A New Adventure Begins - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #1

Trailer: none yet
A New Adventure Begins

Greetings all, from Western NY!

Hey guys, so glad I found this forum (as well as this RV manufacture). I came "yonder way" after spending hours pouring over RV options on the Internet.

And all this started with a certain 15 year old (my son) who recently said to me (in no shorter words): "Hey mom, I want to take a road trip to Alaska through western Canada!"

Well, that sounds like an intriguing journey (says momma) So needless to say; this started my Internet research project. See, it's been a rough couple of months. My estranged husband (and son's father) suddenly passed away about 2 months ago now and God willing, looks like the finances to be able to afford this wish are going to materialize. Our trip is tentatively scheduled for next summer.

So in light of looking at the most economical way of traveling, I decided we'll get the most bang for our buck if we buy an RV!

Easier said than done - I suppose. (Now there's too many potential choices and of course the first memory that comes to my mind is my father burning out the breaks of his motorhome driving up and down the Rockies back when I was in the Navy. We'll just say it made for an interesting trip!) So thus brings up all these issues about tow vehicles and trailer weights... "Let me find the lightest one I can" brought me to researching fiberglass trailers!

Now "Escape" of the fiberglass trailers!
We'd talked to some sales people and looked at different RV's on the Internet, of which brought up some issues. First off - the 15 year old boy is in excess of 6 foot now / banging his head on half the coaches we walked through. (so back to the Internet).

I learned 5th wheels usually have more head room. I've also read that they are more stable to tow. (OK that works - two plusses there!) Now I just need to find one that..... doesn't require it's own zip code. First I found the Scamp brand, showed a picture to the "discerning 15 year old" (had the set up we needed - two separate beds and certainly not... half the size of Canada). He looked at it and said. "Why would you want to buy that?" (he felt the interior left a lot to be desired) .... "Besides mom, we'd be bumping into each other." Which is true (2 of us and a 100lb dog) So, back to the drawing board looking for 5th wheels that wouldn't make momma feel like she was trying to haul an aircraft carrier out to sea! (Also took a little explanation of the intimidation of hauling a jumbotron across North America before the kid understood.) So when I found Escape's web sight and showed him the pictures (wha-la - 5.0's interior got a big thumbs up)! So, in enters Escape's 5.0.

So, I just spent a good chuck of time reading through posts on amenities and I will certainly say I am impressed with the options. A reasonable space efficient set up, as well as some "amenities" we really need. (My son has Autism and epilepsy, so he has to have air-conditioning.)

So I'm glad I found Escape on the web and I'm looking forward to putting in my order soon.

Got a question though? Can someone clarify for me the production / order date deadlines?

Thanks
Looking forward to some new adventures.
Renee N. is offline   Reply With Quote