E19 F1 Ordered - May 2023 Completion - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
E19 F1 Ordered - May 2023 Completion

Hi Folks,

I will soon be the owner of an E19 F1. The build should be completed in May 2023. My tow vehicle is a 2013 Tacoma double cab 4 wd.

I’m super excited and can’t wait to start camping with it. Decision of the F19 was based on it being the smallest trailer that met all of the check boxes. Lots of camping will be done boondocking and in provincial parks.

A huge thanks to everyone who posts on this site. Information has been incredibly helpful in deciding on options, items I want to add afterwards and towing information. Thank you to all those who post and the great community of Escape owners.

Happy holidays!

Stu
Simply Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:16 PM   #2

Trailer: WTB: E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Stu View Post
Hi Folks,

I will soon be the owner of an E19 F1. The build should be completed in May 2023. My tow vehicle is a 2013 Tacoma double cab 4 wd.

I’m super excited and can’t wait to start camping with it. Decision of the F19 was based on it being the smallest trailer that met all of the check boxes. Lots of camping will be done boondocking and in provincial parks.

A huge thanks to everyone who posts on this site. Information has been incredibly helpful in deciding on options, items I want to add afterwards and towing information. Thank you to all those who post and the great community of Escape owners.

Happy holidays!

Stu
Happy Holidays Stu and Congrats!

When did you finalize your order? What is the lead time now?

Bill
Old 12-15-2022, 01:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Quote:
Welcome!

We ordered a 21C in June '22, with original expectations of a Sept. '23 delivery. Now they've moved it up to late March '23.

We rented a 16' Airstream as part of our process to decide what we wanted, and towed it with a 2019 4wd Tacoma. We found the climb-over bed was irritating, and that even with a 3500 GVWR on the Airstream, the Tacoma was loaded absolutely to the max.

Since, pushing the limits of a piece of equipment day-in and day-out doesn't seem wise to me, we upgraded our tow vehicle to an F150.

Quote:
We're looking at our trailer as more of a resort cabin we can easily relocate. (In my mind, camping is only done in tents or under the stars.) Our adventures will begin on the trip we have planned to take delivery of the trailer and meander back home.

But it's good that you joined. I wanted and got lots of help when we did our configuration.
SteveSgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I highly recommend pick up sometime in May and then drive over to Osoyoos for the annual Escape rally, it is a fun time and you can show off your new Escape!