Future 21NE Owner - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2021, 01:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 2023 21NE
Future 21NE Owner

Hello, I placed my deposit for a 21NE last week. March 2023 delivery...

Don
Toronto, Ontario
Donny A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome, Donny,
Please tell us the reasons you chose that model over the other available ones?
Old 08-24-2021, 05:43 PM   #3

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Congratulations!

We placed our order this summer with an original completion date of June 2023. It is now October 22.

We are leaning towards the 21C but are torn between that and the 21NE. I'm interested in your decision on 21NE.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #4

Hello, the reasons we chose the 21NE is because ever since my wife and I started to look at floor plans of various 5th wheels and then travel trailers, she has said that she wants a dedicated bedroom. She doesn't want us to have to make up and break down the bed everyday. With that in mind I prefer the rear bed layout of the 19 and 21NE, to me it makes more sense to have the dinette close to the entrance. The 21NE won out due to the larger kitchen and more storage and we are not limited by the tow vehicle capability because we don't have that yet either.

Being a Canadian, I love that Escape is Canadian made.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #5

Our 21NE is in production! And we have registered for the Rally in the Valley!
Old 11-08-2022, 08:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny A View Post
Our 21NE is in production! And we have registered for the Rally in the Valley!
Nothing like attending the Rally in Osoyoos with your new Escape after pickup in Chilliwack.....we did that this year......
Old 11-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
We picked up our 21 NE in April 2021 and could not be happier. Every single component has worked perfectly and we couldn't be happier with our decision. Our main decision point for the 21 NE vs. the 21 C was the full queen bed...we both prefer a little more room when sleeping, and prefer the dinette in the front. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:32 PM   #8

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregColdewey View Post
Our main decision point for the 21 NE vs. the 21 C was the full queen bed...we both prefer a little more room when sleeping.
We fought this decision for months and finally decided on the 21C so neither of us had to do the ole' climb over.

We were convinced the narrow bed would be a problem but we were quite surprised by the room we had since we can both sleep right at the edge of the mattress.

I'm sure the 21 NE will be a great choice with the bigger bed and the bigger dinette.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:22 PM   #9

Pick up day is December 1st!
Old 11-18-2022, 08:48 AM   #10

Trailer: 21NE picked up in May 2022
An excellent choice! We are very happy with our 21NE. Next summer I think we will be going up to Cape Breton for a month!
Randy in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:25 AM   #11

Trailer: 21NE 2022
We pick up our 21NE next Tuesday. Having it delivered to Memphis (6 hours from home) as it was delayed a month and now I can't take the time to drive out to Sumas.

We chose the NE model because my wife didn't like that you basically walk into the bedroom the moment you enter the 21C. The 21C has more storage but I am convinced that the 21NE already has more storage than I will ever fill.

Our plan is to put a nice cover over the bed each morning so that it looks less like a sleeping area and to protect it from dog hair. The bed should just fade out of view leaving us with the U-shaped dinette for hanging out (wife has asthma and doesn't spend much time outside) and not feeling like we are in a small space. We'll have to see how the small black tank goes as I like state parks and they don't have sewer connections at the sites. That said, they do have public bathrooms so we won't need to hold it until we get home.
GTR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:45 PM   #12

Pick-up postponed, seems the custom Formica hasn't arrived! New pick-up date is TBD.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:09 AM   #13

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR guy View Post
We pick up our 21NE next Tuesday. Having it delivered to Memphis (6 hours from home) as it was delayed a month and now I can't take the time to drive out to Sumas.

We chose the NE model because my wife didn't like that you basically walk into the bedroom the moment you enter the 21C. The 21C has more storage but I am convinced that the 21NE already has more storage than I will ever fill.

Our plan is to put a nice cover over the bed each morning so that it looks less like a sleeping area and to protect it from dog hair. The bed should just fade out of view leaving us with the U-shaped dinette for hanging out (wife has asthma and doesn't spend much time outside) and not feeling like we are in a small space. We'll have to see how the small black tank goes as I like state parks and they don't have sewer connections at the sites. That said, they do have public bathrooms so we won't need to hold it until we get home.
How 'bout those Vols! 1956 grad here
Old 12-08-2022, 11:34 AM   #14

Trailer: WTB: E19
Quote:
Pick-up postponed, seems the custom Formica hasn't arrived! New pick-up date is TBD.
I am amazed at the compressed deilvery timeframe. Originally March 2023 and now the beginning of Dec 2022. Unless there have been massive increase to the manufacturing and production processes I would like to know how that timeline was change that dramatically. Have there been cancellations that allow you to be move up in Que? If yes, that maybe an indication of the overall health of the economy. I am starting to see truck advertisments offering $6,800 off MSRP.

Well hopefully the Escape crew goes through a punch list and addresses any issues. I would like to think they will have proper cut outs of the cabinet spaces, fully buff and polish the top, ensure the windows do not have gaps, etc.

You will have to post pictures and I am curious to see that "custom" formica.

Bill
Old 12-08-2022, 09:02 PM   #15

Hi, don't really know why we moved up in the queue.
June 6, 2022 - queue number 242, 44 trailers built in May
July 7, 2022 - queue number 175, 47 trailers built in June
August 5, 2022 - queue number 133, 42 trailers built in July
September 8, 2022 - queue number 82, 50 trailers built in August
October 28, 2022 - trailer entered production
So it looks like we moved up in the May - June time period.

Custom Formica will be delivered to Escape December 14.
I really am looking forward to receiving the final photos once the trailer is done.

I expect we will be travelling to Chilliwack early in the new year to take delivery. Driving from Toronto, then going to visit Vancouver Island and possibly south into Washington, Oregon and California. Hit the Rally in the Valley in May, then home to Ontario. I hope we survive it all.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Hi, don't really know why we moved up in the queue.
June 6, 2022 - queue number 242, 44 trailers built in May
July 7, 2022 - queue number 175, 47 trailers built in June
August 5, 2022 - queue number 133, 42 trailers built in July
September 8, 2022 - queue number 82, 50 trailers built in August
October 28, 2022 - trailer entered production
So it looks like we moved up in the May - June time period.

Custom Formica will be delivered to Escape December 14.
I really am looking forward to receiving the final photos once the trailer is done.

I expect we will be travelling to Chilliwack early in the new year to take delivery. Driving from Toronto, then going to visit Vancouver Island and possibly south into Washington, Oregon and California. Hit the Rally in the Valley in May, then home to Ontario. I hope we survive it all.
Sounds like a memorable trip, glad you can make it to Osoyoos........
Old 03-04-2023, 09:09 AM   #17

Picked up on Feb 16th! Currently at Surf Grove (sorry don't surf) in Tofino hoping to see a storm!
Old 03-04-2023, 12:34 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
CONGRATS from Victoria! (Sorry ‘bout the Weather).

Hope you’re enjoying your new Escape & that it’s meeting all your expectations! If you’re still going to the States, just an FYI or reminder that the COHO ferry goes over to Port Angeles directly from Victoria Harbour. We took it last May for our trip south and it was great. If you come by Victoria, PM me and stop by for a coffee; love to see your trailer. If not, see you in Osoyoos as we head on to Newfoundland. Richard & Gloria (‘16 5.0). All the best!
land’SCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote