post
Hi there I just received an email that my trailer has started production. I am curious if anyone can give me an idea of how long before the trailer is ready.
Thanks in advance

I think I read around 3 weeks. But I would think it matters on things like model, customization, & if they have all "appliances" on hand, ties into customization, etc. What WAS your finish date? Is it now on the early side? as I'm wondering if my finish date will get moved up. After seeing the inventory models hit.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:28 AM   #3

My finish date June 6th. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:11 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
My finish date June 6th. Thanks for the reply.

My E19's finish date is June 28. I'm thinking the 5.0s might take longer to put together(Maybe one reason they are backed up farther out?). Why I said, I "think" depends on model. Did you check that you would TAKE an earlier date? I did, & was moved up a week early on. Would be interesting to know if they are getting finished earlier, or are now taking their time a little more.

Why I haven't begun to look at res. & being somewhere by a (certain time). Just looking at a route & possible stops, for picking up from NC! But, since they will sit on a finished trailer for a month. If it IS finished earlier than your signed date....... they will sit on it til the original date, so can plan, if you have the patience to know it's sitting there waiting . If you are getting it shipped. I would think the shipper, somewhat waits until at least 2(seems they can fit 3?). Trailers are going in one direction.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 09:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Hi Grasshog -

You should start getting some pictures in another week or two. If I recall correctly, it took a while to start getting the pictures, but they finished the trailer quickly. Then we had to wait a month for the awning to show up. Post pandemic, you probably won’t have a delay like we did.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
Hi Grasshog -

You should start getting some pictures in another week or two. If I recall correctly, it took a while to start getting the pictures, but they finished the trailer quickly. Then we had to wait a month for the awning to show up. Post pandemic, you probably won’t have a delay like we did.
Thanks for the replyRick—I am starting to get ansi. Not sure why but it seems like time has Slowed down,,Ha,ha

BTW—how is the battery you have been holding up? I am trying to decide on which battery to get ??
Old 04-11-2023, 01:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Thanks for the replyRick—I am starting to get ansi. Not sure why but it seems like time has Slowed down,,Ha,ha

BTW—how is the battery you have been holding up? I am trying to decide on which battery to get ??
Hi: Grasshog... IMHO it doesn't matter which battery you chose, as long as you have your "Charge card" handy!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:25 PM   #8

Quote:

Battery is holding up great. When we had a windstorm hit a few weeks back that knocked out our power for half a day, I flipped the inverter on in the trailer and ran an extension cord into the house. It’s a portable powerwall. Lol.
Old 04-12-2023, 10:28 PM   #9

Very nice. I am wondering how much room I have under the dinette?
I would like to do basically the same thing as you? I plan on getting a battery like yours but I don’t think it’s going to work in the same area which ETI installed the standard battery?.
Old 04-13-2023, 07:28 PM   #10

Quote:
I would like to do basically the same thing as you? I plan on getting a battery like yours but I don’t think it’s going to work in the same area which ETI installed the standard battery?.
I didn’t try to plan any details until after I picked up the trailer. I just felt that I could handle installing a different battery and comparing the options and pricing from ETI with what I could find sealed the deal. It did take me a couple days to do the new install, and the thought crossed my mind that it would have been easier to just order from ETI, but I’m very pleased with how it turned out.

When you pickup your trailer, you’ll be able to look and figure out the details like what you can fit where.

There’s some real nice LiFePO4 batteries available, and if you’re mounting it inside the trailer, and don’t live in an area that has prolonged temperatures below freezing, you don’t need to worry about low temperature cutoff.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:30 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
I'm late to the conversation so if this has been covered, my apologies. Our 2023 5.0 came with two 100ah HubLion batteries. ETI supplied us with two additional HubLion 100ah batteries and a battery box(we purchased of course). There is plenty of room under the dinette for the extra batteries.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 08:22 AM   #12

Thanks for the reply. This forum has been a lot of help. I was planning on just bringing a battery with me but it sounds like it’s going to be a little more complicated than just plug and play. Thanks again Gary.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:13 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. This forum has been a lot of help. I was planning on just bringing a battery with me but it sounds like it’s going to be a little more complicated than just plug and play. Thanks again Gary.
That's really not necessary. The factory battery will do just fine indefinitely. That's all a lot of folks have. Wait until you're home and take a look at space etc. and you'll have also had a bit of experience with the factory battery.

If you had my set-up you could do it. I have dual 12s isolated by a battery switch. I can use either battery individually. I have a spare lithium battery doing nothing so I'm thinking of making a hybrid system, one lithium and one FLA, and doing a bit of experimenting.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 02:40 PM   #14

Wow thank you for the reply Ron ,,Rick.& The whole forum this is a relief knowing I can check this off my “Things to do” the whole process of driving up there, picking up my trailer, figuring out the paperwork and whatever else may popped up. I really appreciate your input. It’s going to be a little stressful anyway figuring out all the things I’m going to need to start enjoying my new 5.0 ,, it’s nice to know that I have an option to ask questions, especially when you’re a solo traveler. I guess I can always bounce things off the dog, but he sleeps most the time on the road ha ha thanks again you guys,,I can’t wait !!!