Excited about our 21NE (Front Range, Colorado) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2022, 09:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Excited about our 21NE (Front Range, Colorado)

Hello!

Two days ago, my wife and I bought a used 21NE (through the pre-owned ETI website), and we are thrilled to join the Escape community! We have previously owned a small teardrop (too small) and a 25’ Lance (too big), so we’re hoping our 21 is going to be just right.

We have a 3 year old son who has some special needs, so we found the convertible dinette in the 21NE the perfect fit for our family’s adventuring needs, and it’ll be still be great if we happen to have another baby in the future. I’m a mechanical engineer, and my wife works at a library organizing outreach and events.

Below is a photo from one of our first nights in the trailer, in Wyoming on the way back from picking it up in Montana.
Attached Thumbnails
74DFB19B-5660-4B8A-A051-896265159402.jpg  
rainyescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyescape View Post
Hello!

Two days ago, my wife and I bought a used 21NE (through the pre-owned ETI website), and we are thrilled to join the Escape community! We have previously owned a small teardrop (too small) and a 25’ Lance (too big), so we’re hoping our 21 is going to be just right.

We have a 3 year old son who has some special needs, so we found the convertible dinette in the 21NE the perfect fit for our family’s adventuring needs, and it’ll be still be great if we happen to have another baby in the future. I’m a mechanical engineer, and my wife works at a library organizing outreach and events.

Below is a photo from one of our first nights in the trailer, in Wyoming on the way back from picking it up in Montana.
welcome aboard! Seems like you have your families needs dialed in. Adventure awaits, have fun!
Old 05-31-2022, 09:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Welcome! We are in our first year of ownership too.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:54 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
Welcome to the club...we picked up our 21NE just over a year ago. The best way I've described it is, everything we need and nothing we don't. You'll love it.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
That is a great photo! I think Escape has a photo contest (on their Facebook site?). You should definitely enter.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregColdewey View Post
The best way I've described it is, everything we need and nothing we don't.
That’s perfect!
Old 05-31-2022, 02:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA
Welcome!

Hope you and your family get good use out of your new Escape while having fun.

We lived in Ft Collins, worked in Longmont for 10 yrs, so watched Erie grow!

Stop by and trade stories if you ever come this way.

Mike
Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Welcome!

Hope you and your family get good use out of your new Escape while having fun.

We lived in Ft Collins, worked in Longmont for 10 yrs, so watched Erie grow!

Stop by and trade stories if you ever come this way.

Mike
Thanks Mike! We met just do that, we have loved seeing other Escapes out in the wild, and would not have bought one without this great community and the ambassador program.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:10 PM   #9

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
We're considering having our new 21C Escape shipped to Bozeman in late October and then heading down to our daughter's house in Cheyenne.

Where in Wyoming is this?
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:30 PM   #10

Trailer: cancelled
Congrats on the trailer! That looked like a pretty nice one, if its the one I'm thinking of from the pre-owned listings.
Reimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
We're considering having our new 21C Escape shipped to Bozeman in late October and then heading down to our daughter's house in Cheyenne.

Where in Wyoming is this?
Glendo State Park, which seemed pretty nice, except it was overrun by massive fifth wheelers. We were the smallest trailer there!
Old 06-03-2022, 03:46 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 Lance 2075
Quote:
Hello!

I'm taking a similar path! I had a Casita, currently have a 25' Lance 2075 that I have listed for sale, and have a deposit on an Escape. Congrats on your 21 NE; no doubt you'll get years of enjoyment from it. Which Lance did you have?
AZ Wonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Wonderer View Post
I'm taking a similar path! I had a Casita, currently have a 25' Lance 2075 that I have listed for sale, and have a deposit on an Escape. Congrats on your 21 NE; no doubt you'll get years of enjoyment from it. Which Lance did you have?
Whoa, we also had a 2075! We have found that the 21NE feels like it has more room than the Lance, even though it's a smaller trailer. The layout is just better, and the area in the galley is wider. One person has a harder time getting out of bed, but really that's the only downside! Even storage is better, and even though we never really had a hard time in the Lance, but it's amazing how much room there is the 21NE. We also had numerous issues with the stove and water pump and the Truma and so on and so on - I know the Escape's components won't last forever, but at least everything is more more easily accessible. It was impossible to service anything in the Lance.

If you are like me, you'll be much better off! Congrats!
Old 06-08-2022, 01:22 PM   #14

Trailer: Ordering ‘21 5.0 TA
Quote:
Hello!

Congrats! We’re in the Monument area. We started with a Casita (Independence) in 2019. That lasted a season and we sold it in a day. ������. It was simply too small for my wife, myself and our Labs (Teddy and Dolly). We now have a 5.0 that we had delivered to Denver last March. It has been awesome and just great for the 4 of us.
We’re seeing more and more Escapes on the roads these days but it’s still a big deal when you see one coming at you from the opposite direction. Enjoy it!!
Colorado Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote