E19 F1 October 2023 Delivery - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2022, 06:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19 F1
E19 F1 October 2023 Delivery

After extensive research and considering Casita, Airstream, and Escape we took the plunge and placed our deposit on a 19. It was closest we could come to all our wants. The only shortcoming was the crawlover bed.

Now it's on to researching solar systems and electronics. And tongue weight. And brake controllers. And air tanks for water systems. And, most importantly, places to go!

It might be aggressive, but we plan to pick up in Washington and tow it back to Ohio.
Dave Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:23 PM   #2

Trailer: N/A
We’re also looking at an Oct. ‘23 delivery on our 19’ f1. I’m just wondering if there are advantages to picking it up in Washington and not at the Escape facility in Canada. Is there, for example, a difference in customs fees if the owner doesn’t bring the trailer across the border? Anyway, lots to consider!
Kfzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfzim View Post
We’re also looking at an Oct. ‘23 delivery on our 19’ f1. I’m just wondering if there are advantages to picking it up in Washington and not at the Escape facility in Canada. Is there, for example, a difference in customs fees if the owner doesn’t bring the trailer across the border? Anyway, lots to consider!
There is no difference in customs fees either way. Even if you opt for delivery in Chilliwack, ETI will still drive your trailer across the border. This saves those fees.

Picking up in Sumas just saves you from the passport/border crossing hassle. That’s it.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
It might be aggressive, but we plan to pick up in Washington and tow it back to Ohio.
We made the trip this past June from Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati to Sumas. It’s a long drive for sure, but if you have time to make a trip out of it you can create some great memories. Our trip home with stops in Grand Teton NP, Mount Rushmore, Custer SP, and Badlands NP was awesome! (We also planned a stop at Yellowstone NP, but flooding closed the Park - we’re heading back there next year!)
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:32 PM   #5

Trailer: N/A
Thanks for that customs information. Also, your trip back home sounds amazing! We’ve seen so little of the country and are really looking forward to exploring.
Kfzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:11 AM   #6

Trailer: 2021 21NE
I am not sure I want to mention this but I have had pressure tanks on a boat instead of an on demand water pump. I also had them rot out and fail. Things got wet.

When I was looking for a replacement pressure tank in a remote location someone asked why I am not using an on demand pump. At the time I didn't even know they existed. I changed to an on demand pump. It took a while to get used to the pump coming on when I turned on the water but I got used to it. The on demand pump is a simpler system (less things to go wrong).

I think Escape installs an on demand water pump as standard. I am sure there is room to install a pressure tank but I ask why go to the expense, give up the storage space and add more complexity and maintenance to the water system?

I carried spare pump parts on the boat but don't on the trailer although it might be a good idea. A spare pump head doesn't take much storage space.

Bob
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:31 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
I carried spare pump parts on the boat but don't on the trailer although it might be a good idea. A spare pump head doesn't take much storage space.
A spare pump can do double duty as a water transfer pump. I modified this with female garden hose fittings and a 12V cigarette lighter style plug to reach exterior outlet. This helps tremendously when filling the onboard tank from containers when boondocking. If the onboard pump were to fail this could be stripped down and easily installed in the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
spare pump.jpg  
Old 09-27-2022, 10:35 AM   #8

I like that. If I get a pickup then I can carry extra water and will get a spare pump. I may get one anyway.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
I like that. If I get a pickup then I can carry extra water and will get a spare pump. I may get one anyway.
I just posted the mod to share the parts I used if it is of any interest to you
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post430934
Old 09-27-2022, 11:06 AM   #10

Thank you.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:07 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
If you have the time to pick up your new Escape it is well worth the trip. We spent over 3 weeks to return home to Ohio (and drove a total of over 7,000 miles. You can take your time and make a great vacation on the way home.
Doug King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:39 PM   #12

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19 F1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
We made the trip this past June from Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati to Sumas. It’s a long drive for sure, but if you have time to make a trip out of it you can create some great memories. Our trip home with stops in Grand Teton NP, Mount Rushmore, Custer SP, and Badlands NP was awesome! (We also planned a stop at Yellowstone NP, but flooding closed the Park - we’re heading back there next year!)
We did Rushmore and Custer last summer along with Rocky Mountain and Teddy Roosevelt. With a tent. The trailer will be a huge step up. Depending on actual delivery we could head south to Crater Lake and maybe even Napa, or stay north and do Glacier and the northern section of Roosevelt. Yellowstone and Teton are options as well (it’s been 10 years since we were there).

We should have plenty of time other than avoiding be too far north too late in the year.

I was not planing on the spray foam insulation as it would make it hard to do maintenance.
Dave Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:25 PM   #13

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Quote:
Depending on actual delivery we could head south to Crater Lake and maybe even Napa, or stay north and do Glacier and the northern section of Roosevelt.
If you do Napa, I recommend staying at Skyline Wilderness Park. We live in Napa, but stayed at Skyline Park as a "shakedown" of our new E19 - it was great.
chicojerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:29 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Dave, to our little fiberglass world............
Old 10-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #15

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Quote:
Depending on actual delivery we could head south to Crater Lake and maybe even Napa, or stay north and do Glacier and the northern section of Roosevelt..

If you are able to do Crater Lake there is a USFS park at Union Creek just a few miles south of the lake toward Prospect. Boondock within 25 feet of the rushing Rogue River. One of our favorites.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote